Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2010, 12:49 PM

7,076 posts, read 12,347,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvXci9HyCCg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KNCwUywFxA

Last edited by urbancharlotte; 10-14-2010 at 01:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 12:53 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,682,607 times
Yes, perspective can mean everything when interpreting photos. Take a look at this photo of a fossil skull taken on Mars. Images that NASA's Mars Exploration Rover Opportunity took at the end of an 81-meter (266-foot) drive on Sept. 16 reveal a dark rock about 31 meters (102 feet) away. The rover's science team decided to go get a closer look at the toaster-sized rock and determine whether it is an iron meteorite...or perhaps the fossilized skull of a bird:

Looks damned convincing, right? Well, when Opportunity took a closer look, this is what the rock actually looks like:

There you go, definitive proof that it was a Martian bird skull! Like we said, perspective can be everything.

Old 10-14-2010, 01:03 PM

7,076 posts, read 12,347,323 times
1 We can't see the pics (at least I can't)
2 NASA and the government lies to the public about all alien evidence

How do I know #2 is true? Ex-NASA employees (like Dr. Edgar Mitchell) told us so (and he is NOT alone).

Old 10-14-2010, 01:55 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,669,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
1 We can't see the pics (at least I can't)
2 NASA and the government lies to the public about all alien evidence

How do I know #2 is true? Ex-NASA employees (like Dr. Edgar Mitchell) told us so (and he is NOT alone).
Maybe they are bitter, or have issues with NASA or are just looking for attention. I had an ex coworker that was dismissed and because she didnt get what she wanted, she told all sorts of lies about our boss and some of the coworkers. Just because they say it doesn't make it so.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:16 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,635,320 times

What the hey? That made absolutely no sense at all. How do the vids you posted even remotely relate to my post? (Answer: They don't.) Evidently, you didn't bother reading the JPL page which has to do with carbonates on Mars. Maybe you should think about having a little lie down and take a nap for a while. You'll feel better later on.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:39 PM

There are a lot of symmetrical geological formations, on earth and on the other planets in our system. Australia's Wave Rock for example...it's an alien wall! OMG...

Old 10-14-2010, 02:42 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,669,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
There are a lot of symmetrical geological formations, on earth and on the other planets in our system. Australia's Wave Rock for example...it's an alien wall! OMG...
Dont give them any idea's!! LOL

Old 10-14-2010, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Dont give them any idea's!! LOL
Well, Australia and Aussies are weird. In terms of fauna and geology, they're the red-headed stepchildren of the world. Gotta love 'em.

Old 10-14-2010, 07:06 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native
You do understand that if NASA believed they had found evidence of a structure built by intelligent life on Mars, we would have heard about it in much the same way they say they believe they had discovered evidence of flowing water.
Unfortunately, I do not believe that because there re many things which could have been investigated by NASA, but haven't. They would probably say that it would be a diversion from their objective, but what is more important than finding life in our Solar System?

Quote:
Like everyone else he has an opinion, but it is ONLY an opinion, there is no proof at all, other that lights were captured on tape.
But still it is a UFO, and that *_U_* is a great big U, for UNidentified. Perhaps it is an optical phomeon only, as there is no radar or anything else to corroborate the flying object aspect.
You really need to get over this and move on rather than keep harping back to the UFO letters thing. Unidentified is just a word which is used. It is used so that people cannot moan and say that "it is all speculation" so they are leaving it as "unidentified". What else should they call things which are not able to be identified as military, alien, gas balloons, etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar
And you're still not paying attention! Personally, I would be ECSTATIC if it were proven that intelligent alien life was here on this planet with us. It would be fan-damn-freakin-tastic, hands down. I would like nothing more than to be able to extend my travels to off-planet destinations.
Given their previous modus operandi, aliens generally are not friendly. They have abducted people, killed, cut up things without any compassion or feeling and left them lying around for us to find, and generally behaved like some off-world scientists searching for an antidote to some disease. How do you think they would take you for a scenic trip off world. They would be more likely to do experiments on you or use you as a slave.

NightBazaar: This is really why I posted the links to the originals so that others could examine them and see for themselves what I am talking about. The original picture was only to show the area and anomaly so that it could be found in the original image. I accept that fact that your explanation of bubbles causing tubes over a long time as a possibility. But there is a 'however'... However, this is not an isolated anomaly and there are others which all taken together suggest that sometime in the past or now there was/is a civilisation on Mars.

The photos should be so much better than we are being shown and if they were, we would have more to use as proof that there is actually life on Mars as a lot of people believe.

As I said earlier, I think that a thread on aliens is much more likely to show circumstancial evidence that cannot be so easily dismissed as military hardware which is still secret - as is the case with UFO threads. Inevitably this thread has attracted evidence of alien ships which cannot be verified because they are now gone. At least with physical artifacts we can go back to verify something we see on the ground and take further pictures at different angles, take different composition readings etc and determine if it is alien in origin or natural geological formations.

That is of course if NASA have the will to do this or whether they are content to let us speculate until they are ready to tell us the truth.

Thank you all for your comments and opinions.

Old 10-14-2010, 07:55 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post

You really need to get over this and move on rather than keep harping back to the UFO letters thing. Unidentified is just a word which is used. It is used so that people cannot moan and say that "it is all speculation" so they are leaving it as "unidentified". What else should they call things which are not able to be identified as military, alien, gas balloons, etc?
Really? Are you familiar with the definition of the word unknown? If you don't know with it is, and you don't, then it is a perfect fit.

Quote:
unknown
–adjective
1. not known; not within the range of one's knowledge, experience, or understanding; strange; unfamiliar.
In fact, it is the only accurate word in UFO, as flying is also an adjective:
Quote:
flying
adjective
1. making flight or passing through the air
Being visible above the ground does not mean it is flying.

And some are merely reflections, a.k.a. mirage, thus not objects:
Quote:
object
noun 1. anything that is visible or tangible and is relatively stable in form.

Cliff Notes:
Until we know what it is, it is UNKNOWN, capiche?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal