Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2019, 07:44 AM

16,601 posts, read 8,610,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cahpsuth3 View Post
In no way was he ambivalent he came out and said he supported Scottish independence. Why there would be a backlash because a Scotsman is pro-Scot is bewildering, especially the people that said he should have died in the Dunblane massacre just because he supports his country of birth.
Don't get me wrong, as I understand and said so regarding his right to believe whatever he wants. I just suspect Roscoe is bugged by that aspect, as he is about the Irish and their desire for a united Ireland.
Still outside of that, he did point out some of Murrays shortcomings, despite being such a great player.

`

Old 01-15-2019, 04:47 PM

1,139 posts, read 465,417 times
You DON'T need to be a dashed Nationalist to be pro-Scots that is a kind of immature drivel. I am a proud dashed scot having been born and lived here all my life and a staunch Scots Unionist. I said earlier that he was a good tennis player but he did act like a dour oddly far too often. The way he acted was weird, waving about mouth open and doing daftness.

Old 01-16-2019, 04:42 AM

336 posts, read 147,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjhowie View Post
You DON'T need to be a dashed Nationalist to be pro-Scots that is a kind of immature drivel. I am a proud dashed scot having been born and lived here all my life and a staunch Scots Unionist. I said earlier that he was a good tennis player but he did act like a dour oddly far too often. The way he acted was weird, waving about mouth open and doing daftness.

There you go,

Where did I say, anywhere in this thread that you have to be a dashed Nationalist to be pro-Scotland?

You only have to be pro-Scotland.

Old 01-16-2019, 07:13 AM

16,601 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
You're talking your usual spurious rubbish.
I don't dislike Murray because he's Scottish.I dislike him because he's a miserable git.
Nice try, but most people who have a smell to them never notice it, as they have become nose blind as they say.
You say the same thing about the Irish, yet do not think you are prejudiced or bigoted toward them. Yet more posters than I have pointed it out.
You don't seem like the PC type, so why pretend you don't feel the way you do about some other ethnic groups. I unlike some do not go on a rant calling you ______ist, _____phobe or other attacks. It is who you are and there is nothing vile or despicible in what you say (unlike true racists).

In your negative post #3 toward him, you said "with his dour Scottish curmudgeon routine". So why even mention that he is ethnically a Scot?
In an effort to help you see it, just imagine if someone said about an Englishman, "in his snotty English superior way".
Wouldn't that come across as at least a bias against the English?

BTW - Murray helped Britain win your first Davis Cup since the 1930's, so one wonders if folks such as yourself were talking about his dour Scottish _______ then?

`

Old 01-16-2019, 07:48 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,511,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Nice try, but most people who have a smell to them never notice it, as they have become nose blind as they say.
You say the same thing about the Irish, yet do not think you are prejudiced or bigoted toward them. Yet more posters than I have pointed it out.
You don't seem like the PC type, so why pretend you don't feel the way you do about some other ethnic groups. I unlike some do not go on a rant calling you ______ist, _____phobe or other attacks. It is who you are and there is nothing vile or despicible in what you say (unlike true racists).

In your negative post #3 toward him, you said "with his dour Scottish curmudgeon routine". So why even mention that he is ethnically a Scot?
In an effort to help you see it, just imagine if someone said about an Englishman, "in his snotty English superior way".
Wouldn't that come across as at least a bias against the English?

BTW - Murray helped Britain win your first Davis Cup since the 1930's, so one wonders if folks such as yourself were talking about his dour Scottish _______ then?

`
I've always called Andy Murray a miserable Scottish git because that's what he is.
In the same way that you will always be a Plastic Paddy because that's what you are.
We English get called all the names under the sun but it's water off a duck's back because we are,genuinely,one of the greatest people on the planet who were making and doing extraordinary things when Americans were still trying to work out how to deep-fry a buffalo.

Old 01-16-2019, 08:06 AM

336 posts, read 147,071 times
England is a fairly envious little country and it's embodied in the press. They don't like anyone being more distinguished than they are.

John Cleese

Old 01-16-2019, 08:25 AM

Quote:
England is a fairly envious little country and it's embodied in the press. They don't like anyone being more distinguished than they are.

John Cleese
The last time John Cleese was funny.
Well not unless you count him getting taken to the cleaners by various ex-wives.

Old 01-16-2019, 08:26 AM

Quote:

John Cleese
Scotland.
A chip on its shoulder.
And a deep-fried Mars bar on the other.

Old 01-16-2019, 08:37 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,276,391 times
MOD Note:

I think we're done, and so is the thread.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom