Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2007, 07:30 PM

336 posts, read 864,490 times

Advertisements

Hi there

My husband just excepted a Job working at Alderwood wastewater in Lynnwood washington. We live in Vancouver washington and have been here 11 yrs and know nothing about Snohomish County. Im on here to get some info on the the best areas to purchase a home. We are looking for a nice area that is family friendly and close nit. an area that has good school rep for our son to atend who will be starting the 5th grade this fall. Also an area to look into that will not make my husbands life a living hell since he is leaving a job where his commute is 65 miles both ways.

Like all families would like to know the nice areas to live and the best school districts there. Our son will be starting the 5th grade and he is in a wonderful school here in vancouver. We are looking for any info we can get on family friendly child friendly neighborhoods and a great school district.

any ifo anyone can put out there will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by scirocco22; 08-21-2007 at 06:31 PM.. Reason: merged two posts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2007, 11:30 AM

22 posts, read 95,854 times
Hi Sykesfamily! Being that your going to be in the Lynnwood area, maybe you can try Mill Creek. It is close by and your husband will not have to fight the awful traffic. There's nice schools, shopping and medical facilities near by. Also near by is Snohomish which is growing and is as well a nice area. Good luck on your move.

Old 08-21-2007, 01:46 PM

3 posts, read 15,617 times
Mill Creek is a nice area and not far from Lynwood plus once you get to know the streets there are plenty of shortcuts to get to Lynwood from MillCreek so you don't have to use the freeways.

Old 08-22-2007, 11:31 PM

Thank you guys so much for the imput. I think millcreek is where we plan to look. My husband will be there starting sept 9th staying with friends. Tey live over there but really can't get any good imput from them on the best areas and school.

Old 08-23-2007, 01:28 AM

9 posts, read 61,831 times
I would actually recommend living in Bothell anywhere in the Northshore school district. I have a Lynnwood Address but am right on the border of Bothell and right on the border of Snohomish County and King county but in Snohomish County. I can get into downtown Lynnwood Alderwood Mall area in about 5 minutes using the backroads. Where I am is in the Northshore School district which is one of the best in the state and wherever I move I will be staying in the Northshore SD.

Old 08-23-2007, 08:49 AM

3,225 posts, read 14,064,393 times
You DO NOT want to be in the Edmonds School District - which serves Lynnwood, Edmonds and a small pocket of the area in Bothell which is in Snohomish County, near Mill Creek.

You will want to be IN the master planned community of Mill Creek, which is the Everett School District - definitely check that it's IN Mill Creek - because neighborhoods use the term MILL CREEK to sell the home, when it's not truely Mill Creek.

Northshore school district is also very good.

Old 08-23-2007, 02:08 PM

143 posts, read 810,064 times
More votes for Mill Creek as well as Snohomish. We lived in Snohomish and our children went to Totem Falls Elementary. The school is in the middle of the neighborhood called The Falls, which is adjacent to Gold Creek as well as some newer areas. If we were to move back, I would look to Gold Creek immediately.

As mentioned earlier, it is easy to take the back/side roads to get to Lynnwood.

Old 08-23-2007, 05:44 PM

Thank you all so much. I have another question is there a good area to look for a rental in any of the areas listed above for those school districts. Like I said we are relocating and would love to have my son in a a good school district since we will be taking him out of one here...but we will be renting until we can find a home and a neighborhood we like, but first we need to sell our home here first before we buy there. any recommendations on where to look for rentals there. Not looking to pay and arm and a leg for rent since our home will be on the market unless we use it as a rental...but just something that will get us in a decent area and our son in a great school.

Old 08-23-2007, 08:31 PM

9 posts, read 61,831 times
try this:

seattle-tacoma craigslist > apts/housing for rent: search for "northshore school"=

I put in northsore schools as the criteria. You can change it. The Canyon park area is where I live that is northshore schools and very shore commute to Lynnwood. So Canyon Park is another good way to search.

Just make sure that you verify that is is indeed northshore SD since the SD map is sort of weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington