Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 01:38 PM

13,085 posts, read 9,621,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Yes, I know what raccoons walking around on a roof sounds like, the house I lived in prior to this one, we had a family of coons, 3-4 babies, that would come out at night and make all kinds of noise, they lived in the attic part of a detached garage, there were also trees around the house, so they could get up to the roof.

My house now, there are no trees anywhere close to the house, and the walking sounds did not sound anything similar to my old house, so who knows? Im not saying they are one thing, or paranormal, I have no idea what they are.
A raccoon can climb up the side of your house if he wants to. They're very good climbers. That said, I've never had one on my roof that I know of, but I've seen them in my yard.

I've had squirrels in my attic before (which can be dangerous --- they chew wiring), and it could also be mice running around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2019, 07:42 PM

577 posts, read 498,194 times
A lot of people have "unexplained" events happen to them. And as with all of the people that tell their weird stories, they will be met with adverse reactions by their listeners/readers.

Because until the person listening to or reading these stories has a unexplainable event happen to them they will not, nor should they be expected to believe, anyone's unbelievable story. Because these unexplainable events that people experience, defy all known logic and common sense.

Last edited by greglovesoldtrucks; 06-07-2019 at 08:23 PM..

Old 06-11-2019, 05:17 PM

8,595 posts, read 11,028,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Have you heard the alarm go off? If there's a question of dropping it trace the cord from the plug to the alarm IF it's plugged in.

Check all your drawers you or the spirit might have moved it there. It has to be somewhere. A material thing can't vanish. Are you hearing anything like foot steps?

Get a recorder app on your phone turn it on and ask some questions. You might hear some answers on there.
Finper, I respectfully have to disagree with your comment, "material things can't disappear".
I had a cassette tape in my safe, and living alone, no one had access to it.
It was one on many tapes I collect of my sessions in evp.
That one tape, I let other people listen to, and that is the only one that was missing.
In a later evp session with my deceased partner, he explained that he was the one that removed it from the safe, and destroyed it.
I need not go into the details of why he removed it, but it was he that removed it.

Bob.

Old 06-12-2019, 05:30 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,208,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Finper, I respectfully have to disagree with your comment, "material things can't disappear".
I had a cassette tape in my safe, and living alone, no one had access to it.
It was one on many tapes I collect of my sessions in evp.
That one tape, I let other people listen to, and that is the only one that was missing.
In a later evp session with my deceased partner, he explained that he was the one that removed it from the safe, and destroyed it.
I need not go into the details of why he removed it, but it was he that removed it.

Bob.
Bob,

The vast majority of people that loose items simply misplace that item. I have two prybars that I know I misplaced. I simply cannot blame some spirt or ghost for their disappearance. I am sure that the prybars will appear one day; right where I forgot I left them.

I know that you are positive that you did not misplace your tape. I have been positive I did not misplace some items also; but then I found them where I placed them. Would you ever correct yourself if you found out that your 'lost to a lost partner' was wrong? We are all humans and we all make mistakes.

Old 06-12-2019, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Bob,

The vast majority of people that loose items simply misplace that item. I have two prybars that I know I misplaced. I simply cannot blame some spirt or ghost for their disappearance. I am sure that the prybars will appear one day; right where I forgot I left them.

I know that you are positive that you did not misplace your tape. I have been positive I did not misplace some items also; but then I found them where I placed them. Would you ever correct yourself if you found out that your 'lost to a lost partner' was wrong? We are all humans and we all make mistakes.
That event happened many years ago, and the tape never surfaced.
The safe was in the same room that I did my taping, and when a session was over, the tapes always went back into the safe.
I have experience things appearing, and disappearing over the years, and all can be traced to spirit behavior.

Bob.

Old 06-13-2019, 06:16 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,208,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
That event happened many years ago, and the tape never surfaced.
The safe was in the same room that I did my taping, and when a session was over, the tapes always went back into the safe.
I have experience things appearing, and disappearing over the years, and all can be traced to spirit behavior.

Bob.
If they could be traced you would be on the news!

I have looked thoroughly through our safety deposit box for items we thought we placed in there; we didn't. We put them in a file or some other 'safe' place and thought they we in safety deposit box. Our minds can fool us sometimes because we imagined that we placed the items where we thought they should go; not where they actually went.

In general; humans do not like to accept blame; it is almost like we are afraid to acknowledge we are human. It is very easy to picture placing something where it should go and then forget that we never properly put it away. I hope you find your tape!

Old 06-13-2019, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
If they could be traced you would be on the news!

I have looked thoroughly through our safety deposit box for items we thought we placed in there; we didn't. We put them in a file or some other 'safe' place and thought they we in safety deposit box. Our minds can fool us sometimes because we imagined that we placed the items where we thought they should go; not where they actually went.

In general; humans do not like to accept blame; it is almost like we are afraid to acknowledge we are human. It is very easy to picture placing something where it should go and then forget that we never properly put it away. I hope you find your tape!
After 22 years, I rather doubt it.

Bob.

Old 06-13-2019, 10:47 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,664,649 times
Ive been using an old cell phone as alarm clock now, and I do not leave it on the nightstand beside by bed, I put it right beside by pillow! I dont want to risk waking up to find this one gone too, especially on a day where I needed to be somewhere at a certain time!

Its funny, I now have these special routines before I go to bed, I make sure my bedroom door is locked and closed, I also put a laundry basket with weights in front of the door (to prevent it from opening like it did awhile back), and now keeping the cell phone beside my pillow, Im also still sleeping with a light on in the room!

A friend of mine suggested I buy a big dry erase board and hang it on the wall, write out a question about the missing clock or the opening door, its a stretch to think I would get a reply, but who knows, anything is possible I guess!

Im not sure 'spirits' would be willing to communicate in this way or not though.

Old 06-13-2019, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Ive been using an old cell phone as alarm clock now, and I do not leave it on the nightstand beside by bed, I put it right beside by pillow! I dont want to risk waking up to find this one gone too, especially on a day where I needed to be somewhere at a certain time!

Its funny, I now have these special routines before I go to bed, I make sure my bedroom door is locked and closed, I also put a laundry basket with weights in front of the door (to prevent it from opening like it did awhile back), and now keeping the cell phone beside my pillow, Im also still sleeping with a light on in the room!

A friend of mine suggested I buy a big dry erase board and hang it on the wall, write out a question about the missing clock or the opening door, its a stretch to think I would get a reply, but who knows, anything is possible I guess!

Im not sure 'spirits' would be willing to communicate in this way or not though.
If it is indeed spirits causing the things you mention, all that you have mentioned in this post won't do anything to stop a spirit .
Spirits are not hindered by solid matter.
They can penetrate it just by their thought, so a closed door would pose absolutely no problem.
Same applies to the cell phone under your pillow.
Thought could remove that , without you even knowing it.

As for the erase board with the writing, that could possibly work, but knowing what I know about spirits, the spoken word is much more effective.

Bob.

Old 06-13-2019, 11:48 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,886,552 times
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsb...-say/942518034

Personally if I was sure it was neither me nor critters nor legit visitors, I'd be trying a lot more urgently to rule out the possibility of a living trespasser.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal