Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2015, 02:56 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,983,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chariega View Post
How is there any way to compare George Clooney and Jeter to the run of the mill dude in DC? This isn't even an accurate comparison when most men here are not actors or athletes. I could see that comparison work in a place like LA where more men are focused on their appearance, but in DC? HAHAHA
But you are making my point exactly Chariega. I need more time with you but I know other thoughts from different posters will come between us. It comes down to social dynamics and the understanding of it.

Clooney and Jeter comparison has absolutely nothing to do with the run of the mill dude in DC. Absolutely nothing. I was refering to your comment age in saying that DC Bossman at his age was able to contrast and understand the social dynamics surrounding these guys. These types, and there are many jeter/clooney types, ride solo when chick hunting. They are the leaders of the pack.

Same way both women and men in the DC area should be able to contrast the different social dynamics but many don't and why they fail. The one with hard times often chase those that aren't part of their circle, which doesn't necessarily have anything to do with age or financial status but on a deeper genic level. Jeter, no matter his status, will always attract models. Clooney, will always attract a certain type of woman and their ages will get younger as he ages. I know many struggling clooneys and they pick up like magnets and they aren't even wealthy.

That's why Eastern European woman love men. Strong confident men. Many of them don't like the brad pitts or the boyish look. They are looking for strength and a lot has to do with where they are from and the harsh conditions in eastern europe. Why do you think so many from that region are tall with big backs? So many scrawny fratty men in DC will go chasing russian or serbian women and be met with a stop. Ever see the Serbian bouncers in town? Their world strongest men in that region crush rocks with their bare hands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2015, 03:07 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,950,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I'm beginning to see your point. Sounds like some of these guys belong on the Relationships forum, where they'll learn very quickly that they are the problems in their dating lives, not the women they meet. Anyone who gets up there and assigns characteristics to an entire gender of people is guilty not only of sexism, but intellectual and emotional sloth. Good luck with that. I can see why the women of DC don't want them.
Yeah I agree they should go there so they can see that their problems are experienced by people who do dating in general. After that I would recommend people talk to a counselor to help them realize it again and learn how to cope with whatever it is they're feeling that leads to resentment or trying to overanalyze everything in search of some truth about X place.

Old 02-06-2015, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Any time someone starts drawing parallels between the average man and George Clooney, I know he's living in a world of hopeful delusion and naivete.

And no, women who are 22-25 generally do not want to deal with men in their 30s, because they themselves are figuring out their careers and who they are.

So much delusion about men, women, and aging here, spewed out by people who aren't even 30 yet. It's a joke.
I don't think we particularly disagree. It wasn’t a comparison that bossman made. And my defending him had more to do with his ability to contrast the social interactions between the Clooney and jeter types, which have nothing to do with DC. It’s just contrasting as emphasizing the difference of social interactions with the women they choose rather than comparing their similarities to the area. There are many of those types of clooneys, of jeters, of you, and me. The human species has only but so many human templates.

You pointing out the age difference is also something I don't disagree with. As I said, it has to do with social circles and understanding how to pair with another congruently, not necessarily having to do with age. Yes, some younger women or men may dabble within another age group but older folks tend to choose more on congruence- status and on a genetic level.

Problem is that in DC, and often, NOT ALWAYS, because of the lack of social dynamic skills and more social networking skills, people chase randomly expecting to get the same congruent results they did when they were in their zone high school, college, or home.

I am going to throw something at you that you perhaps won't understand but it's deep. Below are two videos of George Clooney look-alikes. The difference between the two is life exposure. The look-alike of the top video is a bit more hardened where the look-alike below is a bit more awkward and isn't as confident- contrast. But they work in the field of Business Supplies and Equipment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy76EzqPAwg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK6TVfWFFcU

Old 02-06-2015, 04:10 PM

Here is jeter look-alike. There is also a sense in confidence in this type and the women that are congruently attracted to jeter are also attracted to him. Obviously fame plays a role but there is a 95% chance that the GF/wife of the guy in the video is a bombshell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZjgzQnYBlQ

The difference between Mike the situation and derek is upbringing. But why do you think mike was such a likeable character on the jersey shore show and has since become a star? It's the human template at work.

Old 02-06-2015, 04:23 PM

lastly, congruence has to do with ever lasting, not short term dating. You can pretend to be wealthy and strong but if there is no follow through, things won't work. If a woman pretends to be warm, caring, and loving at first but turns out to be a work-aholic (because of the professional atmoshphere) it won't work.

Men have to choose correctly and women have to open up to who she thinks will have follow through. Men have to seek and women have to choose. It's 2015 but not a thing has changed. It's still all about human mate selection...

Old 02-06-2015, 04:40 PM

8 posts, read 11,989 times
Because they should not have been so picky in their 20s

Old 02-07-2015, 02:34 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,251,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblackalb View Post
Because they should not have been so picky in their 20s
Women don't have to go out with jerks and schlubs at any age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
I am going to throw something at you that you perhaps won't understand but it's deep.
Your condescension is revolting. Sell it somewhere else.

Old 02-09-2015, 03:21 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,756,160 times
It seems I have to remind you all this is the DC forum. Dating in DC is a popular topic and I don't mind it being discussed - as long as it's actually the topic, not just a pretext to post things that would be better suited for the relationship forum.
Yac.

Old 02-09-2015, 10:20 AM

417 posts, read 597,647 times
Dating in DC is unique which is why I posted it here instead of the relationship forum. Most of the posts coming from men for this thread are depressing. It feels like there is no hope for single, older women. I guess it is still a mans world.

Old 02-09-2015, 11:03 AM

1,797 posts, read 3,655,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy1 View Post
Dating in DC is unique which is why I posted it here instead of the relationship forum. Most of the posts coming from men for this thread are depressing. It feels like there is no hope for single, older women. I guess it is still a mans world.
It goes both ways. Dating is no joy ride in general. However, I do think its tough for both sexes here in DC. It's not a man's world or I would be able to find a nice woman. Again, DC is easy to date and hook up. If you're looking for someone long-term I have yet to meet anyone who has. If I got eye contact from women I would make a move most likely. Women rarely give eye contact to anyone in this city, let alone a smile. It's depressing but true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: