Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 04:39 AM

24,130 posts, read 32,529,961 times

Advertisements

Last night I dreamed that an ex-boyfriend who was in real life a rock singer, but who died of lymphoma in 2002 was asking me to sing a song with him on stage. I am a bad singer. He was uncharacteristically happy and engaging, also encouraging me to sing with him, telling me that I'd be good.

When I opened my mouth to sing I was good! The singing was a pleasure! We harmonized perfectly!

Then I began to cry. He was comforting me and telling me that things would be OK. I felt tears come out in a flood but in the dream it felt good.

My boyfriend was dressed strangely, almost like a clown or a court jester. With red tights and sort of elf shoes. The curtain on the stage was a heavy red velvet. It reminded me of the red velvet curtain in an Edward Hopper painting.

Then he said he had to go. I smelled him. I felt his skin. He gave me some advice about my son who is going away to college in the fall. I don't remember the advice, but I remember it made me feel better.

In real life my son is a fan of his. Also, for the last few weeks I've suffered from laryngitis and I've had difficulty speaking.

I wonder if this was a dream or something else? When I awakened I felt sad and not reassured at all.

I don't think about this man a lot except if I hear one of his songs.
I'm not sure why I found it so disturbing. I would love to sing the way that I did in the dream. And the ex-late-bfs words were kind and encouraging.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2012, 12:51 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,680,797 times
I share a similarity with you on this one. I too have someone I was with that died. I don't think of him too often these days since it has been 12 years. But on a rare occasion he comes to me in my dreams.
The dreams I have with him are different, I can feel him, smell him and just have that feeling that he is beside me.
We have the same dream type. If its the spirit of these loved ones visiting us (intelligent spirit of the individual) or just a connection to thier essence (what we know them to be as individuals) on a subconscious spiritual level, I don't know. The spirit world and the human mind are such mysteries....
Either way, the dream itself you understand for the most part, it was not the typical cryptic dream symbolism that is usual which makes it easy (and also seperates it from normal dreams to suggest that it is a spirit visitation).
The unsettling feelings upon waking that contradict the emotions from the dream I think is just our sadness of the memories as that the dream was not 'real' (in the sense that they are still alive at at our sides).

{{{hug}}}

Old 06-10-2012, 05:24 PM

It's amazing that you have had this experience as well. Well no, perhaps it's not. I was actually wondering if he had come to me in my dream - his actual spirit. Because of the tactile sensations and smells.

I've never known anyone to have this experience. Another thing happened today - I was driving my daughter to her friend's house and when the radio came on the song was his!
OK - he is not that famous but he did recently release a posthumous collection of previously unrecorded songs.

And speaking of Venus, his birthday was May 19th - yet another Taurus. He died on April 15th.

Hugs to you also. It is sad to lose someone early in life, when there was so much more that could have been accomplished. Not many people under 65 or 75 have had this experience. I am in good company.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:12 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,680,797 times
Neat about the song...I think that is confirmation that he's by you in spirit.
Venus is currently in retrograde. Re-trogrades are all the re's; review, revisit, return, reconnect, etc.
She is about joy and pleasures in life, love. She is in Gemini currently, the sign of the twins, the twins are not always genetic, they are sometimes two halves of the whole. And Gemini is about communication. The moon moved into Pisces reciently, both being quite psychic. So I'm not surprised that you got a visit.
My intuition from around the eclipse and Venus transiting has been a bit more acute than normal.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Neat about the song...I think that is confirmation that he's by you in spirit.
Venus is currently in retrograde. Re-trogrades are all the re's; review, revisit, return, reconnect, etc.
She is about joy and pleasures in life, love. She is in Gemini currently, the sign of the twins, the twins are not always genetic, they are sometimes two halves of the whole. And Gemini is about communication. The moon moved into Pisces reciently, both being quite psychic. So I'm not surprised that you got a visit.
My intuition from around the eclipse and Venus transiting has been a bit more acute than normal.
You just gave me chills...In a wonderful way. I would give you rep but CD won't let me for about a thousand years.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:56 PM

32,958 posts, read 36,425,299 times
Not many people under 65 or 75 have had this experience. I am in good company...

I don't follow what you mean. Not many people under 65 or 75 have experienced what exactly?

Old 06-13-2012, 08:33 PM

311 posts, read 467,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
I share a similarity with you on this one. I too have someone I was with that died. I don't think of him too often these days since it has been 12 years. But on a rare occasion he comes to me in my dreams.
The dreams I have with him are different, I can feel him, smell him and just have that feeling that he is beside me.
We have the same dream type. If its the spirit of these loved ones visiting us (intelligent spirit of the individual) or just a connection to thier essence (what we know them to be as individuals) on a subconscious spiritual level, I don't know. The spirit world and the human mind are such mysteries....
Either way, the dream itself you understand for the most part, it was not the typical cryptic dream symbolism that is usual which makes it easy (and also seperates it from normal dreams to suggest that it is a spirit visitation).
The unsettling feelings upon waking that contradict the emotions from the dream I think is just our sadness of the memories as that the dream was not 'real' (in the sense that they are still alive at at our sides).

{{{hug}}}

I don't know why I haven't read this before.....But the same type of thing happed to me. I had a boyfriend from high school. ?!?!? years ago. He died several years later. For MANY years I had dreams of him. one was actually him at my side in my dream, gently pushing me. Like he was watching over me. The last dream I had of him, I too could actually feel him, I put my hand to his face. It was a very emotional dream. It did seem more like a visit than a dream. Glad to know I'm not the ony one with dreams like this!

Old 06-14-2012, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Not many people under 65 or 75 have had this experience. I am in good company...

I don't follow what you mean. Not many people under 65 or 75 have experienced what exactly?
The death of a former boyfriend.

Old 06-14-2012, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower54 View Post
I don't know why I haven't read this before.....But the same type of thing happed to me. I had a boyfriend from high school. ?!?!? years ago. He died several years later. For MANY years I had dreams of him. one was actually him at my side in my dream, gently pushing me. Like he was watching over me. The last dream I had of him, I too could actually feel him, I put my hand to his face. It was a very emotional dream. It did seem more like a visit than a dream. Glad to know I'm not the ony one with dreams like this!
It is so real and uncanny! When I awakened, I missed him even more.

Old 06-14-2012, 03:02 PM

311 posts, read 467,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
It is so real and uncanny! When I awakened, I missed him even more.

This is true, a very strange feeling. You have to wonder, as I said before, are they dreams or visits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal