Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2013, 12:50 PM

18 posts, read 25,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesa1974 View Post
Nightlife in DC sucks now but 10-15 years ago it was off the chain. Many of my favorite go go spots and bars are gone. Georgetown used to be the place to be on Friday and Saturday night. Last summer I went to Park and 14th. It was so wack...
I couldnt agree with you more. The DC nightlife now is noting close to what it used to be say 5-10 years ago. I think it has more to do with clubgoers/bar goers. For one we had less pretentious people. You would go to a club/bar people are real chill, every one wants to have a good time and not tryinng to be baller or socialite. The other thing i have noticed that the nightlife in general became more segregated.

Old 03-08-2013, 06:18 PM

12,924 posts, read 18,765,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDMV View Post
I couldnt agree with you more. The DC nightlife now is noting close to what it used to be say 5-10 years ago. I think it has more to do with clubgoers/bar goers. For one we had less pretentious people. You would go to a club/bar people are real chill, every one wants to have a good time and not tryinng to be baller or socialite. The other thing i have noticed that the nightlife in general became more segregated.
Lots of people who used to go out did so to hook up with someone. Now they hook up online.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:24 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDMV View Post
Maybe you've just gotten older.

Old 03-09-2013, 01:47 AM

373 posts, read 821,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerstars View Post

Sadly, this is typical for many DC bars. All the surplus women are busy frumping it up at home eating ice cream and reading wonkette/Jezebel lamenting why they can't meet Mr. Right and how there are no guys in DC, despite the fact this area is infested with men to a gross degree.
LOL. Not going to lie, I find a Friday night with Jezebel preferable to most bar scenes, in which douches are overrepresented and foster the perception that there are few worthwhile guys in DC. I go out when I have plans with friends. I don't go out to meet random dudes. Even when I was younger, that never led to anything other than drama. I meet guys through friends, work, and activities going about my daily life.

I think the key to enjoying a social life, dating, etc. is the natural aspect of it, in other words being able to get to know people in their natural habitats rather than through superficial posing situations. (I include Meetup and any other forced socializing in the superficial category.) Sometimes I date online, but mostly I think those sites are just a repository for people who fail at life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesa1974 View Post
Nightlife in DC sucks now but 10-15 years ago it was off the chain. Many of my favorite go go spots and bars are gone. Georgetown used to be the place to be on Friday and Saturday night. Last summer I went to Park and 14th. It was so wack...
The only people I know trying to maintain the same nightlife they did 10-15 years ago are the Peter Pan / man-child types. Most people, whether they've partnered up or not, [should] grow out of the hang-out-at-the-bar-looking-for-a-hookup scene.

Old 03-09-2013, 08:30 AM

456 posts, read 1,170,397 times
DC has some of the worst "clubs" I've ever seen. It will never compare to NYC, LA, Vegas, Miami etc. But everyone already knows that. I think it's something most people have accepted a long time ago and just deal with now.

Old 03-09-2013, 08:53 AM

339 posts, read 837,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seiketsu View Post
I go out when I have plans with friends. I don't go out to meet random dudes. Even when I was younger, that never led to anything other than drama. I meet guys through friends, work, and activities going about my daily life.
Read the words above carefully fellas. This the how the vast majority of DC women think about nightlife.

Single men in this city should do the smart thing and utilize the 3 major airports we have here(EVERY WEEKEND). NYC is a bus/train ride away. You can head to Miami on the cheap.

Go to cities where women are looking to meet men.

Old 03-09-2013, 10:12 AM

456 posts, read 1,170,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh8 View Post
Read the words above carefully fellas. This the how the vast majority of DC women think about nightlife.

Single men in this city should do the smart thing and utilize the 3 major airports we have here(EVERY WEEKEND). NYC is a bus/train ride away. You can head to Miami on the cheap.

I wouldn't just blame the women. DC people in general focus more on their careers than anything else. That's why it's hard to meet decent people who are looking for something more. Also, DC is Hollywood for ugly people, so that's another issue. Too many ugos! It's not just a stereotype.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:50 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Quote:

That's an interesting conclusion to draw. I would have thought you would say that, since most women think that way, then don't waste your time on clubs and instead meet them doing activities. Women are most definitely looking for men here, just not in the places some men think they are. I've never seen really attractive women at clubs here.

Old 03-09-2013, 03:28 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,694,356 times

Old 03-09-2013, 04:23 PM

720 posts, read 1,555,069 times
Quote:

I read those words and I can definitely tell they went way over your head. She's basically telling you she rather date guys she meets while she's out and about doing her everyday business (i.e. to the grocery store, the post office, local coffee shop, etc.) instead of forced social environments where people can tend to be completely different from when you see them on a random Tuesday. man that's so terrible can you believe she thinks that way
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC