Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 05:22 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,245,461 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

My brother and his fiancee are being married at my home next summer and they are both vegetarians.

This is an evening wedding with heavy appetizers...

Any good ideas??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 05:38 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,447,538 times
Oh there's tons of things to choose from. Are you going to have waiters walking with trays through the crowd or tables for helping yourself?

A favorite and very easy is dates slit in half and pit removed, then stuff each side with goat cheese and nuke just til warm, you can do an italian antipasto platter type thing with cheeses, olives, artichokes, roasted red peppers etc., veggie and dip trays, devilled eggs, flavored salsa's and chips, bean dips, hummus and pita slices, etc.

Are they going to cater to anyone else who isn't a vegetarian? Are they vegans who eat fish? If so, they could have shrimp cocktail and a wide assortment of sushi, salmon and cream cheese rolls...

Old 10-27-2008, 05:48 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,383,288 times
Do they eat dairy? Mini quiche are good. The old stand by of cheese and crackers.

Old 10-27-2008, 05:51 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,494,931 times
How about strawberries in balsamic glaze, on sticks?

Old 10-27-2008, 05:58 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times
Mixed fruit platters. Strawberries, grapes, orange slices, and other fruits that do not brown when cut or can be left whole. Veggies and vegan dips. Broccoli, carrots, etc.

Old 10-27-2008, 05:59 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,245,461 times
These all sound great! There will be wait staff walking around...yes they eat dairy... all suggestions are welcome as I am working on teh menu to present to them soon!

Old 10-27-2008, 06:06 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times
If they eat dairy then include cheese cubes with the fruit and veggies for dipping. You got a winner with the dairy options.

Old 10-27-2008, 06:11 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,447,538 times
Another good one is rolled up soft shell tacos... spread with cream cheese that's got ranch dressing in it, sliced olives, pimento, and some shredded onion or chives... spread on the taco, roll it up, stick w/ toothpicks and chill. Then cut into 1" pieces... there's probably recipes for this on Kraft or Betty Crocker, etc... google vegetarian appetizer recipes and you should get tons of ideas.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:26 PM

218 posts, read 468,474 times
Default wedding appts

hi
I used to cater weddings for 12 yrs before we got out of the business.
One thing that most vegetarians loved were eggplant bites.

Slice eggplant thin. bread in Italian breadcrumbs, lightly fry add a little marinara sauce and topp w/mozz cheese.

I also did a veggie kabob that was grilled portabella,red onion,squash, zucchini, cherry tomato. brush w/olive oil & grill.

on the back of the cresent roll package they have a veggie pizza that is realy good it's cold... roll out cresent rolls (which they have a package just for this recipe) I mix ranch dressing, sour creme,creme cheese, and for a little zing a dab of horseradish, mix all. Spread on cool, cooked roll mix. chop up your choice of fresh veggies real small press on mixture cut in squares and serve.or instead of cresent roll mix I also used flour tortillas. spread mixture on tort add veggies roll tight and leave in fridge, before party cut into rounds and serve. both are good.

I think Bocca (brand name ?) has meatless meatballs they could be served with marinara.

stuffed zucchini .... cut length wise scoop out center put in bowl add stuffing mix, mushrooms, onions,black olives, eggplant. I sautee in a pan then return to hollow zucchini boats fill topp with parmesean cheese and bake til tender. cut to bite size.

mini veggie quiche are very esy to make use mini muffin pan. Your base is flour and creme cheese press in pan hole in middle put in veggies add milk,egg & cheese mixture bake until brown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Hello all,

My brother and his fiancee are being married at my home next summer and they are both vegetarians.

This is an evening wedding with heavy appetizers...

Any good ideas??

Old 10-27-2008, 11:42 PM

5,826 posts, read 9,605,826 times
Don't forget stuffed celery. Anything you can put on a pizza, you can stuff celery with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food