Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2009, 05:57 AM

19 posts, read 108,651 times

Advertisements

I have a house in Forks. I expect lots of rain and some small town fun and fishing, and a nice summer I am looking forward too because I won't have a job I will have time to get know people places and things to do, like beach coming day hiking, fly fishing, claming crab fishing too. fire wood cutting, stacking and garage sale shoping for antques. with all this to do I won't have time for a job.

Forks seemed like a nice place to live,the town business area is close and the people are very friendly in this a great place to get out of the Drout,in San Diego. CA. Forks where water is not in short supply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 12:57 PM

4 posts, read 18,815 times
Just what Forks needs, more Californians.
What has happend to the locals, and Sequim is a prime example although Forks also suffers this, is the sheer number of Californians moving up the coast and pricing people out of land and homes they have lived on or near for generations.
While I wish you no ill will it makes me sad for the people who have been born and raised and are being displaced out of their very own community.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:36 PM

19 posts, read 108,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodland_water View Post
Just what Forks needs, more Californians.
What has happend to the locals, and Sequim is a prime example although Forks also suffers this, is the sheer number of Californians moving up the coast and pricing people out of land and homes they have lived on or near for generations.
While I wish you no ill will it makes me sad for the people who have been born and raised and are being displaced out of their very own community.
Well said my friend, I'am not a fruit or Nut from California I have some good reasons for buying in Forks. I have family in Sequim, I am retiring to Forks, enjoy life,not make it worse for the locals I have no kids, and simple needs, like some friends, and fishing frends works for me too, I love the smell of the wood ,and the fresh air. I paid my dues and worked 27 years for the DOD, Navy. I will spend my pension , in town if your the local merchant your happy to get my money. There for I am welcome in Forks, because I paid my way to get there, and I can live on my retirement pay , for now. I have 8 years dealing with Haz mat, and I brew natural fuel for my pickup, (Bio-Diesel), and I am looking into wind driven electricity, you know renewable fuels Green energy, I have a lot to offer Forks, and I know its going to rain there a lot, so we can visit the south now and then in the winters to dry out lol, Yea we saw that Forks whent through something like 88 days of rain.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:08 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,454,360 times
Forks gets 88 days of rain per month.

Old 04-21-2009, 02:20 PM

52 posts, read 349,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
Forks gets 88 days of rain per month.
Does it rain twice on some days?

Old 04-21-2009, 06:47 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,454,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psprague View Post
Does it rain twice on some days?
Only on days when the commenter has a dry sense of humor.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:58 PM

52 posts, read 349,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
Only on days when the commenter has a dry sense of humor.
Yer killing me.....

Old 06-02-2009, 09:56 AM

1 posts, read 4,112 times
hi my name is tony,from a small town in Idaho. I have a wife and an 8 year old daughter we are planning on moving to forks, or the general area. Is there any advice you can give me about jobs, inexpensive places to live, and general living expenses?

Old 06-02-2009, 12:57 PM

576 posts, read 2,260,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony8471 View Post
hi my name is tony,from a small town in Idaho. I have a wife and an 8 year old daughter we are planning on moving to forks, or the general area. Is there any advice you can give me about jobs, inexpensive places to live, and general living expenses?
Hi Tony:

Where in "small town" Idaho are you living currently? We have a home in Boise as well as a home in Port Angeles. I'll do my best to give you my $0.02 once I have a feel for which part of Idaho you're in.

In general however the job market essentially anywhere on the Oly peninsula is tough right now. The job market in Forks is, well honestly, more than tough at this time- if you're able find work at all. It's a logging/lumber town and not much has been happening building new homes across the nation lately.

As a generalization compared to ID, most places in WA will be more expensive to live than what you're probably used to (unless you live in Sun Valley or something! ). That includes sales tax, property tax, vehicle registration and license as well as rent. Remember, WA doesn't have a state income like ID does, so they make up for it with these other taxes. Furthermore, WA state has a huge budget deficit currently so we may get to endure even higher taxation in the near future. We'll see!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington