Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 11:24 PM

1 posts, read 5,689 times

Advertisements

My family is interested in moving to Twisp in the next year or so. A friend recommended it. We are looking for a small town, all four seasons and reasonable house pricing. I am an LPN so need a medical facility nearby. We are involved in 4H and I would like to know if there is 4H present there. I have tried to find info about it on the internet but there isn't anything there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2007, 11:59 PM

388 posts, read 1,784,524 times
LOL.

Want a small town? You got it.

Nice place if you want rural.

Methow Valley can be quite beautiful.

Lotta snow in the winter, and some blazing hot days in the summer.

If you do move there, stop in the next town up (Winthrop) at a saloon called Three fingered Jack's and hoist a cold one for me.

Not a lot of medical facilities that I remember, but it's been a couple of years since I was last there.

Closest seem to be:

Mid Valley Hospital in Omak
North Valley Hospital in Tonasket and
Okanogan Douglas County Hospital in Brewster

Omak and Brewster each 40-45 miles or so from Twisp, Tonasket about 60

Hope this helps give you a starting point.

Old 03-16-2007, 03:00 AM

9 posts, read 63,858 times
Have you been to Twisp? I just want to make sure you know how tiny it is & how very far away from everything else it is! It's WAY UP there... & WAY OUT there...
So long as being very secluded is okay with you, you'll be okay... I guess. gl! Sorry, I dunno about the 4h up there. Good question though, seeing as there isn't much up there.

Old 03-16-2007, 07:12 AM

Probably is 4H up there, it's pretty "horsey" and "livestocky", but I don't know for sure.

If I had to guess, I'd think there is.

I need to clarify something in my previous post. I said "Methow Valley" as though that were the name of a town, when in fact, it's the general area Twisp is located within. It should have read "The Methow valley".

Hope I didn't confuse anyone.

Old 03-16-2007, 01:00 PM

989 posts, read 2,761,608 times
Default Twisp is about as small as you can yet

If it got any smaller it would be the single residence of a lonely hermit. You literally could fit the entire town's population in 2-3 city busses.

Good luck, I hope you like wheat.

Old 03-16-2007, 01:47 PM

Twisp jokes?

Twist isn't big enough to make jokes about; beyond that, you'd only anger the entire population of the town and when the three of them get angry it's a sight to behold.

Old 03-18-2007, 01:10 AM

20 posts, read 146,539 times
I love the Winthrop/Twisp area!! It would be hard to live there...don't know where someone would work. But we love to vacation there. Just a wonderful town with a lot to do.

Old 03-21-2007, 11:51 AM

3 posts, read 13,133 times
If you can afford it try Chelan, They have a small hospital and they are pricing the mexicans out of the market.

Old 08-02-2007, 04:55 PM

2 posts, read 9,366 times
Default ATTENTION: EileenT

Greetings Eileen,
This is Gabriel John Kullos. I say, "Come to Twisp"
In the Methow Valley it is spiritually thriving, socially lethargic, and rich in culture. If you like nature there is a beautiful loop-loop pass that connects to Hwy-20 to Okanagon. Twisp is about 30 minutes from a city (Okanagon), that could cater to special needs.

Twisp is in a hip and hot country nestled a valley. The river is fun and there are cool spots like Aldermans Hole and to cool off just go a little further up in elevation. In the Fall there is abundance of Organic Foods. We are starting a Whole Food Club, Very Soon, I think our community will get really healthy.

This place is still under construction though; There is like 4 hardware stores. We are in a transition phase; Jana Sue Kennedy, My mom is works in the healing also. We are looking to find and pay a well qualified Indian doctor.

So that's it EilI, Rap up your functions that are expected of you over there. This year, let your family know whats up maybe even invite them to move with you. Goodluck being naturally together and remeber the eye is on you.

Old 08-25-2007, 07:54 PM

29 posts, read 105,282 times
the women greatly out number the men in the twisp area, not sure if its something in the water or if the chicks are killing all their mates ^_^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington