Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 11:51 AM

2 posts, read 4,286 times

Advertisements

Question: I normally complete my claim via Web-Cert while I still receive the printed claim forms bi-weekly. Last week I receive a printed claim form with box marked "X" on question 3 requiring a work-search record to be filled out in the back. Should I continue to complete my claim via Web-Cert and not have to fill out my work-search record (which I have and always available), or should I fill out the printed claim form with the work-search record and mail the form instead? I am afraid that if I don't mail in the printed version with the work-search record, that EDD will deny my claim. Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 11:42 AM

4 posts, read 11,300 times
You need to call them. I marked two boxes the end of Feb and had to re-fill out the form.

Old 09-08-2013, 12:21 PM

1 posts, read 2,126 times
hello, could somebody Please help me about answer of this question on EDD ONLINE , i m confused BOUT IT!
Question is o you have a training form from an Apprentice Training Provider to submit to EDD?

Old 05-09-2014, 08:04 AM

1 posts, read 1,737 times
I have a 2 general questions. 1. Say if a person is laid from his job who receives a military pension prior to him getting laid off, is he or she still eligible for unemployment benefits? Second question, what if during receiving UI benefits he or she received a pension check from the government and he answered yes on question one EDD Web-Cert "Did you receive any money other than wages (such as vacation, holiday, pension, etc) from any employer during the dates listed above?"* during that particular period does that disqualify him or her from receiving benefits during that period or does it disqualifies him or her from receiving UI benefits ever??

Old 05-09-2014, 10:52 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,061,750 times
Is the entity that's paying the pension the one that let you go?

Old 09-11-2014, 12:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,554 times
OK THIS IS MY FIRST TIME ON UNEMPLOYMENT AND ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS.. THIS IS THE SECOND TIME IM GONNA RECEIVE PAYMENT, I SENT MY FORM OUT SUNDAY NIGHT THE 7th...... its already thursday, does it always come like clock work on the following friday? or does it come on different days?

Old 09-11-2014, 01:59 PM

They process the paper forms when they feel like it, so it comes whenever they get around to it. Unless you have to use paper, you should save the postage and use web or telecert. When you do those on Sundays, claimants consistently report the money comes Tuesday morning or earlier.

Old 10-30-2014, 05:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,493 times
Hi i have just filed unemployment and I received a notice that my claim starts October 5, 2014 to October 3, 2015, Now I have mailed my first continued claim form with the inclusive date of October 5-11, 2014 and the second week is October 12-18, 2014. My last paid workind day was on the 10th of October, Now when i received EDD reply notice, my first was not paid because I am still employed then which I understand, but the 2nd week was not also paid because their reason was it was use as a waiting time. This is my first question, what does EDD mean by tat "waiting time".

Next scenario is my claim form was dated must be mail on Ocotber 19, 2014 which is sunday, So I mail it on the 18th which the ending of the 2nd week. This is my second question. Did I mail my claim on the right time? and everytime I received the continued claim form, should I always mail it on the exact last day of the 2nd week? or it can be mail earlier? because the 2nd claim form that I received there wasn't a date written there when should i mail it, not just the first claim form that i received that there was a date when to mail it. Is there anyone who could help me and know the answers to my questions.

Old 10-30-2014, 05:54 PM

EDD doesn't pay for the first week you are on unemployment. That is the waiting time, but it's more officially called the "waiting week."

If your claim is mailed so early as it gets there before the end of the period, it causes nothing but problems. You want to make sure it gets there no sooner than the day after the period it was for.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:09 PM

25,576 posts, read 56,455,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tirenarjohn View Post
what does EDD mean by tat "waiting time".
Most states impose a waiting week - CA calls it a waiting period - i.e., the first week of eligibility for benefits goes unpaid.

Did CA send you a handbook? Page 13 clearly discusses this issue. Download and read:

http://www.edd.ca.gov/pdf_pub_ctr/de1275a.pdf

Waiting period is also discussed on CA's website, here:

Quote:
Individuals should apply for benefits as soon as they are unemployed, or working less than full-time. All claims are effective on the Sunday prior to applying for benefits, and have a one week unpaid waiting period. The waiting period does not begin until the claim is filed.

FAQ - Eligibility
Familiarize yourself with the EDD website. It is one of the best in the country.

Quote:
Next scenario is my claim form was dated must be mail on Ocotber 19, 2014 which is sunday, So I mail it on the 18th which the ending of the 2nd week.

This is my second question. Did I mail my claim on the right time?
No. You mailed it too early. The benefit week ENDS on the 18th. You are certifying that through midnight of the 18th you were not offered work, were Able and Available, etc. You cannot with certainty answer any of those things until the day is over.

The form should be mailed no earlier than the day AFTER the end of the benefit week. CA may have issues with this early mailing and ask you to resubmit the claim forms. Only time will tell.

Quote:
and everytime I received the continued claim form, should I always mail it on the exact last day of the 2nd week?
No. You mail it the day AFTER the end of the 2nd week.

Quote:
or it can be mail earlier?
No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment