Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2010, 08:27 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times

Advertisements

I thought you were commenting on the "reunion" show with Dr. Drew last night....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2010, 08:40 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,406,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I thought you were commenting on the "reunion" show with Dr. Drew last night....

No, I missed the reunion show.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:58 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,799,328 times
I know I watch several trashy reality shows, but what is it about "Teen Mom"

Are you guys glorifying teen moms?? This show is horrible and disturbing.

I saw the young mom beating her boyfriend infront of the baby. These aren't adults. These are children. Is the show about teen pregnancy or prevention. Stats say, teen moms are at a higher risk to have another kid within a year of having the first.

I will never watch this show. Yuck!

Old 10-20-2010, 08:58 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,406,673 times
I found this interesting from the TM site:

The biggest question: Is Amber pregnant again?
Internet fans searched for an answer after Amber and Gary's interview with Dr. Drew. Amber and Gary, who broke up during "Teen Mom," told Dr. Drew they're back together. Then, as their interview wrapped up, Amber said she felt like she could be pregnant again.

If she is, wonder who's the baby's Daddy? Gary or Walmart guy?? HHmmmm

Old 10-20-2010, 09:18 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,173,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
I know I watch several trashy reality shows, but what is it about "Teen Mom"

Are you guys glorifying teen moms?? This show is horrible and disturbing.

I saw the young mom beating her boyfriend infront of the baby. These aren't adults. These are children. Is the show about teen pregnancy or prevention. Stats say, teen moms are at a higher risk to have another kid within a year of having the first.

I will never watch this show. Yuck!
Actually, it doesn't glorify being a teen mother at all. It actually shows how crappy it is to be a teen mom.

You've got Catelynn who made the decision (with the support and love from the father) who gave the child up for adoption. You get to see how that affects her and her family - which, in her case, her mothers uses it against her at every turn.

You've got Farrah who was raised to get anything and everything she has ever wanted in life - and now struggles to deal with the result of her selfishness and naivety about the world. She also lost 99% of her friends because they ditched her when she was pregnant.

You've got Maci who is testing the waters of being independent of her parents. It showed her struggles to keep going to school while taking care of a child - a task that was too hard for her to maintain, so she dropped out. Twice, I believe.

You've got Amber who is dealing with a number of psychological issues - the mother you saw literally beating the father of her child... while the child was watching. She dropped out of high school, she failed every portion of the practice GED, and even now hasn't continued her education.

This isn't a show glorifying how "awesome" it is to be raising a child while still being a child. If anything, it shows how awful it is to be a parent while not being settled into life.

Oh, and if Amber is pregnant again, she should probably look at giving the child up for adoption. If the lovable Leah is too much "stress" for her, then:

Leah + newborn baby - Gary to help = Biggest recipe for disaster. Ever.

Old 10-20-2010, 01:13 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,798,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nan5623 View Post
Maci & Kyle broke up, he told her it was too much for him. Better now then later when Bentley is really attached to Kyle. I wish them all the best in their life's endeavors.

Catelynn's Mom. She doesn't seem to work, how can she afford a BMW? But has no $$ to retain a lawyer to get her hubby out of jail?

Amber ~~ what a beotch. I hope Gary doesn't go back to her and gets custody of Leah.

Farrah ~~ what a drama queen. I hope she's NOT pg again! She can't handle one, let alone another baby.

I enjoyed this season of Teen Mom, but don't know if I can stand to watch "9" more teen mom's this new season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nan5623 View Post
That very well could be maciesmom. I just saw where he walked out on her and she was telling her G/F's about it. I could have missed part of it that's for sure.
are you referring to last week's show?
The new one last night was the 2 hour show with Dr. Drew

Old 10-20-2010, 04:49 PM

7,370 posts, read 5,484,723 times
I watched the check up reunion show with Dr. Drew. I'm pretty sure the clip where Amber said she thought she might be pregnant again was from the beginning of the season. Thank God she was NOT pregnant. Last night Amber was just a mess. She seemed out of it and pathetic. I don't know if she really felt bad for her abusive behavior or if she was just putting on an act, but she needs to get help badly for her sake and that little girls.
Farrah needs to stay in therapy. There still seemed to be issues with her mother and the deceased baby daddy.
I was glad Dr. Drew had some words for Catelynn's mother about how she was abusing her daughter.
And I was glad Maci called out Ryan on his bad behavior too.
This show was exhausting and sad to watch. If there is another season I am going to pass.

Last edited by rxgrrl; 10-20-2010 at 05:16 PM..

Old 10-20-2010, 11:13 PM

1,128 posts, read 1,645,873 times
Quote:
Tuned in for a bit last night....

Why does Dr. Drew keep wanting to get Ryan and Maci back together? Stop. Plus - why does Maci (with Dr. Drew's support) really believe that Ryan's behavior for the first year of Bentley's life was HER fault? Please.

I was thinking the same thing!
He kept saying Maci needed to "be there for what Ryan needed" and wasn't.
Puhleez, give me a break, that fool was lazy, he did nothing to help that girl out when she was trying to study, and he was always out enjoying himself. And he had needs?
He's such a loser he doesn't even act like he worries about his son at all.
If Ryan was my son and had a kid and he was acting that way I'd be all over his butt to man up and be more responsible!
I don't know why Dr Drew was siding with him....

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 10-21-2010 at 09:29 AM.. Reason: Fixing the quoting issue

Old 10-20-2010, 11:28 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,798,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixscorpiogirl View Post
Quote:
Tuned in for a bit last night....

Why does Dr. Drew keep wanting to get Ryan and Maci back together? Stop. Plus - why does Maci (with Dr. Drew's support) really believe that Ryan's behavior for the first year of Bentley's life was HER fault? Please.

I was thinking the same thing!
He kept saying Maci needed to "be there for what Ryan needed" and wasn't.
Puhleez, give me a break, that fool was lazy, he did nothing to help that girl out when she was trying to study, and he was always out enjoying himself. And he had needs?
He's such a loser he doesn't even act like he worries about his son at all.
If Ryan was my son and had a kid and he was acting that way I'd be all over his butt to man up and be more responsible!
I don't know why Dr Drew was siding with him....
I'm a huge Dr. Drew fan but he was way off the mark with the Ryan situation. he should have held Ryan accountable for his blaise attitude toward his child and Maci. Maci had NOTHING to apologize to that loser Ryan.
Also I felt Dr. Drew should have (maybe he did off camera) encouraged Amber to get help ASAP. That girl is a mess.
Dr. Drew---you weren't your usual brilliant self on that episode.

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 10-21-2010 at 09:29 AM.. Reason: Fixing the quoting issue

Old 10-20-2010, 11:35 PM

1,128 posts, read 1,645,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I'm a huge Dr. Drew fan but he was way off the mark with the Ryan situation. he should have held Ryan accountable for his blaise attitude toward his child and Maci. Maci had NOTHING to apologize to that loser Ryan.
Also I felt Dr. Drew should have (maybe he did off camera) encouraged Amber to get help ASAP. That girl is a mess.
Dr. Drew---you weren't your usual brilliant self on that episode.

LOL yeah, I usually like him on his "Celebrity rehab" show

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 10-21-2010 at 09:30 AM.. Reason: Fixing the quoting issue
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV