Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2011, 07:35 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,452,758 times

Advertisements

Nicole is making a huge case to be axed. Please producers make it happen. Rachel slayed that song vs Marcus. All she was doing was looking out for her contestant just like last week by voting out the stronger contestant in the bottom. Shame Shame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2011, 07:40 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,007,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Nicole is making a huge case to be axed. Please producers make it happen. Rachel slayed that song vs Marcus. All she was doing was looking out for her contestant just like last week by voting out the stronger contestant in the bottom. Shame Shame.
LOL Yeah, that's called Doing her job. She is a judge and has her own team to get through this, after all. Surprise surprise.

Oh no, it's going to happen again next week too. Which judge will be the one who should be axed then?

Old 12-09-2011, 07:49 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,452,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
LOL Yeah, that's called Doing her job. She is a judge and has her own team to get through this, after all. Surprise surprise.

Oh no, it's going to happen again next week too. Which judge will be the one who should be axed then?

What happens when CD fav Josh falls below against Marcus and Simon says "F it" and votes him off just in spite. Will then you have a reaction to better comp getting voted out?

Nicole is obviously afraid her Josh can't compete against them. It's why Simon has to mention during Melanie's performance last week, please vote her through or else Nicole/Paula will vote her off. He knows what is going on.

Old 12-09-2011, 07:52 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
What happens when CD fav Josh falls below against Marcus and Simon says "F it" and votes him off just in spite. Will then you have a reaction to better comp getting voted out?

Nicole is obviously afraid her Josh can't compete against them. It's why Simon has to mention during Melanie's performance last week, please vote her through or else Nicole/Paula will vote her off. He knows what is going on.
Nope. If Josh gets voted off I'm not worried because, as I've said before, he's got too much talent to stand in the corner and sing about Pepsi. The flood gates have been opened for him now. He's on his way.

And when are you people going to get it, SOMEONE has to be voted off every week. The point is to reach a winner. If you can't handle that, maybe you should avoid the show. LOL

Old 12-09-2011, 08:01 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,561,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfancier View Post
My point exactly...what did Mommy "promise"? At that moment Rachel was 13 going on 3 -- a whiny toddler. I wasn't heartbroken for her, I was annoyed at that moment. I feel vindicated that these CHILDREN should not be on this type of show. I felt the flinging herself on the stage and outright bawling was complete drama queen stuff. And I'm sorry but her save-me song was a bad choice....it was too old for her. I sure hope Disney is calling and she starts singing/acting in appropriate ways!
I guess she's saying she asked her Mom "You promise it will be okay?" or something like that. (Insert shrug)

Live at X Factor: Does Nicole Scherzinger Regret Her Decision? Plus, Rachel Crow's Final Words Revealed! - E! Online (http://www.eonline.com/news/watch_with_kristin/live_x_factor_does_nicole_scherzinger/279523 - broken link)

Old 12-09-2011, 08:02 AM

302 posts, read 580,450 times
I think that its disingenuous to call it a "save" song when in fact if is an exercise in futility. Like it or not Rachel outperformed Marcus in the "save" song and then the judges voted for the person who would likely cause them less problem at the end. The audience for the night should decide who wins - not the judges who have an agenda. Marcus even looked like he didn't think it was right. I think he's figured out that he's being used to pave the way for the others.

Rachel has a bright future in front of her, she is young though and this is hard. I hate to think of Disney getting hold of her though- it would be sad to see that sweet little girl Lohanned.

I'm still pulling for Josh and Melanie, they have been my favorites from the beginning, I just hate to see the game playing with the judges. Nicole's histrionics were silly- she really should invest in some acting classes.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:03 AM

5,333 posts, read 8,546,864 times
What I don't like about Rachel is that she seems so affected at times- she acts like everyone will just automatically think she is the cutest thing. Her demeanor on stage seems fake- always smiling, but in a forced way. I also find something irritating about this person who looks like a child singing songs about things that only adults could really know about -falling in love, breaking up, etc.

She does have a good voice, but she for me, she would be a much better suited to musicals or child-focused songs or acts. She would seem believable if she were in a Disney routine or something on Nickelodeon.

It kind of creeps me out to watch her doing these adult routines.

Maybe she can get into some kind of gig that is a better fit for her age now.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof11 View Post
I think that its disingenuous to call it a "save" song when in fact if is an exercise in futility. Like it or not Rachel outperformed Marcus in the "save" song and then the judges voted for the person who would likely cause them less problem at the end. The audience for the night should decide who wins - not the judges who have an agenda. Marcus even looked like he didn't think it was right. I think he's figured out that he's being used to pave the way for the others.

Rachel has a bright future in front of her, she is young though and this is hard. I hate to think of Disney getting hold of her though- it would be sad to see that sweet little girl Lohanned.

I'm still pulling for Josh and Melanie, they have been my favorites from the beginning, I just hate to see the game playing with the judges. Nicole's histrionics were silly- she really should invest in some acting classes.
But that's what the deadlock was, the vote of the audience decides and Rachel has the least votes so that's just what happened. I think Rachel is a little performer with a great future but I think her performances right now are too forced. She needs more coaching to get rid of that. That's why she went home last night. A lot of people don't like that forced feel.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E E View Post
What I don't like about Rachel is that she seems so affected at times- she acts like everyone will just automatically think she is the cutest thing. Her demeanor on stage seems fake- always smiling, but in a forced way. I also find something irritating about this person who looks like a child singing songs about things that only adults could really know about -falling in love, breaking up, etc.

She does have a good voice, but she for me, she would be a much better suited to musicals or child-focused songs or acts. She would seem believable if she were in a Disney routine or something on Nickelodeon.

It kind of creeps me out to watch her doing these adult routines.

Maybe she can get into some kind of gig that is a better fit for her age now.
I really agree with this. She tries too hard and comes across as fake and there's not enough life experience in her performances for these songs about adult life to have any real feeling behind them, hence, the forced feel to them. She just needs more experience. Give her gigs for kids....Disney or some sitcom. She'll be a success while she's gaining experience. She just wasn't ready for this win.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:26 AM

302 posts, read 580,450 times
Quote:
But that's what the deadlock was, the vote of the audience decides and Rachel has the least votes so that's just what happened. I think Rachel is a little performer with a great future but I think her performances right now are too forced. She needs more coaching to get rid of that. That's why she went home last night. A lot of people don't like that forced feel.
She went home last night because it furthered the intent of the judges. The "audience" voted before the save song. I think it should be decided by the people who are in the building that night. Leaving the judges (who have an agenda) out of the decision altogether.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV