Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 08:30 AM

8 posts, read 29,387 times

Advertisements

What's available? In a slow market, can I find a good deal on a lot? Any other information, also appreciated.
Thanks,
Pianopat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2007, 10:35 AM

28 posts, read 199,998 times
Default NearlyNative

pianopat, I finally had a chance to walk the neighborhood and talk to a couple of people. The lots in Silver Stone 4 are selling around 150,000 and up. That is down from over 200,000 a year or 2 ago. Existing houses in Silver Stone 3 and 4 and Last Sun are running from a low of 150/ft to a little over 200/ft. These houses are from 2500 to 4000 sq ft. The lowest per sq ft was a walkout around 4000 sq ft at 610,000. Several others between 2500 and 3000 sq ft from 180 to 210 sq ft. Down the road in Ventana and Green Springs Heights and others there are homes for sale around 300,000 to 350,000, about 1600 to 1800 sq ft. There are also a couple of houses in various states of some kind of bank forclosure in Silver Stone 3. I don't know what the cost of these are. A good resource is the spectrums Preview Real Estate magazine. It is published every month and is about 180 pages and most realtors advertise there. (The Spectrum is the local newspaper.) I don't know if it is on-line or hard copy only. Very nice area, very quiet, away from I-15 but close to stores and movies and eating. A good mix of young families to retirees. Also a good mix of LDS and non-LDS.

Old 07-11-2007, 11:02 AM

Default Green Springs

Dear Nearly Native,
Wow! You have really helped. At present we have a house in St. George. Are next door neighbor brought are attention to Green Springs. We drove through there a week or so ago and really liked the area. Can't believe we had never driven through there before. Until my husband retires in 3-4 years, we won't be in St. George permanently. However, we always look around when we are in town. I may move to town in the Fall of 2008 to bring my piano studio to the area. Our current home has a casita which I hope to use for my studio. Are there homes in Green Springs with casitas?
Sounds like a great area to teach in.

Thanks again!
Pianopat

Old 07-11-2007, 07:45 PM

28 posts, read 199,998 times
Default NearlyNative

Casitas are getting more popular with home builders lately. I guess people want their mother-in-law's close to them? I would caution you about teaching piano in your home though. Check with your future HOA rules. As minor disruption as piano lessons are, there are HOA nazis that may not want the added traffic in the neighborhood. I don't know what rules they have about home type businesses. Also check with the city regs. I have not heard of any problems, but do some homework for personal CYA. Some HOA's get excited about boat trailers and large toy haulers and basketball hoops in front of peoples houses, among other things. The up-side of HOA's is they are keeping the value of the houses up by not letting people pile junk in front of their houses and keeping empty lots clean and maintaining common areas. The yards are well maintained and very clean and most people seem to do well for themselves up here. I would guess they could pay for piano lessons unless the stay-at-home moms can teach piano to their kids themselves.

Old 07-17-2007, 04:51 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,275,534 times
Pianopat...we live in green spring and are getting ready to sell...we have a casita. it is a nice neighborhood, very quiet but close to everything.

About having a casita...its great. We get a lot of company and it makes for a wonderful guest room...I like going out there and working on my scrapbooking or just some quiet from the family.

Let me know if you are interested and I can email you some info...

Old 07-17-2007, 07:34 AM

Default Green springs

Thank you dogmom. Email more info.
PP

Old 07-17-2007, 07:56 AM

ok will do, just sorta waking up...

Old 07-17-2007, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NearlyNative View Post
pianopat, I finally had a chance to walk the neighborhood and talk to a couple of people. The lots in Silver Stone 4 are selling around 150,000 and up. That is down from over 200,000 a year or 2 ago. Existing houses in Silver Stone 3 and 4 and Last Sun are running from a low of 150/ft to a little over 200/ft. These houses are from 2500 to 4000 sq ft. The lowest per sq ft was a walkout around 4000 sq ft at 610,000. Several others between 2500 and 3000 sq ft from 180 to 210 sq ft. Down the road in Ventana and Green Springs Heights and others there are homes for sale around 300,000 to 350,000, about 1600 to 1800 sq ft. There are also a couple of houses in various states of some kind of bank forclosure in Silver Stone 3. I don't know what the cost of these are. A good resource is the spectrums Preview Real Estate magazine. It is published every month and is about 180 pages and most realtors advertise there. (The Spectrum is the local newspaper.) I don't know if it is on-line or hard copy only. Very nice area, very quiet, away from I-15 but close to stores and movies and eating. A good mix of young families to retirees. Also a good mix of LDS and non-LDS.
I live in Green Spring Heights, there is nothing in this neighborhood for under $500,000. Ventana, probably...they are smaller and basically no yard, back yards I believe are shared back to back. Same with Laguna and La Jolla. They have to pay for their street repairs, we are city streets. Just some info. The Heights is a wonderful neighborhood, you are right...a mix of everyone, most are full time, a few are seasonal. Nice and quiet but a mile away is Costco, etc...

Old 07-17-2007, 06:11 PM

58 posts, read 244,517 times
We lived in Silverstone III and found out while researching before selling our home that previously occupied houses sold for a better price than newly built's. I guess the people who got in earlier had more room to lower their prices rather than hold out for absolute top dollar like the builders are doing.

Some notes of caution - people love to go to the end of Green Spring Dr. and shoot guns up by the water tower, as well as take their noisy atv's and zoom around. Now you'd think with all that open desert in the area they'd go anywhere BUT a subdivision, but I guess it was conveniently located for them. At any rate, we were happy when they extended Green Spring Dr. out past Silverstone IV since it pushed the noise and the danger of gun shots further away from us, though we did feel for those folks buying lots in Silverstone IV. Also, in the summer of 2005, a wildfire came across on the Northbridge side of the road up around Oakdale Rd. They had fire trucks stationed at the main road keeping a close eye out (that's why all that land out there on the left is black, it's charred). And if you have dogs or cats, don't let them run loose at night - we've seen coyotes on the streets in Silverstone IV.

Don't mean to scare anyone, we loved it up there in general and it's the most beautiful drive in town, but these are just some things to consider that were shocking for us as we came from a much more populated area back East. Sometimes wide open spaces are not all they are hyped up to be!

Old 07-17-2007, 06:18 PM

Wow I did not know about the shooting going on out there. We are in GS Heights, so closer in than Silverstone. We have seen coyotes, when you live in the foothills that is normal. Lots of quail, rabbits, hawks, roadrunners. Always some critter out in front running around. We don't have any problems with critters digging up the yard and eating the plants...not like the deer we had roaming around when we lived in NorCal. We had 3 acres and had bobcats in addition to the above. Dogs and cats should not be running around anyway!

I agree, its a beautiful development, I think really one of the nicest, if not the nicest, in the area. I like that we can hike up the rocks a bit and see the whole valley...and the turtle reserve is behind us so that should not ever be built up.

All agreed, Green Spring is great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah