Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Vancouver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 08:51 AM

1,075 posts, read 4,310,858 times

Advertisements

Ah, sunny days! .. this is the life isn't it?

Except with sun, comes the freezing weather .. brrrr.

Hey, we have to talk about the weather, it's part of our culture on the wet coast.

edit: oh no, a post this silly had to end up at the top
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2009, 11:00 AM

1,048 posts, read 6,444,690 times
Yeah, sun = freezing weather in December, but meh... it's December! What do you expect? We had frost this morning and I actually quite liked it!

But did you catch last night's moonrise? I managed to capture it perfectly out my solarium!

Old 12-04-2009, 08:30 AM

1,075 posts, read 4,310,858 times
Great capture Robynator!

It's been a magical few nights now, with the full moon and clear skies, hasn't it?

Freaking cold though! .. just can't imagine the really cold temps anymore that we used to experience up north .. wonder when I turned into such a wuss.

Old 12-09-2009, 08:51 AM

19 posts, read 48,292 times
Vancouver? As an old sailor, IMO "greatest city in the world!"

Old 12-28-2009, 08:11 PM

2,811 posts, read 5,625,817 times
I just wanted to add that my wife and I just moved to the Seattle area a month ago and took our first day trip up to Vancouver yesterday (Dec 28th). There was not a cloud in the sky, it was absolutely gorgeous!

Vancouver Sunshine-vancouverskyline1.jpg

Old 02-04-2010, 03:28 PM

2,145 posts, read 5,070,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Vancouver, and the surrounding area, doesn't really have horrible weather....if you come here in the summer.

I live about 110 miles south of Vancouver, in what they call "the convergence zone". Which, from my understanding, pretty much means that all the crap weather comes from the Vancouver area or points south to my area and stays for a little while longer than in the rest of the Pacific Northwest.

In general, it's been pretty miserable here over the past couple of months (my first winter up here, after moving from LA). But, we've had a wonderful week up here this week. Sunshine and all. And, it's something that I appreciate. After all the rain and snow, one or two days of fabulous weather is something that you really do appreciate.

Summers are great though. And, all in all, the weather is very temperate. WAY better than I ever experienced in the NE of the United States.

As far as Vancouver being the "best place to live" (or even up there in the top three or five), I really don't think that weather has too much to do with it. Look at the other cities listed. Geneva? I was there a couple of times in the winter, and it was just SO dreary.

Personally, I don't agree with those polls, but I will say that the weather is better, on a whole, than a lot of places in North America. I'd rather be dealing with rain here than with blustering cold walking around the streets of Manhattan. And, LA? Don't be fooled with the hype. Not only is the weather generally BORING (the past day or so excluded), it's not all blue skies and sunshine.
LA hype?
It IS mostly blue skies and sunshine in so cal. having lived here for almost 10 years...it is boring in a monotonous sort of way. but so is colorado,actually. endless sunshine that is very bright and intense. but in so cal,even more so-b/c there is no weather to speak of. As Lewis Black says "the easiest job in the world is a weather reporter in san diego-how's the weather today? 'nice. now back to you,Bob.'

Anyway,not sure what you meant,but thought i'd clarify.
Not better or worse than the NW-certainly different though.
To each his own preference on that front,for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Vancouver