Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2010, 11:02 AM

107 posts, read 288,934 times

Advertisements

(New Jersey) I made a thread last week about an error message I recieved when I tried to log into njuifile.net. It said:

Your claim cannot be processed online. Please file your claim by telephone.
Instructions, and the number to call are printed on your "Claim for Benefits" form.

instead of calling I contacted someone I know at unemployment and they looked into my account and saw no issues that were appearant. They put my claim through no problem and got the direct deposit a few days later as usual.

This is where it gets interesting. I got two stubs, one showed my current Tier III stub, the other was a stub you get when you first file a new claim and gives you, your first call in date. I figured it was an error since I got my normal stub too. Well the day after that I get that monetary determination stub you get when you open a new claim. The problem is I never opened a new claim, nor did I work enough since my initial claim date of 7/19/2009 (keep in mind at my BYE, i recertified my claim on 7/19/2010). So I went to the unemployment office to get it straightened out and they said the determination stub is just an update? She pulled my account up and said im still on my 2009 claim.

If there were any issues on my account, like it being on hold or any administrative messages, they would have saw that when A) they put my claim through and B)pulled my account up to make sure I was on the right claim...right?

The only issue I can think that I may have had was my call in date. I got reamed out several weeks ago that I was not calling in the right date. I was calling in every thursday like my stub said to. The agent said no, you should be claiming every tuesday and she told me to start claiming on tuesdays. Well fast forward to this week, my contact said no I should calling in on the day it says on my stub. Could that have caused an issue as well? I just dont want to go through a hassle come next week when I go to claim again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 02:17 PM

3,814 posts, read 11,978,427 times
Unless your friend who processed your claim overlooked a flag on your account in the system, the difficulty probably lies in filing on a non-scheduled date.

As it moves to cut expenses, New Jersey UI is tightening up on the people who are claiming benefits on days to which they have not been assigned.

The call-in days are spread throughout the week to expedite processing of payments, but an increasing number of people are calling in earlier in their assigned week rather than later -- or even calling in every week instead of every other week. That puts more pressure on the system and costs NJ money as it is paying out benefits at a rate faster than scheduled.

In NJ's UI system, individuals are scheduled to be paid every two weeks -- payment of regular benefits is scheduled to be processed early in the week; payment of extensions is scheduled to be processed later in the week.

You probably had a problem because of calling in on a non-scheduled date.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:26 PM

107 posts, read 288,934 times
thank you diorgirl. I figured that had to be the issue. Both my contact and another Agent at the actual office told me everything should be fine. The problem is you get varying answers and recommendations from agent to agent. I never self willingly filed 2 days early until I was told by an agent that my paperwork was wrong. So I will make sure to just follow the paper.

Old 10-18-2010, 04:34 PM

3,814 posts, read 11,978,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristateelectrician View Post
thank you diorgirl. I figured that had to be the issue. Both my contact and another Agent at the actual office told me everything should be fine. The problem is you get varying answers and recommendations from agent to agent. I never self willingly filed 2 days early until I was told by an agent that my paperwork was wrong. So I will make sure to just follow the paper.
Absolutely true -- and very frustrating!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment