Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 05:20 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,486,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Not true. One hunter has claimed to have shot and killed two, one being a young one which he and his mate buried. When they went back to recover the remains, only some hair was left which was allegedly sent to a lab for analyses. I don't remember the outcome. That story was on a documentary. Total BS or some truth? Who knows?

As for bio-viability, how many deer are there running around in the US? Several million I should think. No shortage of food out there. Speaking of deer, how many deer bones are found lying around in the dense, wet forests? Bones decay very fast in wet environments plus they get buried or covered and dragged away.
I would be interested in the hunter who claims he killed two but I was unable to find the story.

I did find this story which I remember:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1740325

As for deer bones they are not unusual to find at all. I am not even a hunter and I have found bones in the woods. I kind of know what human bones look like so if I saw something that looked like a human femur or skull I would report it because even if it were larger I would assume it was a person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2015, 06:28 AM

756 posts, read 833,778 times
Lightbulb Yes, They Exist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Not mine. I agree with it though.

If folks out there have been in the woods as much as some with an open mind... they'd know something is out there. You just have too open your eyes and ears. My point is there are 1000s of sightings and I'm sure some folks are lying but not everyone is. The Indians were not all lying...the missionaries of yesterday, Teddy and the mountain men weren't all lying. They had no reason to and then of the 1000s of people that have seen them...there are 1000s more that have not reported what they have seen...are they lying too?

Gulf Coast BigFoot Research Organization's Message Board:...
Obviously things like that exist. But just like extra terrestrials, the Poe Lease will silence you in more ways than ten if you discover them.

Old 04-15-2015, 08:11 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,235,806 times
What is the Poe Lease?

Old 04-15-2015, 08:35 AM

Quote:
What is the Poe Lease?
I am assuming Police but I may be wrong. In the industry of extraterrestrial life vagueness is your friend.

Old 04-15-2015, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
I am assuming Police but I may be wrong. In the industry of extraterrestrial life vagueness is your friend.
DOH! Thanks

Old 04-15-2015, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Jeeeze, Versatile, you sure are a glutton for punishment.

Squatches are either bears standing up, or they are hoaxes on a very few occasions, like the Patterson film.

The Patterson film is no hoax.

Old 04-15-2015, 10:47 AM

Quote:
YES!
I say you definitely have a game eye. How many critters in that pile of meat?

Do you agree with me that a person that is in the outdoors and looking around quite a bit will develop a GAME EYE and thus see quite a few animals the untrained eye will most likely never see?

Old 04-15-2015, 10:52 AM

Quote:
I say you definitely have a game eye. How many critters in that pile of meat?

Do you agree with me that a person that is in the outdoors and looking around quite a bit will develop a GAME EYE and thus see quite a few animals the untrained eye will most likely never see?
Undoubtedly but there is no reason those same people would also not see Bigfoot or his tracks and scat if he were there as well as smell him if the woodsman were acclimated enough to the surroundings. It works both ways.

BTW there are two animals in that pile of meat.

Old 04-15-2015, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Undoubtedly but there is no reason those same people would also not see Bigfoot or his tracks and scat if he were there as well as smell him if the woodsman were acclimated enough to the surroundings. It works both ways.

BTW there are two animals in that pile of meat.
Of course. I think there are people posting here that would not ever see any certain animal that you or i would.That would be a person with a good game eye. You did use a good term "Woodsman"

Old 04-15-2015, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Of course. I think there are people posting here that would not ever see any certain animal that you or i would.That would be a person with a good game eye. You did use a good term "Woodsman"
I will be honest here. I would not see a big foot or even half of the animals in the woods. I know how to tell when about 6 animals are around because they are just animals I have experience with. I have no experience with bears and probably would not know if one were around.

But I know that there are people who know the the woods where they live and would know if there were a big foot there and I do not know anyone like that who is saying that they are there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal