Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 03:13 PM

24 posts, read 205,217 times

Advertisements

I'm in a new relationship with a great women ,and I want to have a lot of fun,as well as be romantic....Vermont seems like a great place to have some winter fun.I would prefer a destination in Vermont that has alot of people that's looking to have fun too.It must be snowmobile trails,Cabins and plenty of action going on.Hopefully their is good food too!I'm comeing from Florida .Can anyone help me??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 03:54 PM

2,143 posts, read 8,034,060 times
Stowe. Killington. Jay Peak. Action? Killington is the biggest.

Old 09-08-2008, 04:37 PM

3,459 posts, read 10,269,613 times
Killington is welll known for it's "party" scene. Most other Vermont ski resorts are pretty low key.

Old 09-08-2008, 05:14 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
Okemo is more family oriented, but there are a few nightspots in the area as well as some nice restaurants. There's a snow mobile rental place just outside of town and it is situated on the vast trail.

Should you head up to Killington and have the extra $$$, take this lovely lady of yours to Hemingways for dinner.

Old 09-09-2008, 07:18 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,277,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Okemo is more family oriented, but there are a few nightspots in the area as well as some nice restaurants. There's a snow mobile rental place just outside of town and it is situated on the vast trail.

Should you head up to Killington and have the extra $$$, take this lovely lady of yours to Hemingways for dinner.
Tell me a bit more about Hemingway's. I did go on their website. Your opinion, what is unique about this restaurant? Is it the atmosphere, the extensive wine list, the meal? Did you ever have their seafood? I am asking because this is not the first time I have heard of this restaurant. I am curious. Do you feel it is worth the hour and a half trip for me?

Old 09-09-2008, 08:07 AM

I haven't been there, but one of my friends has and has done nothing but rave about it. He said it is pricey -- this coming from a guy who is making some decent money. I don't remember what he said he ordered, but he raved about the meal, the wine pairing, etc.

I really want to try it but I am in the same position -- distance. If it were closer I would have given it a whirl, but it is too far.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:41 AM

1,822 posts, read 5,133,363 times
Default Hemingway's

I've had some extraordinary meals at Hemingway's, and they did wonders preparing a vegan menu upon my request (they always have a wonderful vegetarian selection).

Still, even with someone else paying, I always left thinking about how many animals I could have had spayed and neutered for all that money, or how many hungry humans I could have helped feed. (I had the same thoughts in April when Delta canceled my flight and put me in first class on another flight -- the lives we could save for the money people pay to have some frills!)

So I would say that if it would not hurt your wallet too much, and if you can truly enjoy an extremely expensive meal no matter who's paying, then it's worth the experience.

Click here to check it out and click here to see the menu & prices.

Last edited by Sherylcatmom; 09-09-2008 at 08:43 AM.. Reason: Added salient info

Old 09-10-2008, 06:11 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,277,283 times
Do you think they have an early bird?! SherylCat, I just checked out the menu and prices !! I think I'll stay with Sully's in Brandon.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:19 PM

1,822 posts, read 5,133,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLIER View Post
Do you think they have an early bird?! SherylCat, I just checked out the menu and prices !! I think I'll stay with Sully's in Brandon.
See what I mean?!?! With the Vermont's first stationary low-cost spay/neuter clinic up and operating, I could have 5-10 cats altered instead of a meal at H's! That's why I have a hard time with it even when someone else is taking us there.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherylcatmom View Post
See what I mean?!?! With the Vermont's first stationary low-cost spay/neuter clinic up and operating, I could have 5-10 cats altered instead of a meal at H's! That's why I have a hard time with it even when someone else is taking us there.
Those H prices are Manhattan prices -- while I would love to try the place, I can't justify the cost.

As for cost -- I have to keep the clinic in mind for the next time I need someone neutered. I had part of my pack at the vet (on LI) yesterday; I saw the neuter price list -- almost $500 to neuter a male dog over 50 lbs!

To bring this back on topic:

Has the OP given any consideration to the area he is interested in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont