Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 09:34 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,673,454 times

Advertisements

I have many, but beings it was my oldest son's birthday a couple days ago, I'll share that story.

A little background-
My father was an entomologist, studied insects and even discovered a butterfly. He was 'green' long before 'green' would be used to describe a movement. He saw the destruction of the rainforest and vowed to do something to protect it. And he did. He was also psychic.
My son was born two days before Earthday and his first outing was to the Earthday celebration in our area. We got a three branched Blue Spruce tree for him.
About a year and a half later, my father died.
He never had the chance to meet his only grandchild....
I was pregnant with my second child when my father died.
It's also important to know that my father was a Gemini, the twins.

The Day-
That following April, it was Earthday and a beautiful day. I brought little new born brother out and set him under the shade of the Blue Spruce that was now close to 15 feet tall.
My oldest was playing with his trucks and I started to think about my father and how today was a day he would enjoy. I thought about how sad it was that he did not live to see these boys, and how happy he would be. See, my dad and I had a falling out and we never saw each other ever again....at least not alive.
As I thought about my dad and these boys and how, even with all the hurt and damage my father caused, that I understood him and always forgave him for his actions.

The Signs-
As I sat there, I felt something. I turned around and looked along the meadow over to the ravine where our spring was located. From under the trees came two deer, both bucks with a good sized rack. They walked along the ravine until they were at the same eye level as I was. That is when they stopped and turned to look at me. I was too far away to have made a move or noise that would have caught their attention, besides, I was totally still watching them.
Then they walked off down the hill. At that moment, the tree line at the top of the meadow that went towards the spring suddenly started 'moving'.
From out of the trees came moths by the hundreds. They 'fell' out of the trees, floated down to brush level and then took flight and flew in the direction of the spring.
I understand the natural occurance. I should afterall.
The moths had all emerged from their cocoons early in the morning and had to let the warmth of the day and time to allow their wings to unfold and become stiff. Then they let go and float down and then open their wings for flight.

I knew that my dad was there on some level being the nature person he was.
It was the perfect presentation and confirmation that my father still cared.
It was as if he urged nature to send the twin bucks and moths as a sign to say he sees and hears and is proud.

Moths, by the way, are a symbol of death and transformation....he could have picked butterflies, but the moth was much more appropriate symbolically and he knew I would see it that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 09:43 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
I have many, but beings it was my oldest son's birthday a couple days ago, I'll share that story.

A little background-
My father was an entomologist, studied insects and even discovered a butterfly. He was 'green' long before 'green' would be used to describe a movement. He saw the destruction of the rainforest and vowed to do something to protect it. And he did. He was also psychic.
My son was born two days before Earthday and his first outing was to the Earthday celebration in our area. We got a three branched Blue Spruce tree for him.
About a year and a half later, my father died.
He never had the chance to meet his only grandchild....
I was pregnant with my second child when my father died.
It's also important to know that my father was a Gemini, the twins.

The Day-
That following April, it was Earthday and a beautiful day. I brought little new born brother out and set him under the shade of the Blue Spruce that was now close to 15 feet tall.
My oldest was playing with his trucks and I started to think about my father and how today was a day he would enjoy. I thought about how sad it was that he did not live to see these boys, and how happy he would be. See, my dad and I had a falling out and we never saw each other ever again....at least not alive.
As I thought about my dad and these boys and how, even with all the hurt and damage my father caused, that I understood him and always forgave him for his actions.

The Signs-
As I sat there, I felt something. I turned around and looked along the meadow over to the ravine where our spring was located. From under the trees came two deer, both bucks with a good sized rack. They walked along the ravine until they were at the same eye level as I was. That is when they stopped and turned to look at me. I was too far away to have made a move or noise that would have caught their attention, besides, I was totally still watching them.
Then they walked off down the hill. At that moment, the tree line at the top of the meadow that went towards the spring suddenly started 'moving'.
From out of the trees came moths by the hundreds. They 'fell' out of the trees, floated down to brush level and then took flight and flew in the direction of the spring.
I understand the natural occurance. I should afterall.
The moths had all emerged from their cocoons early in the morning and had to let the warmth of the day and time to allow their wings to unfold and become stiff. Then they let go and float down and then open their wings for flight.

I knew that my dad was there on some level being the nature person he was.
It was the perfect presentation and confirmation that my father still cared.
It was as if he urged nature to send the twin bucks and moths as a sign to say he sees and hears and is proud.

Moths, by the way, are a symbol of death and transformation....he could have picked butterflies, but the moth was much more appropriate symbolically and he knew I would see it that way.
Damn! Your dad knew how to make an "entrance" didn't he?

That was a sad but awesome story.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:44 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,322,318 times
For other paranormal experiences...

When I was little, I used to sleep at my grandparents' house and there were a few occasions where I heard a voice talking to me. It sounded like a man but also like a woman. The voice would talk to me, ask me how I'm doing and tell me how to deal with certain things. After so long, it would tell me good night and I just went to sleep after that. In fact, I do remember telling my mother once that there was someone talking to me at nighttime in the bedroom I slept in. She acted a bit surprised by it and said God was talking to me.

One night, at my old apartment, I woke up in the middle of the night to use the restroom and as I was walking towards the hallways, I heard someone whisper in my ear, "go back." I screamed, turned all the lights on and just watched TV for the rest of the night.

On the day my Grandpa passed away, I was reading his Bible in his office and I heard someone say "hello" to me. It really freaked me out but I think it was my grandpa saying, "hey" to me.

A couple years later, I was laying in bed one afternoon, just watching TV and I saw my bedroom open and close all by itself. At first I thought it was my mother, so I lifted my head up and I didn't see her. So, I looked up further and I didn't see anything at the door then it closed. I got up, checked the hallway and asked my mother if she opened the door and she said she didn't. It was pretty freaky.

The most recent experience I had happened 7 months ago, in September. It was about 3:30 ish in the morning and I had trouble sleeping, so I just laid in bed and looked around my room. When suddenly, I heard a noise coming from my closet and I saw a tall black shadow dart across to my bedroom door. Yes, my room was dark, but you could still see something moving across and it looked a spirit. I don't know what it was but it really scared me.

...I'll add more later on...

Old 04-21-2012, 02:31 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
My nephew, whom I was extremely close to, died just before Thanksgiving this past year. Since then, I've been finding pennies, at least once a day, everwhere - and I never carry cash at all. Everytime I find one something good happens. I've found them in a box with a pair of boots in them in the back of the closet, in the driveway, at the grocery store in one of the aisles. They make me laugh now and I just wonder where I'll find one the next day.

A couple months ago my car started wobbling and then all of a sudden the front driver's side tire came flying off the car and bounced over four lanes of traffic (which was at a red light-thank you) I turned the car hard and it just made it into the driveway just off the road at a gas station and immediately jumped out and ran to get the tire. I was so lucky no one got in an accident. When I got back to the car and opened the door - what did I find? A shiny new penny on the driver's side seat. I remember looking up and saying, "Thank you James."

After I bought the new car I was leaving the dealership building and the minute I opened the door there was another penny right there on the ground. I picked it up and laughed. When I got home I was looking at the paperwork and they had shorted me $500 on my downpayment.

At first I said outloud, "Send me the lottery numbers and not these damn pennies!" But he's sort of giving me the lottery in small increments over time.
I forgot to add a fundamental part of this story that I really wonder about. For his 13th birthday I sent him a Chinese Birthday in a box. Something the whole family could participate in. A part of the gift was a box of fortune cookies in the little carton and I found a gold open clasp fortune cookie on ebay (they use them for engagement rings) and I put 13 cents in the gold clasped on and put it in the bottom of the carton. I told him to find a fountain and make 13 wishes. My brother made the whole thing a father/son day and took him to where he went to college and to an old fountain in the downtown area. He threw the pennis in and they took pictures and my SIL said, "They had the best day together." Is there a connection between those pennies and the fact I keep finding them? My whole life I've always made a wish when I'd find a random penny somewhere. Did the wishes he made for others come true? It's a hmmm kind of thing.

Old 04-21-2012, 03:58 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
I don't know if I would classify this as paranormal or not but it still bugs me.

Around 20 years ago I sold cars for a living. I was selling a guy a car and we were waiting for his wife to show up. She walks in the front door and it was like I felt like I should have known her real well but I simply couldn't place her.

We talked a bit about the car and was sitting around waiting for the person to become available that did the paperwork. I tried not to be obvious but it was really bugging me. It was like we were really good friends but I had no idea where I knew her from.

I finally asked her if I perhaps knew her from somewhere. She said something to the effect of how she was thinking the same thing but didn't want to ask. She was 3-4 years younger than me and we tried to figure out from where but couldn't. I said it was odd because I really felt like I knew her well. She the same. (I figured her husband was wondering also) LOL.

We never did figure it out. A couple years later I ran into someone that had graduated with her and I asked him to get his yearbook out. I looked at her picture and it was like it was someone I had never seen before.

I dunno.

Old 04-21-2012, 06:18 AM

11,151 posts, read 15,836,462 times
When my ancestors emigrated from Germany in the mid-nineteenth century, they brought with them a large wooden clock. Over the generations, it passed from family member to family member, and eventually stopped working.

When my father inherited the clock, he spent many years (and much $$$) to restore it to working condition. He loved that clock and proudly displayed it in his home for many years.

Then, on April 8, 1998, my father died in a small plane accident.

And on that very same day, the clock stopped running.

My stepmother fussed with the clock and was able to get it going again, and it ran normally until April 22, 1998.

My father's birthday.

Old 04-21-2012, 06:33 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,250,958 times
CD needed a forum to talk about dreams and the forum title is perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post

At the end of February I was in just the most awful grief imaginable, to the point of insomnia, depression, etc. I went out to his grave towards the end of the month, I sat and "talked" with him for about 2 hours. As I walked away from the grave, from behind me this warm, gentle and caressing feeling went right through my body, and the grief was gone. Just like that. I kind of think he heard me.
I've had something similar happen throughout my life. Within a few hours from the death of a loved one, I feel a gentle caress right over the top of my head as if their soul is saying the last goodbye. The same thing happened with the death of a beloved cat last month. This time, his spirit is staying with me full and strong and keeping away the depression and despair I was experiencing with his sudden illness and unexplained terminal condition in February. I've always called him the gentlest creature on earth. He's showing me how it's works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Yep. One last dream in that series. She called me a dumbass for not paying attention.

I really miss Marie, she was a unique person.
Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Lady123 View Post
Several family members who have passed on come around in my dreams,especially my dad...he comes around quite a bit and he passed on 10 years ago.
My dad passed away long ago. He was one of those typical hard-working fathers who never said much to their kids. He has arrived in my dreams a few times and each time he was confirming that I had made the right decision about whatever was going on. He never said so but he seemed to think that I had some sort of psychic ability. He died within four months of being diagnosed with cancer. As he lay on his bed with no one in the room but me, he looked at me and said, "Is there anything you can do?" Unfortunately, there was not.

Old 04-21-2012, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Kitty View Post
CD needed a forum to talk about dreams and the forum title is perfect!

I've had something similar happen throughout my life. Within a few hours from the death of a loved one, I feel a gentle caress right over the top of my head as if their soul is saying the last goodbye. The same thing happened with the death of a beloved cat last month. This time, his spirit is staying with me full and strong and keeping away the depression and despair I was experiencing with his sudden illness and unexplained terminal condition in February. I've always called him the gentlest creature on earth. He's showing me how it's works.

Love it!

My dad passed away long ago. He was one of those typical hard-working fathers who never said much to their kids. He has arrived in my dreams a few times and each time he was confirming that I had made the right decision about whatever was going on. He never said so but he seemed to think that I had some sort of psychic ability. He died within four months of being diagnosed with cancer. As he lay on his bed with no one in the room but me, he looked at me and said, "Is there anything you can do?" Unfortunately, there was not.
Are they really dreams or actual visitations on another plane?

I wonder because they always seem so vivid, more so than a regular dream. Well, to me anyway.

Old 04-21-2012, 07:53 AM

1 posts, read 1,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Tell me yours and i'll tell ya mine!
About a few months ago I was heading to d around 11 pm. My fiance said he wanted to finish his show then he would be in.I couldn't have been asleep more than a half an hour before I was woken up abruptly. I open up my eyes and there is a womans face floating in mine very young late teens early twenties. Her hair was short blonde and curly. She had a smile from ear to ear. I didn't feel threatened but it definitely scared the ever living crap out of me. I couldn't scream, all I could do is scramble out of bed and fell flat on my face. It was gone after that. Creepy!

Old 04-21-2012, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
When my ancestors emigrated from Germany in the mid-nineteenth century, they brought with them a large wooden clock. Over the generations, it passed from family member to family member, and eventually stopped working.

When my father inherited the clock, he spent many years (and much $$$) to restore it to working condition. He loved that clock and proudly displayed it in his home for many years.

Then, on April 8, 1998, my father died in a small plane accident.

And on that very same day, the clock stopped running.

My stepmother fussed with the clock and was able to get it going again, and it ran normally until April 22, 1998.

My father's birthday.
It seems, at times, that inanimate objects bond with a particular person.

I make jewelry. I had made a moonstone pendant and every time I was around a certain friend the pendant would fall off. I guess the stone was meant to be hers.

Now, it is.

As for the clock Dark, I think it was just meant to belong to your dad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal