Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2015, 12:49 PM

144 posts, read 259,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
I didn't think the average fine-looking female likes talking to a stranger on a train. For the most part, it seems like it creeps them out for some reason, so they just keep their mouths shut.
This is true which is why I also said that, statistically, it works in my favor to chat up women on metro. I've actually held score and for the past year of doing this, I average 1 out of 8 (leading to a date that is). How many emails, smiles, winks, etc have you send to women online? I read somewhere that the average for a good looking male with a good profile and a high income to get a response is 1 out of 10, and for an average looking male is something like 1 out of 30.

I'm more in the average looking category and they have no idea what my wealth factor is - so I'll take 1 out of 8 anyday.

Btw, you usually know if they want to talk if they don't give short, pointed answers or look away
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2015, 02:06 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,401,825 times
^ I guess it is better than wasting your time fantasizing online, since you put it that way.
Don't be surprised if you get tired of trying for that 1 out of 8 on the train after while tho.

Old 03-16-2015, 03:53 PM

1,795 posts, read 3,627,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cra2ybeautiful View Post
I DID read what you wrote and you said what i quoted and you bragged about the "Anesthetist" who made around 200k in this area and "she couldn't keep her hands off of me" and "brought up sexual things she wanted to do with me" Need I go on?
You focused on 2 chicks I went out with last week in this post and you're making assumptions about me as a person in your last rant before that. Seriously, move on.

Old 03-16-2015, 05:02 PM

814 posts, read 911,224 times
Yall should just get married, make your life a lot easier

Old 03-16-2015, 05:37 PM

417 posts, read 594,411 times
Steven1 that is what everyone is trying to do.

Old 03-16-2015, 06:08 PM

You can't be so picky I mean come on is your happiness with someone really that dependent on what school they graduated from? I'm a skilled tradesmen, my significant other is s college grad, deans list, high GPA, we've been together 22 years, my college was the US Army followed by a tech school where I recieved credentials in mechanics and refrigeration.

I think too you younger folks got a bad deal, you were told to go to college and you did just to find out you are now in debt, lucky to get a job, which kept your generation from starting families and buying homes. Not your fault, you guys were lied too, the education system in our country is severely broken.

Then we have family values which do not appear to be as strong today as they once were. Technology, consumerism, greedy corporations, destroyed a lot of it but one if the greatest social networks ever created was a camp fire with tent under the stars. A few good friends, your boy or girl, that's how we used to get together cause believe it it not facebook was once non existent, if you wanted to date someone you asked them face to face, you didn't hide behind the computer.

Old 03-16-2015, 09:09 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,969,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
What do you have against smart women in Kansas City ��
Not sure what you are asking because the purpose of my post wasn't to undermine anyone from Kansas.

The point that I was trying to make is the offset contradiction of women that claim that men in this area are only looking for status type women. Bizarrely enough, they themselves have a tendency to complain that they can't find men but go on to list their credentials as if having a double master is suppose give headway in the DC dating scene. A person won't list their credentials in a place like LA or a place like Newark New Jersey because that isn't the texture of those areas. These areas aren't fixated on having multiple degrees as DC and some Northern States do.

But going back to Kansas, if someone is from Kansas, whether male or female, one can't expect to find the same type of good ole traditional Kansas intelligent mate here in DC. It's a different texture and you tend to adapt to environment based on your new founded social circle. Some refuse to conform and stick to their traditional ways with the hopes of finding like minded. These are the ones that often complain because they don't understand that dating dynamics change in every place you go based on people's social and career lifestyles. But then you have the others like me that initially complain but then realize and accept, not conform, but accept.

Old 03-16-2015, 09:38 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,969,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVEN 1 View Post
You can't be so picky I mean come on is your happiness with someone really that dependent on what school they graduated from? I'm a skilled tradesmen, my significant other is s college grad, deans list, high GPA, we've been together 22 years, my college was the US Army followed by a tech school where I recieved credentials in mechanics and refrigeration.

I think too you younger folks got a bad deal, you were told to go to college and you did just to find out you are now in debt, lucky to get a job, which kept your generation from starting families and buying homes. Not your fault, you guys were lied too, the education system in our country is severely broken.

Then we have family values which do not appear to be as strong today as they once were. Technology, consumerism, greedy corporations, destroyed a lot of it but one if the greatest social networks ever created was a camp fire with tent under the stars. A few good friends, your boy or girl, that's how we used to get together cause believe it it not facebook was once non existent, if you wanted to date someone you asked them face to face, you didn't hide behind the computer.
Very interesting and also to add to this, the psychological impact of this new "swipe" culture on dating apps/sites is tremendous. It turns the people that are easily influenced into swipers and always looking for the next best thing. It literally is that you swipe yes or no based on a profile photo. Most times one doesn't even wait 2 seconds before deciding yes or no. If two like each other, they get in contact and hope for the best. But it isn't natural and it is becoming more and more of a dismissive world. This is why you have the same people going on multiple dates year after year after year. But like many men/women, if you have a SO and only using these apps for a simple POA, then it's all good, I am not hating. I do it too so don't judge me.

Online dating is an excuse and has a lot of problems. Yes, it works and is great for many but it isn't natural and breeds a space of picky, crazy, narcissistic, and shallow people that brag about the status of their dates and how much money they make. Listen, judges and lawyers spliff cocaine and do just fine. Two bearded men lay in bed and attempt to procreate isn't natural but it is legal. (penetration, genital to genital, is a unitive act of procreation so don't try to challenge me)

The point is that just because it works, is fun, and easy to use and or legal, doesn't make it natural and or a healthy place for most people IN A TRADITIONAL RELATIONSHIP sense. It doesn't work for most people who follow the traditional pre-internet style of courtship. Online dating promotes multiple dating and trying to figure out who to date. Some women and men rely on the 3 queue rule which means that they have always have 3 people on queue similar to a bachelor/bachelorette game show. Again, why you have people reporting on several dates in one week to FAILURE.

Result, same people year after year still complaining and without a long term commitment. It has happened to me back in the day so I know.

p.s., I am not attacking or pointing anyone out. It is the culture of online dating and some people choose to be more vocal of their experiences than others which makes it easier to support my statements as I have had the same personal experiences.

Old 03-17-2015, 06:09 PM

When I was in high school if you liked a girl our internet was writing a note a passing it under the desk.

Old 03-17-2015, 06:42 PM

1,795 posts, read 3,627,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Very interesting and also to add to this, the psychological impact of this new "swipe" culture on dating apps/sites is tremendous. It turns the people that are easily influenced into swipers and always looking for the next best thing. It literally is that you swipe yes or no based on a profile photo. Most times one doesn't even wait 2 seconds before deciding yes or no. If two like each other, they get in contact and hope for the best. But it isn't natural and it is becoming more and more of a dismissive world. This is why you have the same people going on multiple dates year after year after year. But like many men/women, if you have a SO and only using these apps for a simple POA, then it's all good, I am not hating. I do it too so don't judge me.

Online dating is an excuse and has a lot of problems. Yes, it works and is great for many but it isn't natural and breeds a space of picky, crazy, narcissistic, and shallow people that brag about the status of their dates and how much money they make. Listen, judges and lawyers spliff cocaine and do just fine. Two bearded men lay in bed and attempt to procreate isn't natural but it is legal. (penetration, genital to genital, is a unitive act of procreation so don't try to challenge me)

The point is that just because it works, is fun, and easy to use and or legal, doesn't make it natural and or a healthy place for most people IN A TRADITIONAL RELATIONSHIP sense. It doesn't work for most people who follow the traditional pre-internet style of courtship. Online dating promotes multiple dating and trying to figure out who to date. Some women and men rely on the 3 queue rule which means that they have always have 3 people on queue similar to a bachelor/bachelorette game show. Again, why you have people reporting on several dates in one week to FAILURE.

Result, same people year after year still complaining and without a long term commitment. It has happened to me back in the day so I know.

p.s., I am not attacking or pointing anyone out. It is the culture of online dating and some people choose to be more vocal of their experiences than others which makes it easier to support my statements as I have had the same personal experiences.
I agree that Inernet dating breeds serial dating. I do it and have had some great dates and yet some never reply when I reach out asking them out again. It sucks if you're looking for a relationship because of all the people you meet who just see you as one of several dates planned for the week. If you're just interestrd in dating it's a lot of fun since its easy to date. I've done it several times on and off thoughout my time here and have seen the same women on it. I figure they've been on at least 100 dates if they've been doing it for at least 2 years. Obviously they're looking for something that doesn't exist and haven't wised up yet and maybe they never will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: