Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2019, 10:36 AM

1,820 posts, read 1,165,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_General View Post
There were Prot gangs too

Yes true there was indeed, but tell me the areas where Catholics were thrown out and they moved in and took over their areas ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2019, 04:50 PM

1,139 posts, read 465,417 times
May I say firstly to you gentlearts you have no great right to come on as if from some wonderful highly great historical wonderfully innocent country! Visited it twice years ago on a holiday but wouldn't like to live there I am afraid, haha! You have a history of corporate control over 2,100,000 in jail, people on death row for years even over a dozen and worse. Religion misuse has also played it's part as well. Throw in too over 40 million on food stamps no welfare state and the standard political thing is wrapped up by big money in BOTH parties that run the place. Much in your history nd even today that contradicts your corner.

Now the The_General comes drifting back along as if the gang thing was purely equal. Yes as Ulsterman says there were Loyalist gangs but who started all this palaver but sadly from the RC side. I did feel for those in that corner and at least their SDLP was very anti-violent for example. Their main political party was up to it's ears in violence beyond the front view neither say the UUP or DUP was in that corner.

Old 01-15-2019, 06:26 AM

1,642 posts, read 1,400,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulsterman View Post
Yes true there was indeed, but tell me the areas where Catholics were thrown out and they moved in and took over their areas ?

Ahh all of Nothern Ireland

Tell me where Catholics threw out Protistants

Old 01-15-2019, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjhowie View Post
May I say firstly to you gentlearts you have no great right to come on as if from some wonderful highly great historical wonderfully innocent country! Visited it twice years ago on a holiday but wouldn't like to live there I am afraid, haha! You have a history of corporate control over 2,100,000 in jail, people on death row for years even over a dozen and worse. Religion misuse has also played it's part as well. Throw in too over 40 million on food stamps no welfare state and the standard political thing is wrapped up by big money in BOTH parties that run the place. Much in your history nd even today that contradicts your corner.

Now the The_General comes drifting back along as if the gang thing was purely equal. Yes as Ulsterman says there were Loyalist gangs but who started all this palaver but sadly from the RC side. I did feel for those in that corner and at least their SDLP was very anti-violent for example. Their main political party was up to it's ears in violence beyond the front view neither say the UUP or DUP was in that corner.

I'm pretty sure it was started by the English, by invading and colonizing Northern Ireland.

Old 01-15-2019, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Ahh all of Nothern Ireland

Tell me where Catholics threw out Protistants

Grosvenor Road, Lower Ormeau Road for a start

Old 01-15-2019, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Grosvenor Road, Lower Ormeau Road for a start

Still a problem started by the English invasion

Old 01-15-2019, 08:37 AM

Quote:

Blame everything on the English the usual cry. So ok then all those who went to America should now get out and give the land back to the native-Americans. That includes Italians,Irish,English, Swedish etc etc. For heavens sake wise-up and stop clutching at straws. The Celts invaded Ireland and killed many of the indigenous people. We can go back to 7,000 BC

Old 01-15-2019, 08:41 AM

Quote:

Give me the areas in more recent times in which Protestants have taken over Catholic areas. I have named two areas in which Protestants were forced out. I'm waiting on you.

Old 01-15-2019, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Blame everything on the English the usual cry. So ok then all those who went to America should now get out and give the land back to the native-Americans. That includes Italians,Irish,English, Swedish etc etc. For heavens sake wise-up and stop clutching at straws. The Celts invaded Ireland and killed many of the indigenous people. We can go back to 7,000 BC

Native Americans had no impact on Ireland, English invaders did have an impact. There were more Irish people in Ireland in 1800 than there are today. There are more Irish people in the US and Australia than Ireland. I'm sure it's because of the "good treatment" that was given by the English

Old 01-15-2019, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Give me the areas in more recent times in which Protestants have taken over Catholic areas. I have named two areas in which Protestants were forced out. I'm waiting on you.

Northern Ireland exists because of an English invasion and colonization. All of the land inhabited by Protestants was taken by force from Catholics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom