Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 10:45 AM

12 posts, read 69,938 times

Advertisements

Mad river has narrow trails, no snowmaking and slow lifts, with 125 acres its small. But it has a cult following. Best thing about mad river valley is acces to 3 areas and an hour to stowe....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 01:02 PM

5,439 posts, read 16,863,723 times
What is Moretown like - obviously a very small town I think just with a general store and PO right? we know all about the MRV (if you didn't know from my 19 other posts about the area).

I know it goes to Harwood Union high.

there is a place in the "common condos" , up Mountain Rd that is in our low low price range we thought we might check out.

Old 10-15-2010, 12:05 PM

6 posts, read 6,378 times
I love living in the Mad River Valley. Besides from being out west, like in Tahoe, it is hard to find areas that can connect you to so many areas without driving very far. I've lived in an area that only has one mountain within a 3 hour drive and going there so often mad it boring from skiing the same old thing and I also became irritable with the drive back and forth. Having 3 mountains really lets you mix things up!!!

Old 10-15-2010, 09:39 PM

2,186 posts, read 6,825,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe moving View Post
What is Moretown like - obviously a very small town I think just with a general store and PO right? we know all about the MRV (if you didn't know from my 19 other posts about the area).

I know it goes to Harwood Union high.

there is a place in the "common condos" , up Mountain Rd that is in our low low price range we thought we might check out.
Wow, this is an old thread. Moretown Commons is low price for a reason. I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole but you should go check them out for yourselves. Moretown is a nice town, the small elementary school is right in the village.

Old 10-17-2010, 06:14 PM

Sorry for bringing up the old thread. There wasn't much on Moretown and I didn't want to start a new one. Common Condos was not our favorite place.

Old 10-28-2010, 12:25 PM

MRV or others, I don't suppose you know if there is any good hiking right from the Butternut hill or Sugar Run condos.

It would be real nice to be able to walk from where we live or vacation or whatever. I hate to schlep in the car to go for a hike.

Old 10-28-2010, 04:12 PM

2,186 posts, read 6,825,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe moving View Post
MRV or others, I don't suppose you know if there is any good hiking right from the Butternut hill or Sugar Run condos.

It would be real nice to be able to walk from where we live or vacation or whatever. I hate to schlep in the car to go for a hike.
Butternut.......no, Sugar Run....definately as it is hooked into Vermont's Catamount Trail.

Quote:
Mad river has narrow trails, no snowmaking and slow lifts, with 125 acres its small. But it has a cult following. Best thing about mad river valley is acces to 3 areas and an hour to stowe....
MRG is actually one of Vermont's larger ski hills with 2000vf and the 125 acres is just for the the trails. Part of MRG's specialness is all the sking off piste, especially off the single chair. Narrow trails is a plus IMHO but the no snowmaking is a problem in that 2 out of the last 3 years they were unable to open for the Xmas holiday. Ski It If You Can!

Old 10-28-2010, 04:55 PM

oh wow that is cool.. thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont