Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 09:03 PM

160 posts, read 530,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blromious View Post
Please forgive me if I made a mistake but the letter states that you must submit work search evidence, at least two employers per week on two different days, every time you certify. Now I really need some clarity because I do not wish to be left out before I get started.

2 face to face contacts per week. They don't care about Monster Resume sending.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbreeze22 View Post
I know there was a lot of talk elsewhere about the letter that went out, so I thought it might help some if I posted a summary of mine here. It arrived today. I also hope I don't get in trouble for this (it's clearly a form letter). Good luck to all job seekers!

NOTICE OF STATE EXTENDED BENEFITS [SEB]

On April 21, 2009, state legislation authorizing payment of State Extended Benefits [SEB] was signed into law by the Governor. This law establishes SEB eligibility for individuals who have exhausted all regular Unemployment Insurance [UI] and Emergency Unemployment Compensation [EUC], First and Second Tiers on or after February 15, 2009.

The first payable week is hte claim week beginning May 24, 2009. The weekly benefit will be the same as the WBA allowed on your most recent regular claim... lesser of 80% of total max benefit amount up to 20 weeks, or 20 times the weekly benefit amount.

Eligibility will be determined based on the information provided in a completed SEB application. The online SEB app will be available May 22.

Within 28 days you will receive a determination. You may certify beginning May 31, 2009 for the first payable week.

AVAILABILITY AND WORK SEARCH REQUIREMENTS FOR SEB ARE MORE STRINGENT THAN FOR OTHER UI PROGRAMS.
(This paragraph basically continues to say you must submit work search evidence, at least 2 employers per week on two different days, every time you certify).

Being enrolled in IAA (trade adjustment assistance) training or GDOL approved training programs excludes you from work search requirements.

Hope this helps somebody.
So, you have to exhaust tier 2, reapply, then wait a month???

Old 05-12-2009, 09:24 PM

2,365 posts, read 11,126,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ne georgia View Post
So, you have to exhaust tier 2, reapply, then wait a month???

Yes, 28 days or less.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gea12345 View Post
Yes, 28 days or less.

My question is, what has changed from our original claim for UI, and acceptance to the new claim for EB ? Have they changed the requirements, what will take them a month to investigate?

Old 05-13-2009, 09:33 AM

Quote:
My question is, what has changed from our original claim for UI, and acceptance to the new claim for EB ? Have they changed the requirements, what will take them a month to investigate?

Well, the transition from Reg. UC to EUC is supposedly done after a brief review and suppoedly they will review your claim without asking further informaiton from you. I read that you are not supposed to call, and that they will redetermine you automatically.!!

At least that is what I read!! I now am told by a U.C. rep. that Oh Nooooo, acually we are going to redetermine you and you have to file a whole new claim and be denied or be accepted and then we will give you EUC. AND THEY DON'T KNOW HOW LONG IT IS GOING TO TAKE!! I just found this out!! Which is TOTALLLY different then what their site says or their voice mail used to say!!

They just keep changing things!! And then act as if you are the one misunderstanding.

Regarding the Transition from EUC to EB, I have read that they will review your claim to see if you are eligible for a new claim, i.e. you have worked part-time or temporarily causing you to have earned enough for a new claim. Then they will want you to provide them with weekly summaries of your weekly job searches. Then they will make you mail in your claim rather than filing it online! All of this takes time!! Also, you will be expected to take ANY job, paying minimum wage or above, which is different from their 80 percent rule for Reg. U.C or EUC!!

Mailing is always slower than filing over the internet! Second they have to take more TIME reviewing your job searches, etc, etc...

hope this helps

Last edited by gea12345; 05-13-2009 at 10:08 AM..

Old 05-13-2009, 05:00 PM

461 posts, read 944,961 times
Quote:
Well, the transition from Reg. UC to EUC is supposedly done after a brief review and suppoedly they will review your claim without asking further informaiton from you. I read that you are not supposed to call, and that they will redetermine you automatically.!!

At least that is what I read!! I now am told by a U.C. rep. that Oh Nooooo, acually we are going to redetermine you and you have to file a whole new claim and be denied or be accepted and then we will give you EUC. AND THEY DON'T KNOW HOW LONG IT IS GOING TO TAKE!! I just found this out!! Which is TOTALLLY different then what their site says or their voice mail used to say!!

They just keep changing things!! And then act as if you are the one misunderstanding.

Regarding the Transition from EUC to EB, I have read that they will review your claim to see if you are eligible for a new claim, i.e. you have worked part-time or temporarily causing you to have earned enough for a new claim. Then they will want you to provide them with weekly summaries of your weekly job searches. Then they will make you mail in your claim rather than filing it online! All of this takes time!! Also, you will be expected to take ANY job, paying minimum wage or above, which is different from their 80 percent rule for Reg. U.C or EUC!!

Mailing is always slower than filing over the internet! Second they have to take more TIME reviewing your job searches, etc, etc...

hope this helps
I received my letter and here is what it say's.
Eligibility wil be determined based on the information provided in a completed SEB application. It is not necessary to call or to report to a Georgia Department of Labor Career center to apply.The online application will be available May 22,2009 through the website. Within 28 days you will receive a determination advising you of the amount of your benefit. You must certify weekly for SEB either by internet or by phone (oliver system) You may certify beginning May 31, 2009 for the first payable week. Use the same pin you used previously to certify. You are strongly encouraged to claim weekly benefits by Internet and to enroll in direct deposit. These are the fastest methods of claiming and receiving your benefits.
Availability and work search requirments for seb are more stringent than other UI programs. Records of work search are required each week you certify. Suitable work is work that pays more than your weekly benefit amount and pays not less than minium wage. You must contact 2 different potential employers on two different days during the week. Maintain a weekly record of your work search efforts, which is subject to audit by GDOL. Failure to provide work search information upon request may result in delay, denial, or repayment of benefits.

First payable week is week beginning May 24,2009 to be claimed on May 31,2009.
How they determine your claim is based on your original claim. Say your original claim was established for 20 weeks. The MBA amount was 4000.00 dollars. Your seb amount would be 80% of 4000.00 which is 3200.00 divided by 20 weeks. Your weekly amount would be 200.00 for 16 weeks.

Then they will make you mail in your claim rather than filing it online! All of this takes time!! Also, you will be expected to take ANY job, paying minimum wage or above, which is different from their 80 percent rule for Reg. U.C or EUC!! This is completely untrue according to the paper I received. You do it the same way you have always done it and if they want to see your job search record you go in when they tell you to come with them.

As far as the letter you receive stating your amount, I always received my money before I received a letter.
I hope this helps everyone...

Old 05-13-2009, 05:41 PM

Wrong:

Q. What work must I apply for and accept?
A. If you don’t expect to find work in your customary occupation within four weeks, don’t have a definite offer of employment in your customary occupation with a specific starting date, and don’t have a specific recall date from your employer, you must apply for and accept any work that is within your capabilities if: (1) the work pays at least the higher of the state or federal minimum wage; (2) the work pays more than your EB weekly benefit amount plus the amount of any Supplemental Unemployment Benefits you receive; and (3) the work is listed with the PA CareerLink or offered to you in writing by the employer. If you reasonably expect to find work in your customary occupation within four weeks, have a definite offer of employment in your customary occupation with a specific starting date, or have a specific recall date from your employer, you must apply for and accept work that is suitable for claimants receiving regular UC

L&I: Extended Benefits (EB) FAQ's

Secondly, you are talking tra**, since from your fellow citizens are saying YOUR STATE HAS NOT ACCEPTED THE TRIGGER AND DON'T HAVE "E.B." ONLY REG. U.C. AND EUC!! BUT NOT E.B. WHICH WAS THE POSTERS CONCERN!

04-15-2009, 02:43 AM
[SIZE=5]lynx290[/SIZE]
befriend
16 posts, read 18,068 times

The Ga House and GA Senate changed the law (HB 581) so that GA could receive the Federal benefits that US Congress approved. They set it up in the law that we are to receive the benefits before May 25. However the Governor has to sign before it becomes law. The Governor has been silent and has not signed, as far as I know. However he does not have to sign. After 40 days, on May 13, it becomes law without his signature. He could veto, but it does not look like he will, considering the House and the Senate approved it unanimously. Someone posted that they talked to the Governors office and that everything was ready and that we are waiting on the GADOL to get everything setup. Every state has setup different rules. One of them being when your benefits ran out could make you not eligible. I have seen all different cut off dates during February and March. However, GA has not release ANY information as of today.

BUT THAT IS AS MUCH AS I KNOW. I AM TRYING TO FIND OUT MORE, BUT IT HAS BEEN DIFFICULT. THERE NOTHING IN THE NEWS, OR ON THE INTERNET, AND EMPLOYEES AT GADOL HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S HAPPENING.

PLEASE POST ANY NEW INFORMATION YOU CAN OBTAIN!!!!!!

[SIZE=5]h[/SIZE]

cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanaskye07 View Post
I

Then they will make you mail in your claim rather than filing it online! All of this takes time!! Also, you will be expected to take ANY job, paying minimum wage or above, which is different from their 80 percent rule for Reg. U.C or EUC!!

Last edited by gea12345; 05-13-2009 at 05:59 PM..

Old 05-13-2009, 05:44 PM

Hello all and sundry,

If you, people from i don't know where dont' appreciate the research which is always linked to a government source or an alternate source, dont' appreciate my help! I will stop helping! Since i really don't give two toots what happens in georgia, michigan or new york!

good luck!

PS. yes i am correct about the 1) minimum wage requirment, 2) the mailing in your summaries, the mailing of your claim, etc!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3) but i am wrong about the 10 job searches per week, i.e. 2 per day!! It is only 2 per week!!

good luck!

Last edited by gea12345; 05-13-2009 at 06:06 PM..

Old 05-13-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Hello all and sundry,

If you, people from i don't know where dont' appreciate the research which is always linked to a government source or an alternate source, dont' appreciate my help! I will stop helping! Since i really don't give two toots what happens in georgia, michigan or new york!

good luck!

PS. yes i am correct about the 1) minimum wage requirment, 2) the mailing in your summaries, the mailing of your claim, etc!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3) but i am wrong about the 10 job searches per week, i.e. 2 per day!! It is only 2 per week!!

good luck!
Thanks, I appreciate your research, but are you quoting the letter sent out by the Ga. DOL, or from another state?
Montanaskye07 is quoting the Ga.DOL letter sent out on the 8th.

Old 05-13-2009, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Thanks, I appreciate your research, but are you quoting the letter sent out by the Ga. DOL, or from another state?

The letter you received you put on here, several days ago!

However it is not in effect yet!! As one of your Georgia posters points
out in their cry for help!! And which i pasted above.!

The link i placed was my Pennsylvania link which details E.B. since We already have E.B. and it answers the question about mailing, your cliam, mailing your job summaries and no online claims! These are my only points.

Now if GA decides to do it differently, so be it, but based on the states I have read, they are MAKING people file by mail, which is a lot longer then filing through the internet... ;-))

Also, the minimum wage requirement is also important! since E.B. is coming from the Federal Government, not the individual states.

good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment