Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 07:06 PM

1,475 posts, read 4,142,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Yeah, I read that theory among the racist posts below that article. There's a problem with that theory though. Look at the details of the arrest report. Most of them are charged with possess to distribute, which means they bought a significant amount that was packaged separately for distribution. They are dealers, not junkies eliminating the middle man.

yeah, the white people are ruining vermont

Old 01-31-2012, 08:15 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
I can understand how you may feel white people are ruining Vermont since 96.4% of Vermont's addicts are white.

Vermont Substance Abuse Statistics ... National Substance Abuse Index

But I don't believe any race is responsible for the ruination of Vermont.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:02 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,240,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by western mass and love it View Post
wouldnt' have to be on the lookout if the majority of VT plates in Holyoke weren't there buying heroin. But I don't think if you are in the area of the mall that the cops would bother you,but if you are in the flats then i would guess that a cop would think you were way out of your element and want to see why you were in the area.
Unless you have done something wrong "It's NONE of their business."

Old 02-01-2012, 06:14 AM

1,792 posts, read 4,661,915 times
Quote:
Vermont officials say prescription drug abuse in the state is becoming a crisis. They are quickly trying to find ways to address the growing problem.

According to the Burlington Free Press, in 2010 more people were prosecuted in federal court in the state for illicit trafficking of oxycodone and other prescription opioids than for any other drug. Last year, prescription opioids accounted for more than half of the fatal drug overdoses in Vermont, for the sixth straight year. Vermont ranks only second to Maine in per-capita admissions for treatment for addiction to prescription opioids, the article notes. Heroin is an opioid as well. These aren't addicts going to get their fix. These are people who are dealing. The police reports clearly show that. The problem comes in several forms, people from out of state bringing drugs in and people from in state who transport drugs in.
This is not a racial issue. Drugs effect all races. In these cases it is white Vermonters who are feeding the problem. That's the nature of living in the whitest state in the union. Race has nothing to do with it. It's all about money. Dealers could care less if you are black, yellow or white. All they want is the green.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:41 AM

1,822 posts, read 5,132,597 times
Voices from Rutland and deconstructing stereotypes.

Leaving RutVegas | Seven Days

Old 02-01-2012, 03:10 PM

1,475 posts, read 4,142,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I can understand how you may feel white people are ruining Vermont since 96.4% of Vermont's addicts are white.

Vermont Substance Abuse Statistics ... National Substance Abuse Index

But I don't believe any race is responsible for the ruination of Vermont.

which is about the percentage of whites in Vermont. so?

A drug bust in a colchester hotel today.

A Middletown, Conn., woman was arrested on state drug charges Tuesday after she was found with heroin, crack cocaine and powder cocaine at the Days Inn on College Parkway, Colchester police said.
Raven Peres, 34, is due for arraignment in Vermont Superior Court this morning.

sounds irish

Old 02-01-2012, 03:52 PM

1,792 posts, read 4,661,915 times
Quote:
which is about the percentage of whites in Vermont. so?

A drug bust in a colchester hotel today.

A Middletown, Conn., woman was arrested on state drug charges Tuesday after she was found with heroin, crack cocaine and powder cocaine at the Days Inn on College Parkway, Colchester police said.
Raven Peres, 34, is due for arraignment in Vermont Superior Court this morning.

sounds irish
I'm not sure why you are trying to make this a racial issue? Or maybe It's a protectionist stance with the state of Vermont? If this was a racial issue, then I guess It's the white man or woman who is buying all these drugs. The point is many, many people in the state (all backgrounds) have drug addictions, many people are not trustworthy (embezzlement cases), etc. I guess we are not very different compared to many other areas in this country.

I say drop the racial aspect of this thread or close it.

Old 02-01-2012, 04:02 PM

3,459 posts, read 10,267,750 times
Agreed 68vette.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont