Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2014, 10:23 PM

934 posts, read 1,128,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I am worried that the young couple does not have a chance to talk privately with out the parents listening. I really don't have a problem with the chaperoning, but the couple needs to talk about personal things, especially if the young man believes some things that will not be exactly like what the Duggars believe. I'd just love to have one of the girls marry a man who wants a stylish wife who doesn't dress so dowdy, or a husband who hates long hair.

I have never felt the Duggar girls dress "Dowdy". I think they are stylish in their 'modest' way. I think the hair styles are more telling. The same curled locks. Including friend families. Not that it hurts. The girls are beautiful. I don't think anyone can say what it's like for these young people, because we see them through our own lens and perspective. I am sure that the kids have relations with other people, but they don't develop, so, we don't see them. They choose what we will see. I'd like to see one defect just so we could hear an "inside" scoop, but I don't really want the family to be broken up. They are sweet in their own way. I don't agree with a lot of their viewpoints. In fact, in some ways I'm vehemently opposed to their viewpoints, but as for their "culture", well, that's theirs, I guess. It does feel to a degree that women are kind of looked upon as "breeders".

Old 08-21-2014, 12:16 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,500,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynach View Post
I haven't seen the finale. Looks like they were married in June. We get to see the wedding in September.
Just saw today that they are married and she is pregnant.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:43 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
I'm still waiting for Jessa to become a stripper regardless that she's now engaged.

Old 08-21-2014, 11:55 AM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Oh, here we go. Does anyone know what Derick does for a living, and if they are likely to go back to a foreign country to live? Derick is super cute, and seems to be a bit more worldly than most of the people the girls have been exposed to.

Old 08-21-2014, 03:07 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Oh, here we go. Does anyone know what Derick does for a living, and if they are likely to go back to a foreign country to live? Derick is super cute, and seems to be a bit more worldly than most of the people the girls have been exposed to.
I have no idea what he does. He was overseas on a mission trip for quite a while....maybe we will find out on September 2nd!

Old 08-21-2014, 03:22 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynach View Post
Isn't it refreshing to see a girl in a wedding dress that isn't sleeveless and exposing? I'm not against showing cleavage, I just think the current trend in wedding dresses to be yuck. Just tired of each and every dress having no sleeves. What happened to beautiful bodices, necklines and sleeves.
Exactly how I'm feeling after watching "Say Yes To The Dress" yesterday. I think the Duggar girl's dress is beautiful and so becoming.

That last girl, Josey(?), who was such a premmie, sure is big now. Didn't Michelle get pregnant after Josey?? Think her ovaries have emptied out? There's a lot of time since she was preggers. Did she get a hysterectomy?

Old 08-21-2014, 03:59 PM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
I just got the current issue of People (free subscription), and it answered some of my questions. Derick is working as an accountant, but they expect to go on some mission assignments in 3 to 5 years. Really, I want to have hope they won't succumb to the mind numbed mindset of the religious sect they're in, but in the meantime I choose to share their joy.

As I have posted before, I hope Michelle hangs it up in the baby making department before she has a handicapped child that the last unmarried daughter has to take care of.

Old 08-21-2014, 04:21 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Saw in the other thread that he is working as an accountant. In 3-5 years they hope to go back to missionary work. Yeah, good luck with that. They'll have 4-6 kids by then. Looks like she may have gotten prego on her wedding night and if she's anything like her mother, she'll be popping one out every year.

Old 08-21-2014, 04:43 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Saw in the other thread that he is working as an accountant. In 3-5 years they hope to go back to missionary work. Yeah, good luck with that. They'll have 4-6 kids by then. Looks like she may have gotten prego on her wedding night and if she's anything like her mother, she'll be popping one out every year.
Sad thing is, she'll probably never have an orgasm. She's been brainwashed to believe sex is "dirty". I've recently read multiple articles about how the "saving yourself for marriage" thing actually screws people up sexually.

I used to watch this show for some reason, but no longer. They're anti-gay bigots and on certain levels, just ignorant. But they do come across as nice and wholesome on tv. I'm more interested to see further down the road which one of their kids revolts against the religious extremism. Or which one is gay. Out of all those kids, one of them is surely gay. That kid will either be kicked to the curb, or turn out to be one of those rabidly anti-gay closeted homosexuals

Old 08-21-2014, 05:29 PM

7,369 posts, read 5,483,693 times
I haven't watched this show in a very long time. I saw a preview I guess for their upcoming season and Jill said she got the pregnancy test from her mothers supply she keeps in her bedroom.
Is the mother/grandmother in denial that she's probably in menopause?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV