Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 08:28 AM

3,689 posts, read 10,415,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
I actually play on xbl....are cheats available for multiplayer on xbox?
I do not know if there are cheats per se in the XBL version, I do know there are exploits that some can use on the maps. The most well known have been fixed in all versions, but these give you an unfair advantage of reaching points on the map that were never meant to be accessible, like being under the map, which would allow you to kill from underneath without being able to be killed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 08:34 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,884,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
I do not know if there are cheats per se in the XBL version, I do know there are exploits that some can use on the maps. The most well known have been fixed in all versions, but these give you an unfair advantage of reaching points on the map that were never meant to be accessible, like being under the map, which would allow you to kill from underneath without being able to be killed.
Ah yes...more commonly known as 'glitches'....those I am aware of.

I have also heard that on the Xbox/PS3, rogue controllers can be modified for speed/agility...and I have occasionally seen players that seem to move faster than others.

Old 06-06-2009, 08:35 AM

4,079 posts, read 10,390,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
I actually play on xbl....are cheats available for multiplayer on xbox?
no you can't use cheats on xbox live for multiplayer

Old 06-06-2009, 08:04 PM

1,333 posts, read 3,224,407 times
Wallhacks are the most common hacks but AIMBOTS are becoming more available for free. An Aimbot is where it will aim at an opposing players head on its own, giant pain in the butt.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:21 AM

65 posts, read 125,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
no you can't use cheats on xbox live for multiplayer
haha yea you can cheat on xbox ever heard of mods (Godmode,infinite Health and noclip)

Old 06-09-2009, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aedan View Post
haha yea you can cheat on xbox ever heard of mods (Godmode,infinite Health and noclip)
exactly- they're called mods...if you get caught using any of that in online multiplayer your account is cancelled

Old 06-09-2009, 04:17 AM

1 posts, read 2,639 times
I Play CoD WaW on PS3 Graphics Bill

PSN: Deadly-Pigeon

Old 06-09-2009, 06:15 AM

65 posts, read 125,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
exactly- they're called mods...if you get caught using any of that in online multiplayer your account is cancelled
Right. like that gonna stop cheaters they just make a another account. There a lot of undetectable hacks out there that punkbuster dont even pick up on. Most cheater dont even care about the accounts they just do it to annoy other players.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aedan View Post
Right. like that gonna stop cheaters they just make a another account. There a lot of undetectable hacks out there that punkbuster dont even pick up on. Most cheater dont even care about the accounts they just do it to annoy other players.
That's not the point- cheating or IS NOT permitted online. I think that was the original question.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:35 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,880,115 times
Cheating on online PC games is almost at epidemic proportions. I used to play a game online with punkbuster, etc. Got really tired of being hit from behind walls and from the other side of the map. The amount of cheaters that got caught daily would fill up pages (it was published). Most of them would create new I.D.s and go online again. Those are the ones that get caught. I would seriously estimate that 1 in 10 are cheating on an online PC game.

For system (xbox and PS3) play it's a little more difficult, but those cretins find a way. The new trend is lag switches. You see your opponent flash away while drawing a bead on him? Could by normal system lag, could be he has a lag switch. Some find exploits - just errors in the game code, which is still cheating. Death to cheaters!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games