Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2010, 03:17 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times

Advertisements

I failed to mention...ditzy like Chrissy, but not charming and endearing like Chrissy.

Old 12-13-2010, 07:05 AM

3,964 posts, read 10,633,731 times
I bet Simon (Tamra's ex) and Russell would get on great.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:14 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,500,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywatcher75 View Post
[/b]I'm sure he reminds her of all that off camera. There's such a vibe of something "not right" at home. I wouldn't say he's beating Taylor but maybe another form of abuse.
I agree. With her background I think she picked someone who, if not exactly abusive (I don't know), is extremely controlling. Remember when it was time for her to leave the party...I think it was in Vegas. They're all having fun, the girls are talking and hubby decides that she must leave. I got a really weird vibe from that.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:40 AM

3,257 posts, read 6,128,472 times
My thoughts

Taylor - nice that she gives back to a shelter, but the ONLY reason she does it is because it hits home to her. If she had not bee a victim of abuse, she would not be giving back. You don't see her volunteering at the animal shelter. True volunteer work is not self serving, but hers kind of seems to be. But it is still a great thing to mentor those kids and women because they are down and out, PLUS also it pumps up her self esteem because she married up and got out of it. I wish she would have done something worthy of her $$status, like worked for a living or got a college education or something that EVERYONE can achieve. All those kids won't be as (gag) Pretty as fish lips is. I find her fugly but I can see she was pretty before she shoved cardboard in her lips.

Kyle and M- I dare say their relationship works because of HIM and his laid back attitude. He lets her win and does not argue much. IDEAL HUSBAND! I actually had mine watch the Happy Life Happy Wife comments.

Kim - she is just odd when it comes to social situations. She doesn't seem to have a good judge of what is acceptable and what is not. She appears almost child like with her choices. I am sure this has to do with her childhood being bizarre and having people probably let her do whatever she wanted. So many never truly grow up.

Adrienne- nice to see she is teaching Taylor some moves in self defense. All women should have skills to save their life.

Lisa and Cedric- her gay husband/son. Like he is her child that won't leave almost.

Camille - full on delusional. Having her friends come to her dinner party to back her up is very High School and mentally that is where she is stunted at. She has not progressed since then which is why she lies and instigates and blows things up. What an embarrassment.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:08 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
My thoughts

Taylor - nice that she gives back to a shelter, but the ONLY reason she does it is because it hits home to her. If she had not bee a victim of abuse, she would not be giving back. You don't see her volunteering at the animal shelter. True volunteer work is not self serving, but hers kind of seems to be. But it is still a great thing to mentor those kids and women because they are down and out, PLUS also it pumps up her self esteem because she married up and got out of it. I wish she would have done something worthy of her $$status, like worked for a living or got a college education or something that EVERYONE can achieve. All those kids won't be as (gag) Pretty as fish lips is. I find her fugly but I can see she was pretty before she shoved cardboard in her lips.

Kyle and M- I dare say their relationship works because of HIM and his laid back attitude. He lets her win and does not argue much. IDEAL HUSBAND! I actually had mine watch the Happy Life Happy Wife comments.

Kim - she is just odd when it comes to social situations. She doesn't seem to have a good judge of what is acceptable and what is not. She appears almost child like with her choices. I am sure this has to do with her childhood being bizarre and having people probably let her do whatever she wanted. So many never truly grow up.

Adrienne- nice to see she is teaching Taylor some moves in self defense. All women should have skills to save their life.

Lisa and Cedric- her gay husband/son. Like he is her child that won't leave almost.

Camille - full on delusional. Having her friends come to her dinner party to back her up is very High School and mentally that is where she is stunted at. She has not progressed since then which is why she lies and instigates and blows things up. What an embarrassment.
I think people are being very hard on Taylor, she is a flawed human being, but so are the rest of us. I would like to see all of these housewives do something more substantial with their lives, why single out Taylor? Many people volunteer for situations that are close to home for them, this benefits the people they are helping because they relate to the person, and know that they truly understand, people don't have to look up to her lifestyle choice to be helped by her. I think Taylor is starting to realize she made a bad choice, you could see it when she was talking to Kyle about their marriages. I doubt she recommends that women marry rich to get out of their situations. To a degree all volunteer work is self serving, we do it because it makes us feel good. Someone who volunteers at an animal shelter probably loves animals, and gets great enjoyment in the work.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:09 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,983,491 times
I get a weird vibe from Russel, also. Like he`s just blank emotionaly(maybe a narcissist).
I thought it was wierd that Kim would fake that she had a baby. That didn`t make any sense to me.You invite someone over then sabotage it.This week looks like it will be interesting seeing them at camille`s arguing.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:21 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I think people are being very hard on Taylor, she is a flawed human being, but so are the rest of us. I would like to see all of these housewives do something more substantial with their lives, why single out Taylor? Many people volunteer for situations that are close to home for them, this benefits the people they are helping because they relate to the person, and know that they truly understand, people don't have to look up to her lifestyle choice to be helped by her. I think Taylor is starting to realize she made a bad choice, you could see it when she was talking to Kyle about their marriages. I doubt she recommends that women marry rich to get out of their situations. To a degree all volunteer work is self serving, we do it because it makes us feel good. Someone who volunteers at an animal shelter probably loves animals, and gets great enjoyment in the work.
I could be a little more sympathetic toward Taylor, but when she flaunts her wealth around by having a personal stylist, throws herself a 4 year old's birthday party all because she feels the need to keep up with the Kyle's and Adrienne's of the Hills, it's very hard to say "awwwwww, what a nice person she is" when the tears start rolling. Again, for me, it came off as very disingenuous. She should have donated half of Turd boy Russell's cash she spent on the birthday party to that shelter ...

Old 12-13-2010, 10:21 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,500,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Agreed.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:35 AM

1,815 posts, read 3,167,823 times
I think Taylor has zero self esteem and has spent her adult life trying to compensate for a crappy childhood with material things & superficial indicators of success/wealth. There seems to be a glimmer of self reflection going on and I think she does regret marrying Russell but doesn't know where to go from here. I think therapy might actually do her some good, whereas Camille is so narcissistic that there's probably no chance of redemption in her future...hope her kids get some decent shrinks though!

Old 12-13-2010, 10:39 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I could be a little more sympathetic toward Taylor, but when she flaunts her wealth around by having a personal stylist, throws herself a 4 year old's birthday party all because she feels the need to keep up with the Kyle's and Adrienne's of the Hills, it's very hard to say "awwwwww, what a nice person she is" when the tears start rolling. Again, for me, it came off as very disingenuous. She should have donated half of Turd boy Russell's cash she spent on the birthday party to that shelter ...
No one's saying you have to think she's a nice person, like her, or agree with her choices, I don't, but she is giving back to the community in the volunteer work she does, that's a good thing and worthy of some credit. That's it, no one is saying she's perfect, deserves a medal, or to be named woman of the year. Abuse is painful, it affects a person for their entire life, and most people have a very hard time talking about it, putting it putting it out there on a TV show will help a lot of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV