Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 05:36 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,829,648 times

Advertisements

I am curious to know how many people watch VPR -- I was not one to watch it on a relatively regular basis; however, of late [perhaps over the past few months] I find myself clicking on VPR to see what is one, what's coming etc. I am finding that it is an interesting, informative and very entertaining channel - ranging from terrific concerts to extremely fascinating and learning programs.

Anyone of have any particular program/concert/documentary that they have enjoyed lately?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2010, 05:43 PM

3,459 posts, read 10,272,083 times
VPR is Vermont Public Radio. Vermont Public Television (VPT)...yes we watch it. I like the VT Outdoor Show (I forgot it's real name) and the kids programming is good. We also get Mountain Lakes Television (NY Public TV) and they have some terrific local programming about the history, ecology, geography etc. of the Adirondacks.

Old 12-03-2010, 06:22 PM

Default Oops - my typo re: VPT [ sorry]

Quote:
Originally Posted by vter View Post
VPR is Vermont Public Radio. Vermont Public Television (VPT)...yes we watch it. I like the VT Outdoor Show (I forgot it's real name) and the kids programming is good. We also get Mountain Lakes Television (NY Public TV) and they have some terrific local programming about the history, ecology, geography etc. of the Adirondacks.
and thanks for the correction...I meant Vermont Public Television [VPT]

Old 12-04-2010, 09:56 AM

23,602 posts, read 70,446,439 times
Yeah, my dad built transmitters and studios for VPR, and I worked for VT ETV for a while. ETV has done some outstanding work in the past, I bought what video tapes were available. WCAX has (or had, last time I knew) "Across the Fence" which can have some interesting on-site segments from around the states. I'm nowhere near as impressed by APT (Alabama Public Television), and wish I could get the VT station down here.

Old 12-04-2010, 10:21 AM

I am wondering if there is any way you can find a 'live feed' with VPT -- or perhaps even contact them to find out if that is even possible:

Vermont Public Television | Educate, Inform, Entertain and Inspire

I was really impressed, the other night, during one of their programs and fund raisers that they said that for every call/contribution that is made [regardless of the amount, I believe] that Northfield Savings Bank is donating 3 meals re: VT Food Bank. I was equally impressed that the CEO of Northfield Savings was on the program stressing the importance of everyone pitching in.

To me, sometimes, it is the simplest things that we can, collectively, to contribute. It is certainly a very pleasant change to see the bigger companies/organizations contributing in a matter of fact manner rather than the bigger companies needing intense recognition. I commend Northfield Savings Bank.

Old 12-04-2010, 10:43 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,507,138 times
I watch little television these days but Outdoor Journal is usually a good show (I loved the moose hunt episode on somewhat recently), and now and then they have the documentary, Alone in the Wilderness, on (usually when asking for donations). I watch that whenever I have the chance.

Old 12-05-2010, 05:38 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,238,868 times
Enjoyed the Railroad And John Denver segments for example..

I look forward to the music and travel type stuff.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:57 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,238,868 times
Channel 33 has

AMERICAN MASTERS | Johnny Carson: King of Late Night

AMERICAN MASTERS | Johnny Carson: King of Late Night | Coronation of the King | PBS - YouTube

Tonight.

It's half over wish I had known

Old 05-15-2012, 01:20 PM

325 posts, read 706,360 times
It was a great show, I miss Johnny.

Old 04-13-2015, 06:13 AM

428 posts, read 644,050 times
Some day I hope a book is written about the couple who brought VPR and VPT to Vermont.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont