Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2010, 12:08 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,875,896 times

Advertisements

I'm so thrilled Jennifer and Derek won!!

Thank goodness Bristol and Mark didn't win- they should of been cut Many weeks ago!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2010, 12:10 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Wasn't it MON and TUE? What the hell were you doing on Sundays that we weren't invited to?
Yup yer right......I was [as usual] cornfused.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:28 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,214,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I agree with you to a point. However, if you look on this board or any other DWTS forum, you would know what she is talking about. The unforgivable things that supposed adults have said about her are disgusting. And as a mother I would have rallied for my daughter also. I recall Jamie Lee Curtis rallying for Jennifer but haven't seen anyone mention it.

I thought the results were expected. I would have preferred Kyle but I don't vote so I can't complain. See ya all next year for the next enticing controversy.
It is sad how people cannot separate her mom from her. I don't like it when Rush etc. made fun of Clintons daughter, the same rules should apply to the left.

As I like to say, the two parties are like high school pep rallies, all emotion, no facts. Your teams are 2 and 10, you’re not number one, sorry.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:49 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
I'm not surprised Bristol didn't get enough votes to win, it runs in the family!

Old 11-24-2010, 12:57 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
OMG, OK, I might be crazy but i figured out who Bristol reminds me of....

Alice Kramden- She just stands there, has no emotion, no personality what so ever......
Yeah, what's with that 'Stepford' effect, either there is that polite little smile on her face, which was often inappropriate to the conversation, or that deadpan 'I'm at a funeral' demeanor. For a young girl she has a pathetically small range of emotions.

Old 11-24-2010, 02:59 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
this is a dance thread NOT a politics thread.
When they put a girl on the show who has a controversial political parent, then that blurs the line between dancing and politics, in my opinion. Maybe if it hadn't been an election year it would have been different but it's an unrealistic expectation that politics aren't going to be part of the discussion of this season's show. Entertainment and sports celebrities don't have the same undertones of serious and often clashing values like political figures. I hope the producers never try to mix politics---how ever remote the family member---and entertainment again.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 11-24-2010 at 03:10 PM..

Old 11-24-2010, 03:11 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I, for one, had nothing against Bristol in the begining until she started on the "haters" crap about her mother and her. (she? ala Jen ) It wasn't "us" who started this whole political garbage about Bristol. Her mother got the ball rolling with her teabaggers playing "dirty tricks". So don't point a tea stained figer where it does not belong.
That's probably the reason when she spoke up it was unbecoming. All of us are influenced by our upbringing, and Bristol is still young. She has lots of life skills to learn and she doesn't have the best teachers, IMHO. I imagine it's difficult always having your mom in your shadow, and one that seems as hard headed and domineering as SP.

Old 11-24-2010, 03:15 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
When they put a girl on the show who has a controversial political parent, then that blurs the line between dancing and politics, in my opinion. Maybe if it hadn't been an election year it would have been different but it's an unrealistic expectation that politics aren't going to be part of the discussion of this season's show. Entertainment and sports celebrities don't have the same undertones of serious and often clashing values like political figures. I hope the producers never try to mix politics---how ever remote the family member---and entertainment again.
You're probably right, and that's where her mom should have been a mom and given some sound advice and coaching. SP could have advised Bristol to say "hey, my mom isn't on this stage. I am, and this competion isn't about my mom; it's about my ability and performance. Please leave my mom out of this. It's about me, not her." Anyway, if she were my daughter........that's what I would have advised.

Old 11-24-2010, 04:12 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,168,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Just like posting when you cannot spell properly seems ridiculous.

Most are saying, not that she cannot dance or has not improved; but, fairly, she should have been voted off at least 3 or 4 weeks ago. She moves clumsily, even now.

The kid tries hard and would have gotten a lot of 'attaboys' had she at least done the honorable thing and told people to stop voting for her because she KNOWS she is not as good and hurting other people by those voting to keep her on. She cannot be so clueless and self-involved as to think she is better than those others, at lease I hope not.
Thank you kind spelling Czar (always need one on every forum) Do you really think ABC would expect her to ask the public NOT to vote? I think she was aware she wasn't the best but had she quit then all the people dissing her would have called her a quitter. She couldn't win either way. It is a dancing show I watch but do not vote. I think some were way over the top with nasty remarks about a young girl. I bet some of you have chubby kids at home and would be horrified to hear them talked about in this manner. Good for S. Palin staying away last night. She still got dissed for not being there but again had she been there she would have been dissed. No win situation IMO. AND for the record..I don't support Sarah Palin and don't want her in office HOWEVER I think bullying anyone's child is just plain mean but then there is another thread on bullying.

Old 11-24-2010, 06:06 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,796,829 times
omg.........I am so glad this horrible season of DWTS is over.
Think we may need clarification on what the term "star" means though.
NO MORE POLITICS on this show!! Please. No politician(or their offspring) is a star.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV