Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 03:45 PM

45 posts, read 69,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chyvan View Post
I can tell you right now it said a whole lot more than that.

My denial was:

"Voluntarily left employment ARS 23-775.1, AAC R6-3-50450.C, H.

You quit your job because you objected to working part time or a reduced number of hours per week. Since you were not restricted from seeking full-time work during your off-duty hours, your leaving is considered a voluntary quit without good cause in connection with the employment."

From that I was able to look up the law and regulations that were used against me. I was able to prove that the reduction in hours had nothing to do with why I quit. I quit because I lost my full-time benefits that were worth a good chunk of change, and that this needed to be adjudicated as a substantial change in the employment arrangement.

All the words in those decisions have meaning when you are trying to get UI benefits.

If you want to think this is nothing more than your employer saying, "you quit," then go ahead and take that approach. If you want to show medical evidence, you might find that your quit was with good cause, and then get a new denial based on not having clearance to return to work and being judged not "able & available."
I just posted it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2013, 07:04 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,079,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jo0rdany3 View Post
You were on a medical leave and you provided a doctorsnote that you were excused from work untill 08/05/13 , you had to returm to work the following day and failed to return to work . Your failure to return to work when the doctor realeased you constitues a voluntary leaving of work . You left your job without good cause attributable to the work . You are disqualified for benefits .

R.S. 43:21-5 disqualification for benefits .
This decision as written doesn't necessarily mean that your employer is saying anything to the UI people that you quit. If you received additional information with your hearing packet or went to view the file, only then can you be sure if your employer is putting up much of a fight.

You were denied because you failed to return to work on 8/5. Look through the medical stuff that you sent in. Is it remotely possible that one of those pieces of paper had a return to work date of 8/5? The deputies don't allows do a great job of reading the stuff so they take stuff out of context.

All you need to prove at your hearing is that you were NOT cleared by your doctor to return until a later date. Your first post has a date as late as 8/15 in it. The next thing you have to prove is that you actually TRIED to go back to work, and the employer didn't let you. If you called from a cellphone, you can use your bill that includes 8/15 to show any calls to your employer that at a minimum, you were in contact with the employer.

Old 12-20-2013, 07:11 PM

15 posts, read 20,986 times
Quote:
Can you not understand ? It is very clear what i wrote
Great attitude from someone asking for help, no wonder you got fired.

Old 12-20-2013, 07:15 PM

Yes the problem is i have a prepaid cell phone and they do not have that as an option & yes i.do.have the.doctor note stating i wasnt cleared till a later date i was still calling and and never got a.response from.him

Old 12-20-2013, 07:21 PM

The problem won't be the later date if you have a doctor's note. You need to be able to prove that you called with a bill, an email, or if the employer admits that you contacted them. Your attempt to return to work is pretty much the only thing you have working against you.

Old 12-20-2013, 07:33 PM

Yes i know but how can.i prove that if i am unable to acess that information i.called multiple time.i.left.messages never.returned.none.of.my calls when i.reached to.a.coworker he.told.me.that my supervisor had.told.him.that i.had.quit.my job i also have him.as a whitness

Old 12-20-2013, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleah P View Post
Great attitude from someone asking for help, no wonder you got fired.
Thanks your such a doll :-*

Old 12-20-2013, 07:52 PM

The coworker might be adequate, but the part about "my supervisor told him I quit," is hearsay. The real testimony from your coworker that you want is that "jo0rdany3 called me to find out why calls to return to work weren't being returned." Also, it would be helpful if the coworker could testify that this call took place reasonably close to 8/15, or whatever date that coincides with when you were cleared to return.

I really hope you won't be doing stuff like:

Quote:
Thanks your such a doll :-*
or

Quote:
Can you not understand ? It is very clear what i wrote
at your hearing. It won't go over very well.

Old 12-20-2013, 07:58 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,787,311 times
Quote:
Yes the problem is i have a prepaid cell phone and they do not have that as an option & yes i.do.have the.doctor note stating i wasnt cleared till a later date i was still calling and and never got a.response from.him
I also have a "Pre-paid" cell phone (Verizon) and I can tell you date, time and who I called at anytime. Who is your provider and what type of phone do you have?

I have a Samsung Intensity III I go to main menu, look at the 9 options I select "Recent Calls" and then there's "Missed" "Dialed" and "Received" (There's also "All" and "Timers")

Old 12-20-2013, 08:06 PM

These calls would be from back in August. Does your phone go back that far?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment