Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Vancouver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 03:38 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,543,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
If you REALLY scan my posting history there is not a single hint of me "hating" or even disliking Vancouver or Canada....nor I said that the US is always a greener pasture....
OK, now you're delusional.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2015, 03:41 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,298,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
OK, now you're delusional.
I'm in good company then...

Old 01-19-2015, 04:10 PM

81 posts, read 154,644 times
Quote:
Well at least you have experience living here, I find it hilarious how much time botticelli spends on this board to feed his Torontonian superiority complex.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of criticism, everyone has different tastes but at least have a good understanding of the city before you bash it. (This goes to everybody, not you specifically)

Old 01-19-2015, 04:17 PM

Quote:
I expected a better comeback than the old " nah, nah, nah, nah, so are you ".

You're slipping

Old 01-19-2015, 04:48 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,298,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
I expected a better comeback than the old " nah, nah, nah, nah, so are you ".

You're slipping

You are a lost cause when it comes to explaining myself...so why waste my breath...or pardon, my bytes??...

Old 01-19-2015, 05:11 PM

Quote:
You are a lost cause when it comes to explaining myself...so why waste my breath...or pardon, my bytes??...
Better, a little pun is always nice.

Old 08-13-2019, 04:15 AM

1 posts, read 436 times
I arrived in surrey at age 7 in 1979 from the communist bloc with many other immigrants. Surrey attracted a lot of developers back then by offering grants to builders If they would rent their apartments for 20 or 25 years before they were allowed to be converted to condos. Surrey had half the ownership rates of other municipalities (now it’s a City) 2/3rds to 1/3rd. In the 90s many rentals were sold off and turned to condos. Now the rate of home ownership is higher. Also the stigma came from Eastern European immigrants like me. Many Polish and other eastern bloc people struggling to fit into Canadian cultures - but the kids didn’t fit - lots of crime unfortunately. Now - a generation later that stereotype was kind of passed down to the South Asian community even though they have one of the highest rates of university and low crime rates per capita (minus some gangs and Murders) ...so sorry about that ... from your Eastern European bro ... there are other possible reasons - first municipality south of Fraser, etc. But it all starts in the late 60s and 80s from Eastern European immigrants. It makes no sense now since it’s mostly family’s and crime rates that are lower then 2/3rds if the other municipalities and cities in metro Vamcouver - though avoid the 104-108th Ave strip and 132 to King George Hwy and the main bus loop area near newton - the rest of Sutrey where 95% of families live is great :-) cheers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Vancouver