Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2007, 02:52 PM

5 posts, read 28,378 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend of 3 years and I recently moved in together after being long distance between Richmond and Manassas. We live in Richmond now but he is considering a job in Chesapeake 2 hours away. I can't move to Chesapeake because there are no jobs there for me, but I don't want us to be seperated again. I was trying to find a middle ground we could live and both commute from. Williamsburg make geographical sense. Can anyone tell me about the commute from Williamsburg to Richmond and, from Williamsburg to Chesapeake. And advice would be much appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2007, 05:17 PM

213 posts, read 1,020,906 times
The 'Burg is not an easy commute to Chesapeake. Will you guys commute "traditional" hours or have some flexibility? any commute to the southside requires using a tunnel - w/ ches at least it is the MMBT, not as bad as the HRBT but still requires I-64E in Hampton which is horrendous.

I know you say no jobs for you - any way you can get a job a little closer to ches at all?

Maybe you guys can consider something like smithfield - his commute OK and yous through hopewell not so bad.

I will say, with each of you commuting an hour each way, each day is it worth it? After a while this will be draining, just something to consider.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia