Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2007, 06:43 PM

114 posts, read 512,479 times

Advertisements

What would you say the best area that is projected to take off near the Orem area? We thought we would try and buy something outright..... but prices are too high.... we are willing to get to about 290k. Any nice new subdivisions going in? Can anyone give me the names?? The cities too!! We want to be near restaurants and things for the kids to do. And no more than about 45 mins from Orem. Any area to steer clear of? We are waiting for our relo package to come...trying to get some more ideas before hand!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2007, 10:50 AM

12 posts, read 53,155 times
Out west of Utah Lake they are building like crazy. You might want to check some of those areas out. Jeremy Ranch seems popular. Personally I would stay away from developments right on the lake because of the bugs and smell. Some people boat on the lake but it is very shallow and fairly muddy.

Within your 45 minute range is the east mountain area. The commute wouldn't be too bad through Provo Canyon except in really bad weather. The real estate has already gotten pretty expensive on the east side, though.

Do you have a good real estate agent yet? He/she could help you out better than the internet.

Old 02-13-2007, 12:44 PM

Thank you UtahRaptor...We just started the process with a realtor there....actually waiting to speak with her, not just e mailing.... should be today. Honestly I am a little bit worried about my husband commuting in bad weather.... like through a pass or winding roads.....probably cant avoid that though..right?? That's just me... people that are used to it probably dont think twice about that stuff... we have never lived in snow!! When we have traveled up to the mountains here.... I shut my eyes the whole way!!!

We just want to make a good investment-- who doesnt. With very little knowledge of an area and a quick move coming up... we are trying to be as educated as possible.

Are the East Mtn. areas more desireable than Orem itself?? Would living in Orem be an option..... not gonna beat the LDS/non LDS horse anymore..... I think we are over that initial thought.... we just want to live somewhere that we will be accepted.... seems that it really doesnt matter what someones religioin is... after talking with many people (LDS included) I would really never know the difference. Agree that there are good and bad...but that's true of all people and all faiths...... coming to Utah with an open mind!

Thanks for the help!!

Old 02-13-2007, 01:20 PM

1,821 posts, read 7,732,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAtoCO View Post
Thank you UtahRaptor...We just started the process with a realtor there....actually waiting to speak with her, not just e mailing.... should be today. Honestly I am a little bit worried about my husband commuting in bad weather.... like through a pass or winding roads.....probably cant avoid that though..right?? That's just me... people that are used to it probably dont think twice about that stuff... we have never lived in snow!! When we have traveled up to the mountains here.... I shut my eyes the whole way!!!
If you stick to the valleys, you will easily avoid the winding roads. Yes it does snow, but much less than in the mountains. Plus you will be driving on freeways and straight roads along with all other 500,000 people on the roads. Orem is a fine livable town, with a few older run down areas.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:54 PM

2 posts, read 7,010 times
I lived in the Sandy area until Oct 2005, we bought North instead of south due to the amount of house and land we got for our money and the new high spped rail hub coming to the Pleasant View area (No of Odgen) that would make commuting a breeze. You can still get a 1/2 acre, new home with views for 280 - 300K.

Last edited by coolcats; 02-13-2007 at 06:08 PM.. Reason: Advertising portion deleted

Old 02-13-2007, 03:00 PM

What are the names of the valleys???? Sorry to sound lame... but like I said we have no idea!!! Thanks!!!

Old 02-13-2007, 06:09 PM

1,821 posts, read 7,732,656 times
There is Utah Valley, Tooele Valley, Salt Lake Valley. Davis and Weber Counties are not really in valleys since one side is bordered by the lake, but also flatlands.

Old 02-15-2007, 09:52 AM

378 posts, read 1,906,122 times
The Alpine area is probably your best bet in Utah county.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
View detailed profiles of: