Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 11:59 AM

6,239 posts, read 3,413,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
I have been very impressed with the Olympic Hospital in Port Angeles. When my father fell and broke his femur, they operated, and put in a metal rod. Despite being small, they seem to do good work and are able to handle emergency surgery. I ran up there to help out and stayed a few days until he went to the convalescent hospital which also impressed me (Avamere in Sequim). Admittedly, Sequim does have a high percentage of older people, mostly retirees from CA looking for sunny weather with natural beauty and lower cost like them. Neighbors are very friendly and tend to look out for each other even in the more rural areas.
I agree...PA emergency room faculty is adequate for most, less than life threatening accidents. Sequim ER can handle broken bones and such, but not much more...about the same as PT overall. I think residents in PT uses Harrison hospital in Bremerton some what just as Sequim residents use PA's OMC. After all PA is only 14 miles away...I think its a longer drive for most urban Seattle area residents to a hospital.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2016, 12:45 PM

1,961 posts, read 2,254,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Highway 20 is not the only way to travel to PT from Sequim...if a person has a problem driving on highway 20 during rainy weather or otherwise you could take Center road (highway between PT and Quilcene off from highway 104) or cut off from Highway 20 at Eaglemount which comes out on Center road, there are no bad curves or cliffs on either road.
I find it interesting you mention high speed traffic which I assume you mean on highway 20....the speed limit is 50 mph and only one or two spots where there is any winding road and usually, if you are behind traffic, it is much slower....so I don't really see your concern.
If you want a curvy road to drive try highway 20 between Quilcene and Hoodsport along the Hoods canal especially during rainy weather.

I think any place that is mountainous you will find windy and cliff side roads...nothing different here on the Peninsula. Of course if you are a flat lander......

I have a neighbor who works in PT and says he lives in Sequim instead of PT because of the politics at all levels in PT. Yes, he drives highway 20 five days a week no matter what the weather is.
Thanks for the alternate route, rantiquity.

I am pretty much a flatlander. So I expect to expand my horizons once we move to Sequim. All I remember is that the cliff-side dropoffs with no shoulders to speak of were a bit unsettling and there was an impatient driver kissing my a$$. I normally drive the speed limit plus five but I was going about five under at those spots on 20. Also those driving past in the facing lane seemed to speed by which I suspect was due to the narrow, winding nature of the road coupled with my unfamiliarity and their confidence. Whatever, I didn't particularly like it.

Old 04-10-2016, 02:32 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,531,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
I agree...PA emergency room faculty is adequate for most, less than life threatening accidents. Sequim ER can handle broken bones and such, but not much more...about the same as PT overall. I think residents in PT uses Harrison hospital in Bremerton some what just as Sequim residents use PA's OMC. After all PA is only 14 miles away...I think its a longer drive for most urban Seattle area residents to a hospital.
Sequim has an ER?

Old 04-12-2016, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
Ruth, each year there are notices saying that volunteer trainee/crew members are sought for sailing. You can also learn how to build your own small wooden sailboat. Kids do it as a group project, then learn to sail them.
Wow....are you thinking about commuting from Sequim to Pt by boat?

Old 04-12-2016, 11:46 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,707,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yes, I was lucky that my visit happened to fall during a sunny week, so I left with a good impression of Pt T.

I second everything you said about the waterfront. If people want neat and tidy wharfs full of private yachts, they can go to Pt Hadlock or Ludlow. And if I do move to Pt T, I'm going to get a canoe.
Wish I could get a sailboat, but I guess I'll have to either pay to rent one, or volunteer to crew for people.
Rantiquity, I was responding to Ruth's wish to sail. Are you planning to commute between PT and Sequim by ambulance?

Old 04-12-2016, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
Sequim has an ER?
OMC in the back left side first floor across from the vampire room...

Old 04-12-2016, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
Rantiquity, I was responding to Ruth's wish to sail. Are you planning to commute between PT and Sequim by ambulance?
If you are talking to me...then I haven't clue what that means...but wandering off topic of the OP is not cool.

Old 04-14-2016, 11:18 PM

2 posts, read 3,397 times
Thanks all. Looks like the job op is shaping up. We shall see. It's a big move for us.

Old 04-15-2016, 06:30 AM

1,961 posts, read 2,254,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFrost View Post
Thanks all. Looks like the job op is shaping up. We shall see. It's a big move for us.
Cool. Congrats!

I would start checking out rentals. They are pretty hard to find right now. Look in Port Angeles, Sequim and Port Townsend to increase your chances.

Here is a C-D thread with some sources.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/washi...sequim-wa.html

There is also a Facebook page Clallam County Rentals.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/361247437281816/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington