Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 09:32 PM

2,611 posts, read 3,591,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Yes, we noticed that to! To us, what is still shocking is some of the acts that were put thru to Hollywood! The lady hand whistler, the red haired lady who plays the keyboard and sings are two acts that are just plain stupid!! Will be VERY glad when the viewers get to vote on who stays/who goes.
Exactly my thought! I mean, what two other acts should have gone in their place? I think the classy magician should have made it. I know Piers Morgan didn't like the red haired lady, so how did she get through? Howie and Shannon must have REALLY, REALLY begged for it. Maybe they all get just one pick no one can contest, who knows?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2010, 12:07 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,461,659 times
I really was disappointed when Carlos the opera singer didn't make it to Vegas. I mean, how can they choose a hand whistler or a bad impressist over him? I thought these had to be acts that can sustain the audiences's attention for an hour. Who could listen to either one of those two that made it for an hour? On the other hand, I could listen to Carlos sing for that length of time.

There are acts I like but am not a fan of like last year when I really liked the Five Tenors, Barbara (can't recall her last name) the opera singer and Grandma Lee.

I do enjoy some of the acts this year but there are no personalities that strike me as special this time around.

Old 07-10-2010, 06:20 PM

3,022 posts, read 2,275,854 times
i never understood why the air band go through the first round. What they do is not talent. I could dress up and play air guitar and jump around.

Old 07-11-2010, 10:33 AM

1 posts, read 1,547 times
Default Looking for songs

Hey, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I'm a total noob at these forums. If there's a better place for this, please direct me there.

Now, I'm looking for two songs, both from the episode where they booted the homeless singers and the kite-flying boy:

First, the song they played after the bad Arnold Schwarzenegger finished his act. It sounds kind of warped, like in and out of tune. It was also played in the BBC America version of Top Gear where they tested the Toyota Hilux.

Second, I'm looking for the song they played while the judges were making their selections for who to keep and who to boot. It's played fairly often all over tv, it's sort of like a rap beat.

Thanks!

Old 07-14-2010, 02:05 PM

did you watch it live or online? Sometimes the music is different online. But for the Arnold guy, could it be "goodbye, Mr. A" by the Hoosiers?

Old 07-14-2010, 02:40 PM

This might help.

America's Got Talent Music | Pure America's Got Talent

Old 07-14-2010, 08:12 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,624,575 times
Who was the dbag on tonight who was singing with Dee Snider and then segued into Don't Stop Believing? Cripes, I'm old. I don't know who anyone is anymore.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:08 AM

2,634 posts, read 2,679,942 times
How did Airpocalypse not make it? I feel like the voting is done mostly by teenage girls. Future Funk is something I could see at an elementary school talent show along with the two girls singing.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:19 AM

3,086 posts, read 7,617,679 times
I believe they intentionally stack the show with acts like the hand whistler, the yodeler and even the air band that the studio audience reacted favorably, but they know the voting audience will not support in mass quantities. They do this knowing that the voting audience will be more likely to go for the acts they really want to continue instead those.

Had they sent through the deserving acts they just cut instead of those above, the voting audience would be splitting their votes amongst all the various 'good' acts and their choices might not make it through past this first round.

It's stacking the deck to try to get both a varied show that people will still want to watch and the semi finalists they want to see there. It's a TV show that features 'talent', but certainly not a true 'talent' competition. Sadly.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:58 AM

8,957 posts, read 20,382,577 times
The acts that we wanted to go thru did, except for Future Funk which are two boy that are good, but definitely not Vegas material!! The "Gravity" act is huge and most definitely a Vegas act!! We are sure glad Air (whatever), the hand whistler is gone and now to get rid of that impersonator also. We like it that Ali and her sister made it, but got to watch singing Christian songs on AGT. The show is not a "Christain based" show!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV