Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2012, 05:34 PM

708 posts, read 1,205,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Heartbreak Kid View Post
They only appear that way. Once they leave, they bad, freaky, nasty...
Lol....true that.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:38 PM

720 posts, read 1,555,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene80 View Post
EHCT just doesn't know what it's like to be in a city with a better male/female ratio than DC. As the saying goes, he's "comfortably numb." If I'd spent all my life in DC I wouldn't know any better, either.

America is generally very tough for males from the dating perspective, compared to other places, but even in this country, DC's sausage fests are nowhere near the norm.
did you even read dude's post where he clearly said he's been to many of the cities mentioned and that he's NOT originally from DC?

Old 01-05-2012, 10:02 AM

320 posts, read 539,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene80 View Post
EHCT just doesn't know what it's like to be in a city with a better male/female ratio than DC. As the saying goes, he's "comfortably numb." If I'd spent all my life in DC I wouldn't know any better, either.

America is generally very tough for males from the dating perspective, compared to other places, but even in this country, DC's sausage fests are nowhere near the norm.
I noticed that you didn’t catch the part in my previous post where I stated that I am not originally from DC but that’s cool. I’d love however, for you to please show me these magical places that I’m missing where the female/male ratio is sooo much better than DC. Just point me in the right direction.

Let me reiterate, if you’re talking about cities like LA or Miami then clearly there is no debate. Those cities are obviously top notch. Your posts are suggesting however that the nightlife in DC offers absolutely nothing for dudes in the way of women. If you want to say that the vibe and atmosphere in DC isn’t your thing, I can get that. But, to suggest that there are just hordes of guys partying everywhere with women nowhere to be found is simply inaccurate. There wouldn’t be so many guys hitting the clubs every weekend if there weren’t any women around. Just my opinion.

Old 01-05-2012, 11:05 AM

349 posts, read 991,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EHCT View Post
I noticed that you didn’t catch the part in my previous post where I stated that I am not originally from DC but that’s cool. I’d love however, for you to please show me these magical places that I’m missing where the female/male ratio is sooo much better than DC. Just point me in the right direction.

Let me reiterate, if you’re talking about cities like LA or Miami then clearly there is no debate. Those cities are obviously top notch. Your posts are suggesting however that the nightlife in DC offers absolutely nothing for dudes in the way of women. If you want to say that the vibe and atmosphere in DC isn’t your thing, I can get that. But, to suggest that there are just hordes of guys partying everywhere with women nowhere to be found is simply inaccurate. There wouldn’t be so many guys hitting the clubs every weekend if there weren’t any women around. Just my opinion.
lol

http://www.city-data.com/forum/19475246-post6.html

This is where I posted real-life pictures of DC nightclubs. You may find it helpful to browse some of these pics and see what life is like here.

Every weekend, hordes of DC guys hit the local bars out of sheer desperation and boredom. They go home just as frustrated as when they got here. If you've never been to any of the local nightlife venues, feel free to educate yourself by checking out Dupont Circle, Adams Morgan, and K Street.

No, I was not talking about LA, LA has an even worse ratio. I was talking about New York, Jersey, Boston, and Chicago, the northeastern cities.

To conclude my posts here, all I can say is that anyone who claims DC has large numbers of women obviously hasn't lived here for any amount of time or hasn't ever gone out here. DC is in fact a sausage fest and it's unfortunate that new users browsing this site may come across info that says otherwise. But I did my part to educate everyone.

Last edited by Eugene80; 01-05-2012 at 11:22 AM..

Old 01-05-2012, 12:09 PM

1,176 posts, read 3,181,663 times
The DC area has lots of women. But the District of Columbia is just one part of the greater metro area, that includes large populations in Virginia and Maryland. People commute. I worked in DC area for a few years, but lived within the District of Columbia relatively briefly. I lived more in Maryland (mainly Silver Spring). Yes, there are a lot of people very job-oriented and who talk just about work, but there are also lots of just normal folks, if you look around, and if you expand your horizons. L.A. is an absolutely huge area, covering much more geography than DC, and, of course, people use the term "Los Angeles" often to cover not just the City of Los Angeles or even the wider County of Los Angeles, but even adjoining counties, such as Orange County.

I never did well meeting women in nightclubs, anyway. Always felt more comfortable in activity groups, including the Sierra Club, Ski Club of Washington, and the many Hash House Harrier (running/walking/beer drinking) groups in the area (also found worldwide). Others enjoy meeting people at churches. I think nightclubs can be great fun, to dance and hear music, but anyone going there to meet people and going home frustrated shouldn't be surprised.

Old 03-06-2013, 03:09 PM

12,922 posts, read 18,765,744 times
In my experience in DC there are hordes of guys partying and dancing in bars with no women around. I'm gay.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:43 AM

465 posts, read 928,495 times
Quote:
In my experience in DC there are hordes of guys partying and dancing in bars with no women around. I'm gay.
It's like this at straight bars, too. Unless that's what you were referring to, which makes your observation even more poignant.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:29 PM

431 posts, read 659,936 times
Nightlife in DC sucks now but 10-15 years ago it was off the chain. Many of my favorite go go spots and bars are gone. Georgetown used to be the place to be on Friday and Saturday night. Last summer I went to Park and 14th. It was so wack...

Old 03-07-2013, 01:30 PM

465 posts, read 928,495 times

Sadly, this is typical for many DC bars. All the surplus women are busy frumping it up at home eating ice cream and reading wonkette/Jezebel lamenting why they can't meet Mr. Right and how there are no guys in DC, despite the fact this area is infested with men to a gross degree.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:17 PM

2,010 posts, read 3,459,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerstars View Post

Sadly, this is typical for many DC bars. All the surplus women are busy frumping it up at home eating ice cream and reading wonkette/Jezebel lamenting why they can't meet Mr. Right and how there are no guys in DC, despite the fact this area is infested with men to a gross degree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC