Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 01:28 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times

Advertisements

My S.O. is a meat eater, but he shares meals with me that don't include meat. I am OK with him eating what he eats because my choice to not eat meat is mine alone. I appreciate that he is willing to try some of the things I make.

I am flexible and I eat some fish, so I am not completely vegetarian, but I try to keep most days flesh-free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2018, 01:35 PM

1,559 posts, read 1,049,929 times
I am pescatarian, my husband eats meat. We do not prepare meat at home except for holiday meals. I would find it difficult to handle raw meat.

We eat out frequently so he gets his meat fix then.

Old 05-12-2018, 10:18 AM

1,959 posts, read 3,102,534 times
No. I'm afraid I could not. Of course, this prejudice severely limits the market.

Old 05-15-2018, 05:57 PM

8,923 posts, read 212,072 times
Yes I would as long as they didn't pressure me to eat meat or cook it for them.

Old 05-15-2018, 07:23 PM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times
Sure, why not?

Not a huge deal to me.

Old 06-13-2018, 10:03 AM

4,927 posts, read 2,908,995 times
No, I can't even bear the thought of kissing someone who eats animal products. They smell funny, for one thing. And why risk getting emotionally attached to someone who doesn't share your sensibilites?

I went on a date with someone who knew perfectly well my perspective on this issue: he ordered a steak and blood actually ran down his chin. My impulse was to run out of the restaurant and take a cab home. Refused to see him again after that. Not going through that again.

And marry someone who eats meat? I don't see how anyone can tolerate that. Death, blood, feces, bacteria, chemical hormones, the screaming of babies as they're stolen from their mothers, rack rape. Not a fan.

Last edited by KaraZetterberg153; 06-13-2018 at 10:16 AM..

Old 06-15-2018, 11:10 AM

71 posts, read 56,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post

I went on a date with someone who knew perfectly well my perspective on this issue: he ordered a steak and blood actually ran down his chin. My impulse was to run out of the restaurant and take a cab home. Refused to see him again after that. Not going through that again.
So, I've been vegetarian for a couple of months now, but I am doing it for health and not moral reasons, and I still know and remember the joy of steak ... and I just wanted to point out that there is no blood in a steak. Even cooked (properly) to a medium rare, the "juice" people call blood is not blood. It is water and myoglobin, which is an amino acid.

Old 06-15-2018, 04:27 PM

4,927 posts, read 2,908,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalCityTodd View Post
So, I've been vegetarian for a couple of months now, but I am doing it for health and not moral reasons, and I still know and remember the joy of steak ... and I just wanted to point out that there is no blood in a steak. Even cooked (properly) to a medium rare, the "juice" people call blood is not blood. It is water and myoglobin, which is an amino acid.
I didn't know that. But still, it's nasty, whatever it actually is (IMHO). Not something I want to ingest.
Quote:
Myoglobin (symbol Mb or MB) is an iron- and oxygen-binding protein found in the muscle tissue of vertebrates in general and in almost all mammals. It is related to hemoglobin, which is the iron- and oxygen-binding protein in blood, specifically in the red blood cells.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myoglobin

Old 06-16-2018, 09:06 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalCityTodd View Post
I am with you. Although I eat vegetarian for moral reasons, not health reasons, I won't deny that I liked the taste of meat. As a matter of fact, the first meat that bothered me was lamb because, as Kara Z says, they are cute little babies, but it was also the tastiest meat, IMO. I chose to give up pleasure for morality. Well, in THAT area of my life anyway, hehehe.

Old 06-17-2018, 09:13 AM

139 posts, read 101,848 times
Not an issue. Prior to marriage, I used to date women who ate meat - did not bother me at all (after all, it is an individual's choice).

I have been (egg-eating) vegetarian all my life. My wife used to eat meat, but of late has been a pescatarian. She knows that sometimes the aroma of seafood bothers me so she gets her fill when we go out. None of it is worth any sort of fight in the larger context (aka being married).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food