Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 03:01 AM

362 posts, read 590,039 times

Advertisements

i wouldnt live in fl for 20 million dollars

i sort of like portland because its warmer and yet the heat was nicer than seattle heat for some reason
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2007, 06:22 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,443,532 times
thanks everyone for your words of encouragement...i fly tomorrow and will be there soon!

Old 05-22-2007, 08:48 PM

1 posts, read 2,275 times
Cool Back to the sun

I recently returned to the sun in California after a four year stay in the Washington gloom. Despite the beauty, I just missed the sun too much and couldn't handle it. Soon one of my California friends who also moved to Washington area will be joining me for the same reason. Best wishes....

Old 05-22-2007, 09:14 PM

113 posts, read 877,052 times
Don't be afraid of moving to Washington? Washington has it all!

Mountains - Mt. Rainier, Mt. Baker, Mt. Adams, and amazing Mt. St. Helens!

Ocean - Puget Sound and the Pacific Ocean!

Islands - Whidbey Island and the gorgeous San Juans!

Rivers - The famous Columbia River, not to mention the Yakima, the Skagit, the Snake, the Hoh, and more!

Cities - Seattle, Tacoma, and even Spokane offer many big city attractions!

Zoos - Seattle and Tacoma have great zoos and Portland is not far away with one of their own.

Hiking - Whether you like elevation gain (Cascade Mountains), arid hikes (Eastern Washington), or Forest and beach hikes (Olympic Peninsula), there are many to choose from.

Rain - The Olympic Peninsula has some of the most beautiful storms! And contrary to popular belief, it doesn't rain in Seattle as much as you've heard.

Snow - The Cascade Mountains collect tons of snow suitable for snowmobiling, skiing, and even driving to Grandmother's house in.

Sun - Not many know this, but parts of Eastern Washington qualify as a desert. Temperatures in Wenatchee and the Tri-Cities area regularly are in the 90's and usually poke into the 100's for a couple weeks a year at least.

Lakes - Lake Chelan is 50 miles long and leads to a few communities that you can only get to by boat, air, or hiking as no roads connect them to the outside world. Many other Lakes too!

Beaches - With Puget Sound and the Pacific Coastline there is plenty of sand and tidepools to explore.

Small Towns - Experience country life in parts of southwestern and most of eastern Washington State.

Canada - Great times can be had just across the border

Recreation - if outdoor recreation is what you're after, then satisfy yourself with: Hiking, rock climbing, snowmobiling, jetskiing, boating, mountain climbing, skiing, cross country skiing, mountain biking, swimming, running, trail running, hunting, fishing, and so much more.

I don't know if theres another state in the union where you can say that you are at any time literally no more than a 2-3 hour drive away from: the ocean, a desert, a rain forest, the countryside, the big city, a foreign country, the mountains, the lakes, the rivers, the beach and coast line, or professional sports.

There... don't be afraid... everythings going to be all right... afterall, we're gonna get through this together.

Hope that helps.

Old 05-23-2007, 08:30 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,443,532 times
Thanks so much!

Old 05-25-2007, 02:08 PM

24 posts, read 91,259 times
I am a transplant from the South-born in New Orleans, raised in coastal Georgia. I will NEVER go back!!! I love Washington....the moody weather, the rugged coast, the mountains, the TREES! The people here are nice, and genuine, and we have felt welcomed for the last 9 years we have been here. We are raising our family here and hope that all of our next generations will do the same.

I missed it if you said where in Washington you are going....I am still surprised about the differences between eastern and western Washington.

Old 05-26-2007, 06:43 PM

113 posts, read 877,052 times
The differences in the different areas of Washington are the thing that make it so special to me.

Tree cover mountains in the west, rugged rocky mountains in the east, desert land, rain forest, islands, ocean beaches, rivers and lakes, ahh... I could go on and on.

Old 06-01-2007, 12:43 PM

417 posts, read 1,282,729 times
Default Come on up

Me and my two cats, Boss and Sissy, say, "come on up". How can it be all bad if you have your "furbags" with you? Save things that you have to do for when it is pouring rain--the housework, cook some meals ahead and freeze them, e-mail your friends to let them know you're still kicking, etc. I like to curl up with a good book or watch a few movies when the rain is just impossible. You'll do just fine.

Old 06-12-2007, 10:55 AM

362 posts, read 590,039 times
wa has the most skin cancer in usa so be careful

they feel sooo safe here -im amazed how stupid and trusting of the sun they are and theyre so white and blond

theyre silly fools

wear a hat etc

Old 06-12-2007, 02:46 PM

164 posts, read 287,620 times
Wow. I am so glad I came across this thread! I've been lurking here for the past week but I just HAD to post...I am also moving from Sarasota FL to the Seattle area Aug 2nd! I am a nervous wreck, the past few nights have been especially bad to where I am actually having trouble falling asleep. lol I am a native to Sarasota and have ZERO family in the NW, but I cant tell you how depressing it is here between the rude people, all the 'new' money moving here, and the weather. Nothing to do here as far as being outdoors.

I am excited about Washington because I hear how beautiful it is, but extremely nervous as I have never made a move like this. (I'm 21) I will also be taking my two kitties with me as well!

PG77 I hope you're adjusting well to the move so far! I would love to hear how you are feeling now that you have finally made it! Keep us posted!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington