Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 12:15 PM

73 posts, read 123,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomason View Post
I am gay and I cant tell you 100% there are many, many married men out there cruising for gay sex. It cracks me up because these guys have no balls to be themselves. If you don't believe me, hang out at a park along the Potomac near dark.

I've never been to Columbia Heights WSC so IDK for sure about there. There also aren't many married people in general in Columbia Heights, so that could easily explain that.
Nobody said - here or anywhere else - that there aren't "married" men who cruise around looking to bang dudes. Sure it happens. Is it a large %? No. Sometimes when that is all people look for that is all people see...never mind the hundreds of openly gay men who meet in this park or locker room in the course of a month, lets talk about the 10 "married" men who showed up. Never mind the thousands of men and women who passed this park/gym/club without any thought to joining in at all.

Also, these things are never accidental. I'm sure many gay men here enjoy the fantasy of seducing a seemingly "straight" man - my gay friend admitted that this is a common desire amongst at least his circle of friends - but, it doesn't work that way. People aren't just accidentally wandering into this kind of thing and deciding to hop in and participate. These meet ups are most often planned. Groups (regardless of orientation) have chat rooms, forums, code words on classified ads, for this exact kind of thing. People post locations they have scoped out, and which have no cameras, or have an attendant working the desk who will be turning off the camera, or they find dark places in public which offer cover for this kind of stuff.

Old 10-08-2014, 12:17 PM

33 posts, read 34,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
holy cow and can't believe what I am reading. Although, I am a bit relieved that it is gays we are talking about. I was about to say that I have been missing out big time but I am not gay so... But hey, that's good for those that indulge.
You ain't lying, brother. I was thinking the same thing.

Old 10-08-2014, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatbush260 View Post

You ain't cosigning on that are you?

Old 10-08-2014, 02:09 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,544,954 times
Too bad they haven't invented hotel rooms yet so that heterosexual men can just go to the gym and work out without stumbling into a gay sex scene.

Old 10-09-2014, 04:23 AM

22 posts, read 65,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Biscuits View Post
Nobody said - here or anywhere else - that there aren't "married" men who cruise around looking to bang dudes. Sure it happens. Is it a large %? No. Sometimes when that is all people look for that is all people see...never mind the hundreds of openly gay men who meet in this park or locker room in the course of a month, lets talk about the 10 "married" men who showed up. Never mind the thousands of men and women who passed this park/gym/club without any thought to joining in at all.

Also, these things are never accidental. I'm sure many gay men here enjoy the fantasy of seducing a seemingly "straight" man - my gay friend admitted that this is a common desire amongst at least his circle of friends - but, it doesn't work that way. People aren't just accidentally wandering into this kind of thing and deciding to hop in and participate. These meet ups are most often planned. Groups (regardless of orientation) have chat rooms, forums, code words on classified ads, for this exact kind of thing. People post locations they have scoped out, and which have no cameras, or have an attendant working the desk who will be turning off the camera, or they find dark places in public which offer cover for this kind of stuff.

Exactly.

Just this week, I have walked into the locker room and noticed the regulars who spend almost all of their time in the shower/sauna area. Some don't even make their way to the workout area. You can walk into the locker room an hour later and the same dudes are hanging out and waiting for their next rendezvous. My thought is often, "we can see you trolling the joint. Aren't you embarrassed?" But, after hearing these guys on this thread asking what business is it of mine...well, I guess they don't care enough to be embarrassed. That's just sad. I also cannot understand the dudes who feel the need to have a extended conversations on their cellphones in the changing area. Why can't they get dressed, leave, and then have all the conversation they want?

Old 10-09-2014, 07:00 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,969,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatbush260 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Biscuits View Post
You ain't cosigning on that are you?
Here is the thing, I am not gay so it doesn't interest me. But I totally get this. I am have been part of it on the straight side of things while overseas for many years. It's a place that many don't understand. It's a culture, a way of life for some. The thrill is like a drug. My time spent overseas in thailand (sin city of the world) living in the former soviet republic, and all these other wild places puts these little gym joints to shame. In thailand, you could be at the bar having a drink with friends while getting a BJ underneat the table.

I use to walk into a places in thailand in broad day light and totally legal where I had to choose among 30 women behind a glass door and would receive a hot bath, massage, followed by full service. I would regularly get hopped on while having a message at a hotel in yangon burma. At first I wasn't used to it but that went away quickly. Thailand has a few forums on places to visit and rate experiences.

Not everyone is into this kind of stuff and many have no clue about the physiological effects when that rush hits you. It's like cocaine for many. It certainly is for me. I would take that feeling over any drug or alcohol.

Swinging Heaven > UK Dogging

For doggers dogging in the UK. ... Dogging is a predominantly British activity that involves outdoor exhibitionism in car-parks, wooded areas and the like.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:37 AM

1,630 posts, read 2,358,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Here is the thing, I am not gay so it doesn't interest me. But I totally get this. I am have been part of it on the straight side of things while overseas for many years. It's a place that many don't understand. It's a culture, a way of life for some. The thrill is like a drug. My time spent overseas in thailand (sin city of the world) living in the former soviet republic, and all these other wild places puts these little gym joints to shame. In thailand, you could be at the bar having a drink with friends while getting a BJ underneat the table.

I use to walk into a places in thailand in broad day light and totally legal where I had to choose among 30 women behind a glass door and would receive a hot bath, massage, followed by full service. I would regularly get hopped on while having a message at a hotel in yangon burma. At first I wasn't used to it but that went away quickly. Thailand has a few forums on places to visit and rate experiences.

Not everyone is into this kind of stuff and many have no clue about the physiological effects when that rush hits you. It's like cocaine for many. It certainly is for me. I would take that feeling over any drug or alcohol.

Swinging Heaven > UK Dogging

For doggers dogging in the UK. ... Dogging is a predominantly British activity that involves outdoor exhibitionism in car-parks, wooded areas and the like.

Except this is not legal here in DC or in the US. I am not talking about swinging clubs per se, I am talking about setting up swinging/sex clubs in gyms

The cops should take action against all gyms/fitness centers where this is occuring and put an end to this nonsense.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:00 AM

Half amazing that is completely unrelated. You are talking basically about sex tourism.

Those women in Thailand and Russia don't just walk around as horny as your average dude handing out blowjobs like candy for the hell of it, plus if you abuse them or don't pay them then you get a visit from her "boss".

There are swinger meet ups and clubs in the US (even in DC) but they are designed for that. People usually join these services or clubs for the purpose of participating with others with similar desires, in a private and somewhat controlled setting. This meet up of dudes in a commercial space paid for by members to only work out, shower and store their belongings is not the place for it. No matter your sexual proclivity, you do not need to do it in public , in the day at a gym. Keep your secrets in your own bedroom, or at least in a setting where everyone else is there for the same thing. It's called decency.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:03 AM

494 posts, read 849,589 times
But it's not clear from the OPs post (and he hasn't clarified in later posts) that he has seen or heard people having sex. I think we all agree that needs to be dealt with because it's gross. But if it's just guys hitting on one another, and it makes you uncomfortable, I'm not really sure what the solution is. Go to management and say "I think these people are headed towards having sex later. Please watch them." And what are the cops going to do if all it is is trolling for potential partners?
So is it guys having sex in public (disgusting and illegal) or guys aggressively hitting on one another (uncomfortable for OP, but in the end none of his business)?

Old 10-09-2014, 09:10 AM

2,503 posts, read 3,539,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK12 View Post
The cops should take action against all gyms/fitness centers where this is occuring and put an end to this nonsense.
Why? Is it illegal for consenting adults, in a privately owned and operated venue, to do what they may? Just down 14th Street is a bathhouse, another commercial venue whose entire purpose is to provide a paid space for sexual encounters. Granted, it's not a space straight people would ever stroll into unawares, but it has legally existed for decades.

You're perfectly within your rights to complain to the gym's management: they can enforce rules on behavior within their establishment (and, as a family friendly establishment, probably do have such rules), and decide whether they want your business or the cruisers' business. Complaining to the cops is a waste of time and resources.

BTW, I would concur that most of these guys are probably openly gay. They might be interested in the exhibitionist thrill, they might be turned on by the highly gendered space of the locker room, they might just realize that the guys there are hot. Why don't the cruisers all just go to the bathhouse? Well, why do straight men insist on trying to meet women in public? As someone upthread said, it's complicated, but so is sexual desire. Besides, you really can't pretend that straight people are incapable of being equally nasty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Andre Betancourt View Post
Just this week, I have walked into the locker room and noticed the regulars who spend almost all of their time in the shower/sauna area. Some don't even make their way to the workout area. You can walk into the locker room an hour later and the same dudes are hanging out and waiting for their next rendezvous. My thought is often, "we can see you trolling the joint. Aren't you embarrassed?"
Is it the trolling that bothers you, or actual sexual activity? There's really not a whole lot to be done about the former. Welcome to how straight women feel, I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: