Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2021, 11:03 PM

4,588 posts, read 6,417,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughLow805 View Post
I'm sure this BBQ place will be great, I think that stretch of businesses in CP where Fat Pete's was located is just hard to access for non-students and BBQ is expensive for students to eat regularly...I love Nando's but I never go to the one in CP just bc it's too hard to access....Just wishful thinking but the owner of Federalist Pig also owns Kramer Books and Ted's Bulletin which would be perfect for Riverdale Park Station and clearly the area is on his radar now.
Rob owns Ted’s Bulletin?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2021, 09:13 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,564,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikerMD View Post
Some interesting updates for the Hyattsville Arts district from https://streetcarsuburbs.news/pedest...along-route-1/

The Rhode Island Avenue Trolley Trail extension moves forward with the MDOT asking for bids.

The Federalist Pig will improve the sidewalks and will include a bike rack.

The Hyattsville Canvas Apartments, 284 units with 32k sqf of retail next to the Armory, received permits to begin demolition. These apartments will have two nice public plazas on their property that I think will improve the whole area in front of Busboys and poets enormously.

I can't wait until that Trolly Trail connection is made. It would provide access from the NW branch trail to the restaurants and shopping along route one. Right now, you have to travel almost a half mile on Rt. 1. Eventually I'd like to have the kids ride with me. With the connection I can make the whole trip without any road travel.

Old 01-16-2022, 03:26 PM

123 posts, read 76,082 times
Interesting, I didn't realize Hyattsville had a whole block of $1 million houses. And they're selling.
https://www.hyattsvillewire.com/2022...uffrage-point/
Quote:
The 16 single-family detached homes and 15 row homes on a triangle of land bordered by Hamilton and Gallatin streets and 41st Avenue were built by Annapolis-based developer Werrlein Properties.

The long-empty WSSC building, which dated to 1939, was torn down in 2019 after local preservationist groups weren’t able to save it.
Four of the homes already have offers and one is under contract.
They're pretty large, new construction, and reasonably close to the amenities in the Arts district and the metro station, but still, $1.13M for Hyattsville is pretty steep!

Old 01-16-2022, 05:27 PM

662 posts, read 782,508 times
That price is ridiculous

Old 03-31-2022, 10:49 AM

Demolition for the Canvas apartments in Hyattsville started! https://www.hyattsvillewire.com/2022...ts-demolition/

This is one of the largest projects in the city ever, and it seems that it will radically improve the Arts district area with its wide sidewalks, two public plazas, and 30k sqft of retail. Expected in 2024

Old 03-31-2022, 11:35 AM

4 posts, read 2,863 times
Quote:
Demolition for the Canvas apartments in Hyattsville started! https://www.hyattsvillewire.com/2022...ts-demolition/

This is one of the largest projects in the city ever, and it seems that it will radically improve the Arts district area with its wide sidewalks, two public plazas, and 30k sqft of retail. Expected in 2024

A shame those historic buildings will be demolished. They're one the major highlights of the Hyattsville Arts District.

Old 03-31-2022, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICYCR View Post
A shame those historic buildings will be demolished. They're one the major highlights of the Hyattsville Arts District.

"Highlights of the Hyattsville Arts District" in which sense? I always saw them dilapidated, eg. this Google street from 2007 before the Ars District even was really a thing.

Old 03-31-2022, 09:34 PM

662 posts, read 782,508 times
Those buildings were a hot mess. They weren't maintained at all.

Old 04-01-2022, 06:04 AM

Quote:
"Highlights of the Hyattsville Arts District" in which sense? I always saw them dilapidated, eg. this Google street from 2007 before the Ars District even was really a thing.

Yes, the area is wonderfully intact as far as its historic structures and huge advantage for it. The historic structures are something that can't be recreated and give the area a dose of character that sets it apart from competing areas in the region. Less, what sets the area apart the most otherwise? The local business make up sure but not to the degree of the architecture and historic buildings. The Arts District doesnt have a metro (or any rail mass transit stop), it's not a corporate destination, it has very little office space and virtually nothing class-A. There's no big institution/organization anchor either. It's also not that large relatively speaking so the critical mass is yet to come. And while I love Prince George's County, its perception is not the best no matter how unfounded it may be.

The developers could have at least integrate the facades of some the historic structures into the development, in particular the white castle looking building/church at the southern corner. The buildings painted pink could have been integrated too. Correct me if I'm wrong but I dont see them in the renderings. Hopefully we dont see anymore of this less it becomes a soul less suburb like Rosslyn, Va.

Sidenote, aren't those MARC rail lines passing by? Wonder why there's no stop there but there's one at Riverdale which is far less developed. How odd.

Old 04-01-2022, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingbutnotlost View Post
Those buildings were a hot mess. They weren't maintained at all.

Wouldn't the developer fix them up like what usually happens with historic structures? Also the white castle/church building at the southern corner doesn't look poorly maintained.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland