Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2011, 04:49 AM

13 posts, read 22,580 times

Advertisements

We are continuing our search for a home and schools for our kids,just recently we found Harbor Point neighborhood and Mukilteo schools,could anyone please give me an idea of how long the commute from this area to harbor view medical center is especially at 6am and again at 6pm.We would also like any information you have to offer regarding Kamiak high school as we have a rising 9th grader,test scores look pretty good,but we are more interested in the size of the school and the general school dynamics as there is a fairly mixed bag of reports on line including one sighting hard drug use at the school,and we acknowledge that that is not a unique problem anywhere but anything that may be useful to settle a new student would be helpful.Thank you all in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 10:19 AM

84 posts, read 180,833 times
School information can be found on greatschools.net

Old 03-18-2011, 11:00 PM

1 posts, read 3,044 times
I live in N. Lynnwood, Mukilteo area and work at Harborview. My shifts are 7a-3p and 7a-7p. I leave for work around 6am and usually have no problem getting in. I get there in 25 minutes and leave time to spare. If I leave later it takes me longer to get there. If I leave after 3:30pm and before 6:15pm it's a longer ride home. Easy ride home leaving after 7pm. My kids go to Serene Lake. My understanding is that Kamiak is a great school.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:11 PM

25 posts, read 91,328 times
Hi Patricia,
We moved from Scottsdale, AZ to Mukilteo, WA in 2008. We lived there for a year, until my husband lost his flying job.
With the Boeing Factory at Paine Field, Mukilteo Speedway can be a mess during rush hours. The ferry traffic can also put a snarl into a commute as well. There are tons of commuters from the ever packed Lake Stevens area that really clog up I-5 during rush hour.

We lived on Harbour Pointe Blvd, not too far away from the High School. We don't have children, but have heard that people specifically moved to Mukilteo because of how good the schools are. As far as drugs & Kamiak , like you said, they are everywhere nowadays.. When we lived there I remember there was a student (or former student) that overdosed on heroin , and someone robbed the Rite Aid at gunpoint for oxycontin, but, drugs are in cities big and small.
Where are you moving from? Have you visited the Mukilteo area before?
I would be happy to answer any questions.
Good Luck and hope this helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington