Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 08:55 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,268,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffon652 View Post
I though exorcisms were for when a person is possessed? I'm not having that problem. Or is there something regarding exorcisms that I'm not aware of?
Speaking as a Catholic, it doesn't necessarily have to be on a person. It can be on objects as well. An exorcism is really to remove demons from something so it may not necessarily remove whatever you have. There are some Catholic priests that won't do it or make you go through sessions with them, almost like counseling, before they will agree to it. Seriously, many Catholic priests have never done an exorcism and may not know how. You honestly might have more luck if you just ask to have your home blessed as opposed to mentioning anything about paranormal activity. Priests and deacons bless homes all the time and I'm sure would be more than happy to do it. This could possibly help as it will sprinkle holy water and bless the home in the name of God. I'm not sure, though, exactly what their policy may be if you aren't Catholic or a member of their Parish. That varies from priest to priest. Good luck to you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2014, 10:33 AM

1,276 posts, read 1,775,271 times
Get your wife the mental health care she needs and deserves. You haven't disclosed many intimate details, but I'm assuming she is having "issues" and she and obviously you are relating those issues to the "supernatural"

As someone who has been around mentally ill people a lot of my life, I can tell you this is dangerous thinking and analysis on your part! She needs professional psycho therapy.

Old 03-26-2014, 12:34 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
Quote:
Does anyone know of any Churches in the South Florida area that specializes in blessing houses that are haunted? I don't need the contacts of groups that investigate the haunting because I have already done that. Anyone with information on this would really be helping me out.

If you even know of a church in another state that specializes please give me their contact information. Because they may know who I can go to for help in S. Florida.
What exactly is happening? There are many different kinds of hauntings and not all are bad, believe it or not.

Old 03-26-2014, 11:19 PM

1,488 posts, read 1,967,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
Get your wife the mental health care she needs and deserves. You haven't disclosed many intimate details, but I'm assuming she is having "issues" and she and obviously you are relating those issues to the "supernatural"

As someone who has been around mentally ill people a lot of my life, I can tell you this is dangerous thinking and analysis on your part! She needs professional psycho therapy.
Wow frankly I'm quite offended by your post. I did not give any indicator that would even hint that she has any mental issues. So I'm very surprised that your so sure in your assumption of mental illness. We are both extremely rational and tried to debunk the activities in a scientific manner before coming to the conclusion that they were paranormal. Please read the next section and you will understand that it has nothing to do with mental illness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
What exactly is happening? There are many different kinds of hauntings and not all are bad, believe it or not.
Here is the long version. My wife's mother used to practice Wicca and Santeria back when my wife was young. Her grandmother is also into this practice (to this day). Because of those practices spirits and paranormal activities were always in their house. My wife is fully Catholic (her mother eventually stopped practicing and converted to Catholicism). However, the haunting of their dwellings NEVER stopped no matter where they moved. I guess once you open that door its hard to close it.

My wife eventually moved away from her parents. Yet, these spirits kept following her. Mind you, she isn't the only one who saw them. If that was the case I would have strongly considered the mental illness as a possibility. Her roommates saw and heard what she saw. She stayed with her best friends family for a one and a half years. Her best friend and the mother saw and heard everything she saw multiple times. Whats interesting is that the spirits/haunting she sees are NOT the same in every house. Meaning she has seen different spirits/had different experiences in every place.

How do we know that these haunting are bad? Its because they are the classic examples of paranormal activities from bad sprites. She has experienced (in all the different places she has lived): Being held down, dark shadows rushing her, random human figures standing around in the house, random animal figures, footsteps when no ones is home, malicious whispering in her ear etc. She won't even tell me about some of the things she has experienced because its so bad.

Now saying all that, all of the above still can be refuted. So let's move on to the specifics regarding my house which has enough deviance to prove that this is indeed paranormal activity. First of all, I have personally NEVER EVER had any paranormal experience before. Second, there has NEVER been anything even remotely suspicious happening in my house before she moved in. After she moved in she started to have paranormal experiences in my house. She tried to ignore them and even tried to find rational reasons why they are happening.

But after a while we decided to contact one of the paranormal investigation groups in our area. First, they came out to look at the house and find some scientific reasons why they think we may be experiencing the activity. However, once they did a 4 hour extensive investigation of our house using their equipment, they confirmed that our house had signs of paranormal activity. They were able to capture sprites responding to their questions on tape. Also, keep in mind that these groups DO NOT CHARGE ANYONE for their services. So therefore, there is no reason for them to make any of this up. Also they didn't have any idea which areas of the house had the most activity because my wife wanted to make sure that they were legitimate. Yet, in their findings they specifically mentioned EVERY area where my wife had her experiences.

Eventually I started having some experiences. There were several times at night, when I was sleeping I was "held down" by a force but since I'm religious I automatically said my prayers when this happened and I was released. Even with those experiences I had my doubts, because I think I was deep in my sleep so I assumed that they were just bad dreams. But it was very suspicious that I had the EXACT same dream every time.

I have saved the two most compelling pieces of evidence for last. First, we went on a one week vacation just recently. We asked my wife's sister to stay over to take care of our cat. We didn't mention ANYTHING regarding the paranormal things in our house because we didn't want to scare her. Plus we didn't think it would happen to her. When we came back from vacation she mentioned to us "hey I think there is something in your house." And then she described things that were EXACTLY what my wife experienced. This fact alone proves that this is indeed a haunting and not explainable using science.

The final piece of evidence I have occurred about a month ago to me. I was tossing and turning in bed. This time I was FULLY AWARE that I was awake. All of a sudden I felt our cat walking over me, I felt her paws. I IMMEDIATELY knew that this was paranormal activity. Because our cat LOVES to meow when either one of us sleeps and the cat is in the room. So we always lock her up in the downstairs area. And I KNEW for sure that the cat wasn't in the room (we also keep our bedroom door locked).

Now this occurred around 8pm. So my wife was downstairs awake with the cat. Even though I knew that it must have been a spirit walking over me, just to be 100% sure I went downstairs to check. Remember my bedroom door was LOCKED. I unlocked the door went downstairs and sure enough the cat was downstairs with my wife on her lap. She even confirmed that the cat was sitting on her lap for over an hour. So after this there was absolutely no denying that there are spirits in our house.

So based on the full details, if anyone has anymore additional advice, I would highly appreciate it.

Old 03-26-2014, 11:25 PM

1,488 posts, read 1,967,061 times
By the way thank you everyone for all the advice you have given so far. Although I didn't specifically respond to all of them, I'm have read every one of them and I'm seriously considering all the options you all have given me.

Old 03-26-2014, 11:28 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Bideshi,
I know the feeling.

Old 03-27-2014, 12:37 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:

So based on the full details, if anyone has anymore additional advice, I would highly appreciate it.
Jesus told his disciples that some evil spirits can only be cast out by fasting and prayer. It sounds like this will require a dedicated petition to God for protection and deliverance from evil.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:40 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,268,503 times
Quote:
Wow frankly I'm quite offended by your post. I did not give any indicator that would even hint that she has any mental issues. So I'm very surprised that your so sure in your assumption of mental illness. We are both extremely rational and tried to debunk the activities in a scientific manner before coming to the conclusion that they were paranormal. Please read the next section and you will understand that it has nothing to do with mental illness

Here is the long version. My wife's mother used to practice Wicca and Santeria back when my wife was young. Her grandmother is also into this practice (to this day). Because of those practices spirits and paranormal activities were always in their house. My wife is fully Catholic (her mother eventually stopped practicing and converted to Catholicism). However, the haunting of their dwellings NEVER stopped no matter where they moved. I guess once you open that door its hard to close it.

My wife eventually moved away from her parents. Yet, these spirits kept following her. Mind you, she isn't the only one who saw them. If that was the case I would have strongly considered the mental illness as a possibility. Her roommates saw and heard what she saw. She stayed with her best friends family for a one and a half years. Her best friend and the mother saw and heard everything she saw multiple times. Whats interesting is that the spirits/haunting she sees are NOT the same in every house. Meaning she has seen different spirits/had different experiences in every place.

How do we know that these haunting are bad? Its because they are the classic examples of paranormal activities from bad sprites. She has experienced (in all the different places she has lived): Being held down, dark shadows rushing her, random human figures standing around in the house, random animal figures, footsteps when no ones is home, malicious whispering in her ear etc. She won't even tell me about some of the things she has experienced because its so bad.

Now saying all that, all of the above still can be refuted. So let's move on to the specifics regarding my house which has enough deviance to prove that this is indeed paranormal activity. First of all, I have personally NEVER EVER had any paranormal experience before. Second, there has NEVER been anything even remotely suspicious happening in my house before she moved in. After she moved in she started to have paranormal experiences in my house. She tried to ignore them and even tried to find rational reasons why they are happening.

But after a while we decided to contact one of the paranormal investigation groups in our area. First, they came out to look at the house and find some scientific reasons why they think we may be experiencing the activity. However, once they did a 4 hour extensive investigation of our house using their equipment, they confirmed that our house had signs of paranormal activity. They were able to capture sprites responding to their questions on tape. Also, keep in mind that these groups DO NOT CHARGE ANYONE for their services. So therefore, there is no reason for them to make any of this up. Also they didn't have any idea which areas of the house had the most activity because my wife wanted to make sure that they were legitimate. Yet, in their findings they specifically mentioned EVERY area where my wife had her experiences.

Eventually I started having some experiences. There were several times at night, when I was sleeping I was "held down" by a force but since I'm religious I automatically said my prayers when this happened and I was released. Even with those experiences I had my doubts, because I think I was deep in my sleep so I assumed that they were just bad dreams. But it was very suspicious that I had the EXACT same dream every time.

I have saved the two most compelling pieces of evidence for last. First, we went on a one week vacation just recently. We asked my wife's sister to stay over to take care of our cat. We didn't mention ANYTHING regarding the paranormal things in our house because we didn't want to scare her. Plus we didn't think it would happen to her. When we came back from vacation she mentioned to us "hey I think there is something in your house." And then she described things that were EXACTLY what my wife experienced. This fact alone proves that this is indeed a haunting and not explainable using science.

The final piece of evidence I have occurred about a month ago to me. I was tossing and turning in bed. This time I was FULLY AWARE that I was awake. All of a sudden I felt our cat walking over me, I felt her paws. I IMMEDIATELY knew that this was paranormal activity. Because our cat LOVES to meow when either one of us sleeps and the cat is in the room. So we always lock her up in the downstairs area. And I KNEW for sure that the cat wasn't in the room (we also keep our bedroom door locked).

Now this occurred around 8pm. So my wife was downstairs awake with the cat. Even though I knew that it must have been a spirit walking over me, just to be 100% sure I went downstairs to check. Remember my bedroom door was LOCKED. I unlocked the door went downstairs and sure enough the cat was downstairs with my wife on her lap. She even confirmed that the cat was sitting on her lap for over an hour. So after this there was absolutely no denying that there are spirits in our house.

Your cat had your wife in its lap? Now THAT is something!

I'm kidding of course. I just couldn't resist.

Honestly, from my knowledge, it seems like there is a lot of contradictory stuff here. I'm not saying you're making anything up at all, it just contradicts things that I've studied. I was going to ask if you've ever had an investigation done without your wife present to see if she was the one causing the activity but that sort of thing usually revolves around teenage girls, maybe into their early 20 and then goes away. It is possible for people to be haunted. It seems that the spirit or haunting may be following your wife but yet it stays behind when your wife is gone for a week at a time. That's where the contradiction comes in. It's also possible for objects to be haunted and that's kind of where I'm starting to lean. Is there an object that moved into your house with your wife that may have some spiritual attachment to it? If so, can you experiment by somehow getting rid of it for a period of time and seeing if the activity stops?

Old 03-27-2014, 08:11 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
My straight friend, meaning Executive, not into anything alternative...gave up $1000s
In security deposits etc, to move out of a DC apt bec of a spirit....it came "with her" on her Calif
transfer....she heard of a great massage therapist that was a secret healer, energy worker and such.

She said that a little girl had attached to her shoulder area....she liked my friend, cute.
My friend "felt" when the LMT pulled out or released this little girl from her.... I asked
what she meant....she said .it was like a "whoosh"...something just left.

On Monday at work, ok, AOL Time Warner, people passing her in the hallway or coming into
her office all commented on great she looked, how different she seemed, etc.
She had a huge change in her "being".

Amazing story from someone like her...so conservative...non New Agey.

But, with all that said....I believe we have the power ourselves, by God's Grace, for
self protection, also....but I won't get into proselitysing....I can't even spell it!
But, these spirits have NO power in reality...no bite, just roar.
But you must believe that to be the truth.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:55 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
Quote:

...So based on the full details, if anyone has anymore additional advice, I would highly appreciate it.
Yep... sounds like a bad ghostie or three. This is just my opinion, so take it for what it's worth but know I've been there and this is what works for me.

My best guess based on the information you provided is that your wife may be a "haunted person" (in other words, she attracts spooky stuff). Who knows the how or why but some people just end up with the "honor" and have to live with it their whole lives. It's very common for those kind of people to look for answers in all sorts of esoteric places and/or "poke sticks at the unknown" which rarely provide real answers and can very easily make things worse.

If she IS "haunted", "cleansing" the house will do nothing, moving will not help. They are interested in her (and by extension those she is close to, because they can get to her through her loved ones). As her husband, YOU are a juicy target.

You can't make spooks just go away; we mere mortals exist in a narrow sliver of their much larger and more complete reality. They are always there... most people just can't notice.

Someone who CAN notice will attract their attention... and they will attract all stripes of "spirits" (I honestly am not sure what they really are and I'm not willing to jump to the concusions like religious folks insist on doing) .

For more malevolent entities, it sometimes becomes an entertaining (for them) diversion to terrrorize certain people. It's kinda like grade school in a way... some kids are bullies and certain kids become their repeated targets.

DON'T BE A TARGET! I know this isn't as easy as it sounds but above all, you (and your wife) need to learn to not be afraid of them. Just as with the grade school bully, once the victim stops acquiescing to the situation and becomes a bad target, the bully will cease his bullying. Eventually, the bad ghosties will give up on "teasing" you and move on when you no longer freak out for their amusement.

Understand it might get worse before it gets better but my belief is that something keeps malevolent entities from truly harming their victims physically. Virtually everything they do is in a roundabout and often cleverly devious but ultimately inefficent way, leading me to believe they are trying "skirt the law" (for lack of a better term) and aren't as powerful as they want their victims to believe.

I'm sure some will debate this but in my studies/experiences those who have actually become seriously injured and/or killed due to such things (such as possessions for example) are because they were driven to it... they were unable to cope or shed their fear and ultimately did the deed themselves. Entities can influence but they can't directly injure... beyond small scratches and acts of terror, anyway. There are reports to the contrary but I'm not sure I buy them.

It may sound crazy but you can get used to a haunting. You can even learn from it and revel in the fact that you have the opportunity to peek through window into a greater reality that few people get to experience. At some point your own will can become more powerful than the run of the mill negative entities and they will shy away from you.

Also, there is great power in belief. If you need a "crutch" to get your will strong enough to deal with the situation that is fine... if religious icons/ceremonies do that for you, embrace them. Just realize they are not a permanent solution. You've gotta find the power within yourself!

I wish you and your family the best in this adventure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal