Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2011, 10:00 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,811,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartchya View Post
I am out of this conversation. #1 Don't question my parenting or tell me about being unselfish. Unlike these teen moms I am not a moron who just moves cross country. How dare you insinuate that I am a selfish parent because I would never move and leave my child behind. People move, get new jobs, go through all kinds of things but they don't just leave their children. #2 Farrah's family is a MESS. Look out how Farrah has turned out. Serious issues. Farrah is already in the news today saying she is enjoying getting her freedom back. That's what this was about. None of this was about what is better for Sophia or Farrah being just so unselfish. Please.

simmer down. Chill out. No one targeted you specifically; it was a generalization. However you did bring yourself into the conversation by telling about yourself and your child.
I didn't insinuate you are selfish--this aint about you!
I don't always blame the parents when their kids turn out like Farrah. There are bad seeds who grow into full fledged s**t bushes aka Farrah. She has an older sister who seems just fine; so not placing all of Farrah's behavior on the parents.
If Farrah is in the news saying she's happy and enjoying her freedom then I think it was probably a most excellent plan that Sophia be with her grandparents. Everyone is happy this way
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 06:46 AM

2,149 posts, read 4,156,350 times
It's all a moot point now, b/c apparently she did take her child with her. She had left her for about 2 weeks to get settled in and then brought her down. Makes sense.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:45 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,182,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomRep View Post
It's all a moot point now, b/c apparently she did take her child with her. She had left her for about 2 weeks to get settled in and then brought her down. Makes sense.
Absolutely fantastic to hear. While her moving may not have been the best decision, she did it the right way.

Quote:
Unlike these teen moms I am not a moron who just moves cross country.
I almost did earlier this year for a promotion and job security. Virginia to California. It wasn't a spur of the moment thing, but rather something that was looked at, considered, priced, etc for months. In the end, I didn't do it, but one of the things we had planned is that I was going to move out to CA by myself and get a place settled and general idea of the surroundings.

During that time, my husband would stay in VA with our daughter. Probably for about a month or two.

But that's me.

Quote:
How dare you insinuate that I am a selfish parent because I would never move and leave my child behind.
Nobody insinuated anything about you specifically. The "you" in the sentence "Sometimes you just have to be an unselfish parent and do what's best for the child- not what YOU as a parent wants" is more of a plural. Grammatically, it could have also read "Sometimes parents need to be unselfish and do what's best for the child - not what they, as parents, want."

It's basically stating that, in the instance of Sophia, Farrah may have wanted to bring Sophia from day one, but chose what would have been best for Sophia - to have a small vacation with her grandparents while Farrah got everything settled down in Florida.
Quote:
People move, get new jobs, go through all kinds of things but they don't just leave their children.
See my above story.

Quote:
#2 Farrah's family is a MESS. Look out how Farrah has turned out. Serious issues.
Someone already said it, but Farrah's sister is very stable. In a number of psychology and child development classes, the differences between Farrah and her older sister are not uncommon. A stable, well-adjusted older sibling and a childish "never had anything expected of them" younger sibling.

Quote:
Farrah is already in the news today saying she is enjoying getting her freedom back.
Actually, it appears that Farrah is in the news because Sophia is now in Florida with her.

Quote:
That's what this was about. None of this was about what is better for Sophia or Farrah being just so unselfish. Please.
Seeing as how Sophia is now with Farrah, it appears that Farrah asked her parents to care for Sophia for two weeks while she got an apartment (or house) ready in Florida.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
I am the father of a 5 year old. And if a move is necessitated, I'd rather move ahead of time and let my daughter stay with her grandfather for a month while we get stuff straightened out than have her in the thick of things, which would confuse her and just plain not be fair to her.
I think every parent should do as he or she feels is best for the child. Whether it's move immediately or stay with a friend or family member, a long distance move with young children is a difficult decision to make.

Old 09-16-2011, 08:14 AM

She's in the news now because of the latest episode, and the interview she did, but all of this happened months ago. So, she's been living with Sophia in Florida for about 6 months now.

Old 09-16-2011, 01:19 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,364,293 times
Quote:
I am out of this conversation. #1 Don't question my parenting or tell me about being unselfish. Unlike these teen moms I am not a moron who just moves cross country. How dare you insinuate that I am a selfish parent because I would never move and leave my child behind. People move, get new jobs, go through all kinds of things but they don't just leave their children. #2 Farrah's family is a MESS. Look out how Farrah has turned out. Serious issues. Farrah is already in the news today saying she is enjoying getting her freedom back. That's what this was about. None of this was about what is better for Sophia or Farrah being just so unselfish. Please.
I think you took that comment way too personally, I really don't think it was meant to be taken that way.

And I also agree with PippySkiddles and Phantasy Tokoro. Due to the nature of my husbands work we've had to move a couple times. With our most recent move it was over a long distance and was a lot more complicated. Because of that, I remained with our child while my husband set up the move in another state. It really was the best situation. And as Dom Rep already pointed out, apparently Sophie staying with grandma was a very temporary thing as she's living with Farrah in Florida.

Old 09-16-2011, 05:09 PM

377 posts, read 652,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomRep View Post
She's in the news now because of the latest episode, and the interview she did, but all of this happened months ago. So, she's been living with Sophia in Florida for about 6 months now.
Do you have a link where it says that Sophia is living with her in Florida full time? All of the articles I have seen say she isn't. I also checked out her Twitter out of curiosity and it seems like she goes out to bars A LOT more and apparently was just in NYC for fashion week. So just wondering.

Anyways sorry to get so defensive yesterday. Just tired. Def. took it too personally. It's just my daughter and me though so maybe that is why I just cannot imagine not having her with me. We bought a house about 30 minutes away from where we previously lived. Our move was simple and she didn't seem to notice. I drive the extra 30 minutes to her daycare in rush hour so she can stay there with the people she has known.

I do hope that they just did the temporary thing and Sophia and Farrah are living on their own.

Old 09-18-2011, 01:12 AM

3,023 posts, read 2,279,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
You know... While it could be seen as a horrible decision, I actually think it was a good idea for Farrah to leave Sophia in the stable home of her parents for at least 2-3 months so that she has time to focus on preparing residence, childcare, and general everyday life for the both of them in Florida. How fair would it have been to Sophia to take her away from everyone she knows and thrown into an environment that hasn't even been fleshed out?

While I don't agree with it being for the entire time that it should take her to get her Bachelor's, it's a breath of fresh air to see that she chose what was going to be better and more stable for her Sophia.

I do not see how you think leaving Sophia with Farrah's mom is a stable home look at how Farrah turned out. Farrah may not be a perfect parent but so far she seems to be doing better then her mom did.

Old 09-18-2011, 01:27 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,811,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1984 View Post
I do not see how you think leaving Sophia with Farrah's mom is a stable home look at how Farrah turned out. Farrah may not be a perfect parent but so far she seems to be doing better then her mom did.
she has had the help of both Debra and Michael in the first few years of Sophia's life.
Farrah has a sister who seems to have turned out just fine.
I don't believe all of Farrah's bad behavior is due to her parents being bad parents.

Old 09-19-2011, 11:54 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,806,572 times
Just have to say...

isn't Bentley the cutest kid ever? Gosh, he's so adorable and says the cutest things! I do wonder if the fact he looks SO much like Maci ever drives Ryan crazy?

Somebody please clue me in...how is Farrah affording her college education? At the Art Institute she'll rack up at least $60,000 more finishing that four year degree. Guess she could be doing student loans like everyone else, but how is she paying her rent and living expenses? Maybe these kids are just making a lot of money off the show? It doesn't seem like Cate and Tyler have the kind of money Farrah seems to have (living in a trailer, going to community college) so I'm just wondering how much they are all being paid?

Old 09-19-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Just have to say...

isn't Bentley the cutest kid ever? Gosh, he's so adorable and says the cutest things! I do wonder if the fact he looks SO much like Maci ever drives Ryan crazy?

Somebody please clue me in...how is Farrah affording her college education? At the Art Institute she'll rack up at least $60,000 more finishing that four year degree. Guess she could be doing student loans like everyone else, but how is she paying her rent and living expenses? Maybe these kids are just making a lot of money off the show? It doesn't seem like Cate and Tyler have the kind of money Farrah seems to have (living in a trailer, going to community college) so I'm just wondering how much they are all being paid?
Aren't her folks loaded? Or maybe we're underestimating just how much these kids make. I believe Amber made $140K every 6 months. If that's true for Farrah, or maybe she got more, she can pay her way and still have money left to save.

heartchya - starcasm.net or something? I just didn't a google search and they came up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV