Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 12:57 PM

4 posts, read 10,030 times

Advertisements

1. This is completely false. I have lived up in Suncrest for many years, and even before I moved up here I contacted several foundation repair companies to ask them about houses having faulty foundations, or movement. The response I got from three different companies was that they don't go up to Suncrest anymore than the benches. In fact I heard other places were much worse which I won't name here.

2. There are no lawsuits, every thing is just fine up here. Yes, you will pay more for water but that sort of comes with the territory of living 1500 ft above the valley floor.

3. Some of the nicest homes in the wasatch front are up in Suncrest. In fact, there are a few homes for sale right now that are almost at the 2 million dollar price tag.

Suncrest is an absolute dream, one of the best areas in all of Utah outside of Park City.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2017, 01:04 PM

This answer is not logical, of course elevation plays a role with inversion. Just test it out, go up in higher elevations and you can easily tell the difference.

Old 12-13-2017, 01:12 PM

Default Suncrest is free of inversion

I have lived up in Suncrest for several years, it's astonishing to walk outside and see blue skies, only to drive down into the inversion and watch the sun disappear. I don't have asthma issues when I am up in Suncrest, but experience symptoms at the lower elevations. Suncrest sits at 5700-6300 ft in elevation, so it's 1500 feet higher than the valley floor. It's amazing to look down below and see how bad the inversion get's during winter. Whatever negative things you have heard about Suncrest is probably false. There are not homes sliding down the mountain ha ha it would be entertaining if that was the case. In fact, I don't know anyone that has had a problem with their foundation. It's simply a rumor. Also, there is a range of homes up there, you could buy a home from 350k to 2 million.

Do you love views? Animals? How about the best mountain biking trails in Utah? (Thanks to gravity logic). There are hundreds of miles of trails up here and plenty of things to do. Yes you do get more snow, so if you aren't into winter it's probably not the place for you. Also, it's really nice to straddle both utah country and SLC county, you aren't gridlocked during rush hour, you can simply choose which side you want to go down. Suncrest also has access to some of the best schools in the state.

#suncrestforlife

Old 12-13-2017, 09:07 PM

388 posts, read 548,735 times
https://www.ksl.com/?nid=1314

Old 12-21-2017, 01:22 PM

1 posts, read 2,458 times
I live in Suncret and we are definitely above the inversion. My home is at 6,300 ft and this is the view from my back yard of the Salt Lake valley when the inversion is in full swing.

Old 12-21-2017, 01:43 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustinmc15 View Post
I live in Suncret and we are definitely above the inversion. My home is at 6,300 ft and this is the view from my back yard of the Salt Lake valley when the inversion is in full swing.
Yeah, but being above the inversion means that you just get a birds-eye view of the ugliness of it all. To me, that's practically as bad as being in it. Maybe from a health standpoint it's better, but when I look across the valley and see nothing but smog, I find it very depressing.

Old 01-22-2018, 12:22 PM

106 posts, read 109,343 times
Wow, I had no idea how bad these things get. I know of them, but it seems like most people refer to them as an occasional inconvenience. Reading this thread, it sounds like a very serious and persistent health risk! Yikes!

Old 01-22-2018, 02:27 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless in Florida View Post
Wow, I had no idea how bad these things get. I know of them, but it seems like most people refer to them as an occasional inconvenience. Reading this thread, it sounds like a very serious and persistent health risk! Yikes!
It can be a serious health issue, but it seems to be more on a person by person basis, and sometimes there seems to be little rhyme or reason for who seems to be most affected by it. My mother, for example, had asthma. She lived in Salt Lake City and died at the age of 96. My nephew, who also lives in Salt Lake City, is now 26 years old. He has cystic fibrosis and yet he does okay here, simply by using common sense and not spending a lot of time outside during the winter. I'm 69 and for me, the inversion is more of an ugly phenomenon than a dangerous one. Other people seem to be affected to a much greater degree.

Here's a link to a post explaining the phenomenon a little more clearly.

Old 01-22-2018, 08:37 PM

106 posts, read 109,343 times
Thanks, Katzpur. I'll check it out.

Old 05-10-2019, 12:50 AM

1 posts, read 1,618 times
Default Inversion, pollution, et al

We are planning to relocate to Utah. My husband will be working in Lehi. I was reading the discussion threads where people suggest Park City, Heber, Suncrest, etc. I saw problems with crime(near suncrest - child sexual abuse among others!), lack of good schools in and around Heber.

I also saw https://www.airnow.gov/index.cfm?act...rchivecalendar where the area around Lindon, Pleasant Grove, American Fork in Orem is always in green (in terms of O3 and PM2.5 and a few other measures encompassing AQI).

Could you pls advise if this indeed is reflecting the reality. It would be a great help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah