Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2024, 06:32 PM

8,216 posts, read 16,705,829 times

Advertisements

We've had a beautiful past couple days with sun and cold temps still below freezing. It was nice to see the sun again. Here's a few recent pics with nice sunrises and sunset last night from this frozen land. If considering moving from warmer places, you need to be aware.

Derek
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2024, 07:09 PM

Today was another gorgeous winter day with unseasonably warm, sunny weather. I enjoyed a sunrise paddle on the Columbia that felt very ethereal with the sun lighting up the fog.

Derek

Old 02-22-2024, 09:44 PM

Magic winter day on the Columbia. Today was one of those days that makes an imprint on your mind for a long time to come. It was spectacular from the moment I entered the water. Eagles were flying by and out in force. Fish were very active swimming under my board swimming right along the surface. The water was sheet glass and felt very surreal. And it was one of the warmest days of winter reaching the 60s. Of course there was a full moon rising right at sunset and the mountain was out dressed a fresh blanket of snow. I felt truly blessed experiencing all that beauty.

Derek

Old 02-23-2024, 06:50 PM

251 posts, read 204,301 times
Your pictures are always stunning. I've never been to Vancouver but have been following for a while and may plan a trip up there. I love to paddleboard, is the Columbia always so calm? Looks that way from most of your photos.

Old 02-24-2024, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD_MD View Post
Your pictures are always stunning. I've never been to Vancouver but have been following for a while and may plan a trip up there. I love to paddleboard, is the Columbia always so calm? Looks that way from most of your photos.
No, the mighty Columbia is not always calm. There are days when the wind and currents are anything but. The key is learning it's rhythms throughout the year and when to paddle on days like above. The good news for paddlers is that with so many rivers, lakes, creeks and the ocean available, there is an abundance of paddling options year round. So, you can be selective and enjoy them at their best.

Derek

Old 02-24-2024, 05:14 PM

Today was sunny and gorgeous in the Columbia Gorge where spring wildflowers have begun blooming. The hills have also greened up nicely. Temps were in the mid-50s and it was glorious out. It was a perfect day to get outdoors and enjoy winter in the southern WA.

Derek

Old 03-14-2024, 11:03 PM

Beautiful sunny spring like day today in Vancouver reaching the low 60s with very little wind. It was a nice day to head to the Columbia River and enjoy the water with very clear views of the mountain. Sunset colors reflecting on the water were the icing on the cake welcoming in spring conditions.

Derek

Old 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM

I hope you are enjoying this late winter weather we're having. The lyrics to that U2 song Beautiful Day came to mind. 'Don't let it slip away.'

After seeing posts from some local SUP friends, I decided to head to the lake. It's exceptionally gorgeous right now with the fresh water running into it from snow melt and recent rains. The color is a stunning lighter green/emerald unlike other seasons. Then add in this amazingly warm late winter weather and, yes, it's epic conditions right now. It got to 75 and I was actually hot for this first time this winter paddling in the sun.

Derek

Old 03-19-2024, 11:45 PM

Yes, this has been an epic end of winter that is part of the mystique of the PNW showing its raw beauty and warmth after the storms. I've been out the past couple of days soaking it all in enjoying this place we call home. A few recent pics including tonight on the water and sunrise yesterday with cherry blossoms in full bloom.

Derek

Old 04-12-2024, 11:27 PM

We're having perfect spring weather with a nice mixture of sun and clouds. Everything is blooming and its glorious outside. Here's a few pics from today.

Derek
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area