Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2010, 09:05 PM

208 posts, read 552,357 times

Advertisements

i think byrd should have voted even though he's dead
lotsa of dead people have voted for politicians in the past
so why not the reverse

Old 06-30-2010, 09:11 PM

107 posts, read 159,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlukas79 View Post
yup, they will immediately put you back ont he Tier you were supposed to be on
can you do eb online or is it only by mail because of having to report what jobs you've applied to?

Old 06-30-2010, 09:19 PM

308 posts, read 680,434 times
Cant Reid call in John Edward the psychic of Crossing Over and have him contact Byrd's spirit to get his yes vote to pass the bill?

Old 06-30-2010, 09:51 PM

12 posts, read 38,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ix3623 View Post
can you do eb online or is it only by mail because of having to report what jobs you've applied to?
You can still claim EB by phone or online. You just have to mail them your job search list the Friday before your suppose to file.

hth

Old 06-30-2010, 09:54 PM

208 posts, read 552,357 times
o.k.
lets try this
on the 4th of july at noon
we all stop and collectively try to
channel the ghosts of former house and senate members
who would have supported us
we are not having much luck with the living ones anyway

Old 06-30-2010, 10:15 PM

138 posts, read 348,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjca View Post
So you're saying that most likely, I'm probably wrong?
No, I am saying the words "most likely" and "probably" have been used for months and every time it gets shot down. They mean as much as "it might pass" or "maybe it will pass" or "you might get laid tonight." We've been waiting on "it should pass because how could they let all the unemployed suffer for so long" for 6 months. Obviously to those who vote it all means nothing. PLUS the tune of many are changing slowly .... even some dems so by the next time it MAY go through or PROBABLY SHOULD go through 2 more YES votes can just as easily become no votes.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:50 PM

613 posts, read 960,947 times
How did Leiberman vote? If he voted yes then he was 58 and Reid would make 59 cause he voted no. So with Byrd's replacement that would make it 60?

Old 06-30-2010, 11:10 PM

377 posts, read 589,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDriver33 View Post
How did Leiberman vote? If he voted yes then he was 58 and Reid would make 59 cause he voted no. So with Byrd's replacement that would make it 60?
That's the plan. I bet Byrd's replacement is already picked and ready to go.

Until then, they are 1 vote short.

Old 06-30-2010, 11:42 PM

776 posts, read 1,684,792 times
So, what is the reason (besides Byrd's service) that the Senate can't work on this tomorrow? So they can skip town and leave early for their 11 day break?

Someone remind me again...these vultures in Washington, they're still supposed to work for us, right? That didn't change.......right?

They're like really bad college fratboys just itchin to get out to Daytona for Spring Break. Get all drunk and wasted with their parent's (taxpayer's) money...blow off a few professors yellin, "WOOOOOO!!! SPRING BREAK BABY!!!! YEAAAAAHHH!!!"

Being a Senator or Representative should be the most difficult job in America. It should be a job where they actually fear the American people...not treat them like game pieces in a game of political power. It should be a job where you're held accountable for your actions...whether you lie, cheat, steal, or break the law...you will need to answer to and pay for your actions. It should be a job with limits...term limits, that is. I think our congressmen and women are way too comfortable where they're at right now and they get away with way too much. Something will need to change. And I'm sure we could just replace a good percentage of them...but look at who you're electing in their place...the same damn people. It just sickens me how these people of power treat the ones they're supposed to represent.

I'm sure majority in this country have sympathy for the unemployed. Sure, there is abuse out there and I'd love to develop a way of stopping it, because those individuals are making us ALL look bad to the general working public. But I think people understand that cutting benefits to millions will ultimately bury this country. So, deep down, I know something will eventually get passed. But, it didn't have to come to this. The republicans made it clear from the start that they didn't want to tack on more debt. They weren't voting for it. Pull it from somewhere else, like the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act of 2009 (AKA stimulus) which still has billions of dollars just waiting to be spent. But Harry Reid has refused to budge, all the while blaming it solely on the Republicans. Now, he'll end up getting the votes he wanted when Byrd's replacement is sworn in...but he has also driven the benefit-less unemployed through the mud along the way.

This is all rather sickening.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:16 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,844,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDriver33 View Post
If Nelson voted for his constituents WITH the dems they wouldn't need Republican votes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment