Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 05:03 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,018,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACRutland View Post
Health Insurance is very expensive in the US. I have friends who work but have Obamacare because they are self employed, and one had a mild stroke. They owe over $150000 just for the deductibles and co-pays for just the diagnostic testing to try and find the cause. I work for state government and with employer contributions I still pay our $250/ month plus co-pays, Rx co-pays and deductibles. Cost of health insurance has risen drastically in the US, and benefits are being cut. Do your homework carefully.
This varies WIDELY by state .. in the states that went with the whole program it is not like that unless ou are just loaded . In the pooer south where I originate from they went with as little of the program as possible and I could not move back if I wanted too .
M husband is from Holland and wants to go back every day but the immigration rules have changed so much it would be very difficult .. I love living in Europe .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2016, 06:07 PM

14,316 posts, read 11,708,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACRutland View Post
Health Insurance is very expensive in the US. I have friends who work but have Obamacare because they are self employed, and one had a mild stroke. They owe over $150000 just for the deductibles and co-pays for just the diagnostic testing to try and find the cause.
One hundred fifty thousand dollars in deductibles and co-pays for diagnostic testing for a mild stroke? Did you leave out a decimal point somewhere? An MRI might be $1500. Not $150,000.

We are self-employed and buy our own insurance. In the past eight years I've had four surgeries, two separate chemotherapy treatments, and more tests than you can shake a stick at. I've seen all the bills, and that figure just doesn't sound right to me.

Old 09-15-2016, 09:21 PM

2,691 posts, read 1,668,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post
M husband is from Holland and wants to go back every day but the immigration rules have changed so much it would be very difficult .. I love living in Europe .
How is that possible. As a citizen of Holland he has a right to move back and as his legal wife, you have the right to go there as an immigrant and attain citizenship in a few years. How can they deny that?

Old 09-16-2016, 10:04 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,757,013 times
IT wasnt all that long ago that people from the UK were queuing to get into the US.. I wanted to live there myself as a teenager, it always looked much more exciting and colourful than here in Glasgow. but then anywhere back then was more colourful.. we had smog and dirty buidling with all the factories... but to think of going to Wales Im not so sure... it wouldnt be my choice.. its a shame but they dont get much of a mention at all as part of Great Britain... we never really hear much about it... I have been to some parts more by the sea which were lovely though.. Think very carefully and maybe choose anotehr place to live if you do decide to move here....

Old 09-17-2016, 01:58 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,063,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
IT wasnt all that long ago that people from the UK were queuing to get into the US.. I wanted to live there myself as a teenager, it always looked much more exciting and colourful than here in Glasgow. but then anywhere back then was more colourful.. we had smog and dirty buidling with all the factories... but to think of going to Wales Im not so sure... it wouldnt be my choice.. its a shame but they dont get much of a mention at all as part of Great Britain... we never really hear much about it... I have been to some parts more by the sea which were lovely though.. Think very carefully and maybe choose anotehr place to live if you do decide to move here....
I wouldn't choose to live in Wales either, Dizzy! I'm only here because my family live here. There are some nice coastal areas, but a lot of areas are run down too - it depends where you go.

Yes, we usually get forgotten, as a part of the UK. I guess it's because we are a small country, with not much influence, compared to our neighbour England.

Old 09-22-2016, 02:06 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,925,140 times
Why are people still responding to this? It was posted 8 years ago, and OP hasn't even had the decency to respond to a single comment in that time. It's reasonable to assume she came to a decision a very long time ago, probably without even consulting most of what has been written here.

Old 09-22-2016, 02:28 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,063,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
Why are people still responding to this? It was posted 8 years ago, and OP hasn't even had the decency to respond to a single comment in that time. It's reasonable to assume she came to a decision a very long time ago, probably without even consulting most of what has been written here.
Don't know. There are not many threads about Wales, I suppose.

But why are you responding to it then?!

Old 09-22-2016, 02:46 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,925,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
But why are you responding to it then?!
You got me there...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom