Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2010, 09:29 PM

3,814 posts, read 11,976,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterEd View Post
You lost me there. I am in NJ. My last week of TIER 3 was week ending June 26th. I know I can't go on TIER 4 (yet).

I just got a letter today (after getting my last TIER 3 deposit in my bank) that I am now on EB and should file my first claim next Wednesday for EB.

Am I missing something?

Letter I received is attached:
You just missed the NJ "freeze."

The NJ UI accounts were frozen only for those who exhausted regular benefits or a Tier shortly after the last eligibility cut-off dates at the end of May. So by the time you exhausted Tier III, a decision had been made to "unfreeze" those accounts and not to freeze any additional accounts.

Last edited by diorgirl; 07-01-2010 at 09:39 PM..

Old 07-01-2010, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterEd View Post
Two strange things I have discovered about the NJ Unemployment internet filing:

#1) After my initial 26 weeks I was told I had to file on WEDNESDAYs for my EUC claims.
I have been filing on MONDAYs for the last year with no problem (I honestly never noticed the date on the form so I kept on filing on Mondays every 2 weeks).
They generally change the day you file when you shift from regular benefits to EUC Tiers -- just because the payments come from two separate funding accounts (one for regular benefits, the other for federal benefits), and they try to consolidate the processing for the different accounts on different days. But in NJ, the day you file really does not affect your payment.

Quote:
#2) They said I had to file every 2 weeks as per the form I got in the mail.
Once I was on the EUC tiers I have had no problem filing every WEEK rather than every 2 weeks. I would do that on occassion if I need the bucks in the bank sooner. Always worked.

Maybe the above is because I file online and not via phone?
Technically, the NJ UI system will accept weekly filing, but UI schedules people to file every two weeks so they can stagger processing the payments -- half the people file one week, the other half file the next week, etc.

The only time either of these activities is an issue can be when you speak to a rep about your account for something, they review the activity, and they notice your filing pattern is different than instructed. They can ask you why you ignored the instructions, and they can advise you that in the future you have to comply.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:43 PM

870 posts, read 1,405,385 times
Default Eb

I keep hearing about EB being given after the exhausting of all TIERS. I am not getting whether this is 'another' round of EB or is this the same round of EB that came before TIER III and TIER IV and was interrupted and held so that TIER III and IV could be given out, then after those TIERS were done EB was resumed. I had finished my EB before TIER III started so there was no interruption to that round of EB. Was there another round that followed after my TIERS had been done?

Old 07-01-2010, 09:48 PM

186 posts, read 365,587 times
diorgirl,..when i go to eb now, and then the bill passes in 2 weeks, do they immediately put me back to the tiers automatically?..or do i have to call for them to switch it? and with eb..which i should get shortly,..how does it work? can i do it by computer? do i have to mail the job searches form back or can i do it online?

Old 07-01-2010, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms1234 View Post
diorgirl,..when i go to eb now, and then the bill passes in 2 weeks, do they immediately put me back to the tiers automatically?..or do i have to call for them to switch it? and with eb..which i should get shortly,..how does it work? can i do it by computer? do i have to mail the job searches form back or can i do it online?
Are you in NJ and collecting EB during a break in Tier benefits?

If so, when the Tiers are reinstated, NJ automatically transfers you from EB back to the Tier system. After you exhaust the available Tiers, you are then allowed to collect any EB benefits you may have remaining -- provided NJ still offers EB at that later time.

For EB, you get a tan version of the blue form you have been receiving for your regular and Tier payments.

EB has two steps for certification every two weeks:
(1) The tan EB form has a section on the top in which you must enter information about six different job contacts you made (three in each of the previous two weeks). You enter the info, detach the strip, and mail it to the DOL address provided on the form.

(2) Then you certify for payment -- on line or by telephone -- as usual.

Shortly, you should receive detailed EB instructions about how to file this job search info and how to certify.

Old 07-01-2010, 10:04 PM

208 posts, read 552,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYUI View Post
WHO ARE YOU DIORGIRL??! YOU ARE SO WELL READ WELL SPOKEN AND WELL INFORMED??!

Are you a lawyer or congressman!? Are you unemployed? Just speaks of the dire circumstances of our economy when millions of bright and hardworking americans are out of work.
i, for one, love diorgirl
she's the maidel who spins my driedel

Old 07-01-2010, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diorgirl View Post
Are you in NJ and collecting EB during a break in Tier benefits?

If so, when the Tiers are reinstated, NJ automatically transfers you from EB back to the Tier system. After you exhaust the available Tiers, you are then allowed to collect any EB benefits you may have remaining -- provided NJ still offers EB at that later time.

For EB, you get a tan version of the blue form you have been receiving for your regular and Tier payments.

EB has two steps for certification every two weeks:
(1) The tan EB form has a section on the top in which you must enter information about six different job contacts you made (three in each of the previous two weeks). You enter the info, detach the strip, and mail it to the DOL address provided on the form.

(2) Then you certify for payment -- on line or by telephone -- as usual.

Shortly, you should receive detailed EB instructions about how to file this job search info and how to certify.
thank you diorgirl. i just claimed for my last check in tier 1 this morning...so i should get eb soon. i'm in nj..so basically i mail back the form with the jobs i looked for and then claim online immediately after i mail it? do i have to wait for them to check the job applications i sent out or do i get the money right when i claim? i mean is it just for them to have the jobs i applied for on record,..or do i have to wait until they call the jobs to see if i applied before i get the money? thanks again in advance

Old 07-01-2010, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodywantsme View Post
i, for one, love diorgirl
she's the maidel who spins my driedel
Mazel tov!

Old 07-01-2010, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms1234 View Post
thank you diorgirl. i just claimed for my last check in tier 1 this morning...so i should get eb soon. i'm in nj..so basically i mail back the form with the jobs i looked for and then claim online immediately after i mail it? do i have to wait for them to check the job applications i sent out or do i get the money right when i claim? i mean is it just for them to have the jobs i applied for on record,..or do i have to wait until they call the jobs to see if i applied before i get the money? thanks again in advance
You mail the jobs section the Friday before the week you claim online. Then you just claim online (or by telephone) on the date they specify on the form -- just like you did with regular benefits and the Tiers.

Payment of your EB benefits is triggered by your certification on line or by telephone -- not by the completed forms.

The forms are entered into your record when they are received by UI -- and if no form is received or if something is amiss, UI will contact you after your benefits are paid for those weeks.

Old 07-01-2010, 10:18 PM

thanks diorgirl..you're the best
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment