Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2018, 04:01 PM

2,129 posts, read 1,781,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Laughed at that. My daughter does not look anorexic, nor does her bff/roommate (male).
Of course you did. And then you ignored every single actually IMPORTANT part of my posting in favor of a quick snarky comment.

And you wonder why people don't like vegans. LOL!

Old 08-21-2018, 04:27 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,604,526 times
Big difference between Vegetarians and Vegans. This particular thread is about Vegans, not those that can still get animal protein. And usually not as preachy as Vegans. I know a Vegan in animal rescue who went against all her peeps in rescue because they only care about PETS, not all animals. I was like well what do you feed your pets? Animals.

Old 08-21-2018, 04:33 PM

88,689 posts, read 85,035,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyewackette View Post
Of course you did. And then you ignored every single actually IMPORTANT part of my posting in favor of a quick snarky comment.

And you wonder why people don't like vegans. LOL!
You made an incredibly stupid remark at the beginning of your post. What the heck did you expect other than a snarky comment?

I don't care what the rest of your post said. I scanned it. It appears to be a rant against vegans and veganism. Am I a vegan? No. And I'm not wondering anything except why you seem so hellbent on picking an argument on a Food & Drink message board, but hey, if that's what blows your skirt up, have at it.

Old 08-21-2018, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Big difference between Vegetarians and Vegans. This particular thread is about Vegans, not those that can still get animal protein. And usually not as preachy as Vegans. I know a Vegan in animal rescue who went against all her peeps in rescue because they only care about PETS, not all animals. I was like well what do you feed your pets? Animals.
LOL. That is pretty funny.

I've heard rumors of people who tried to make their cats vegan, which is animal abuse IMO. My daughter has a cat, and she knows he's got to eat meat. She also has a leather couch because someone gave it to them for free. While they won't buy new leather (or other animal) products, they believe in using what exists until its worn, because just throwing something away is not going to save a long-dead animal, and it will just contribute to waste.

Old 08-21-2018, 05:00 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,314,946 times
Quote:
Laughed at that. My daughter does not look anorexic, nor does her bff/roommate (male).
I've never seen an anorexic looking vegan and I know a lot of them!

Old 08-21-2018, 05:00 PM

Quote:
You made an incredibly stupid remark at the beginning of your post. What the heck did you expect other than a snarky comment?

I don't care what the rest of your post said. I scanned it. It appears to be a rant against vegans and veganism. Am I a vegan? No. And I'm not wondering anything except why you seem so hellbent on picking an argument on a Food & Drink message board, but hey, if that's what blows your skirt up, have at it.
It's the thread title. People aren't coming into this section to talk about this per se. The thread title is inviting a discussion on why some people don't like Veganism, and then people who answer are taken to task, which doesn't make any sense.

Old 08-21-2018, 05:03 PM

Quote:
LOL. That is pretty funny.

I've heard rumors of people who tried to make their cats vegan, which is animal abuse IMO. My daughter has a cat, and she knows he's got to eat meat. She also has a leather couch because someone gave it to them for free. While they won't buy new leather (or other animal) products, they believe in using what exists until its worn, because just throwing something away is not going to save a long-dead animal, and it will just contribute to waste.
Mine too. I am glad she feeds her pets an appropriate diet

Old 08-21-2018, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
It's the thread title. People aren't coming into this section to talk about this per se. The thread title is inviting a discussion on why some people don't like Veganism, and then people who answer are taken to task, which doesn't make any sense.
Yes, it does make sense when you make a remark that all vegans are anorectic as your "reason". Of course you are going to be taken to task. It's a false statement, and obviously made for no other reason but as bait to invite an argument.

Anyway, I'm neither vegan nor against veganism, so carry on.

Old 08-21-2018, 05:26 PM

24,716 posts, read 9,518,969 times
I don’t like veganism because I enjoy all kinds of food, very simple.

Old 08-21-2018, 08:10 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,012,670 times
You are misinterpreting the math in that article, which states:

"If you eat only 200 to 300 milligrams (mg) of cholesterol a day (one egg yolk has about 200 mg), your liver will produce an additional 800 milligrams per day from raw materials such as fat, sugars, and proteins."

From that you shout: "EIGHTY PERCENT of the cholesterol in your body is manufactured BY your body."

That fact should should horrify anyone on a typical American diet because there is no stated upper limit on the body's production of cholesterol. What if someone eats two eggs; then has a steak and buttered potatoes for lunch, then a fast-food restaurant meal for dinner; then the in-between snacks? Together, they may contain fifty times the amount of cholesterol (not to mention other things) in one egg, which the body proceeds to multiply by 4, per the above formula?

Is that something to shrug off?

Your quote, again: "Educate yourself before you start spouting off."

Perhaps you should you take your own advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyewackette View Post
Your body PRODUCES that cholesterol. Sheesh!

https://www.health.harvard.edu/heart...n-in-your-body

EIGHTY PERCENT of the cholesterol in your body is manufactured BY your body. EIGHTY PERCENT. And not all cholesterol - actually lipoproteins - are bad for you. LDL is bad for you. HDL is GOOD for you.

Educate yourself before you start spouting off.

This actually more properly belonged in my previous post, but I forgot to mention it and its too late to edit that. So - for all you anti-animal product vegan folks out there - what would you do if you needed surgery or medical care that included animal products? Such as but not limited to:

gel caps
Premarin
vaccines
Thyroid meds
swine skin for burn victims
swine valves for heart surgery
Prilosec
Zocor
warfarin
celexa

Anything with gelatin, magnesium stearate, or lactose in it, which constitute about 75% of all drugs on the market. Plus, all drugs have been tested on animals.

So you don't take any medications then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food