Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 11:42 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,443,532 times

Advertisements

Not sure if this is the right subject content to put on this forum, but I am suffering from "I dont know if I should move from Florida to WA syndrome". I am used to sunshine and water, etc. and although I know its beautiful in WA, I am not sure if I can adjust to the clouds and rain, etc. However, the employment situation is very limited here in FL and I have no family here but have family in WA. Help! I need some cheering up and reassurance. I am getting rid of everything to come there and start fresh. Dreading this big trip, me and my cat Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2007, 11:54 AM

3,176 posts, read 14,706,292 times
have you tried this website? www.****.com

I came from sunny and super toasty Calif - jobs are great here! And yes it's very pretty - but I can't handle the clouds anymore and we are moving back.

Having your family around will be a plus - my family is in Calif so I'm looking forward to that too

Old 05-16-2007, 12:47 PM

93 posts, read 418,770 times
Default Go! Go! Go!!!!!!

PG, maybe this will help you decide - I also have family in Florida and in Washington, and I had a heck of a time trying to decide where to go - until I did my homework.

I've done lots of research on the economy of both states, and found out that it would be IMPOSSIBLE for me to support myself in Tampa, where my sister lives. The economy in Florida is very dismal in comparison to what's in Washington, and I keep reading that people are leaving Florida in droves because they simply can't support themselves.

I am now living in California, have lived here all my life, but I finally made the decision a few weeks ago that life isn't getting any longer and I need to be happy for a change - so I am going ahead with my plan to quit my job, give my landlord 30 days' notice, and LEAVE. Believe me, I couldn't have done this if I was going to Florida because I would have been seriously scared about not getting a job after I arrive - and I don't feel that way about Washington.

Anyway, I hope that helps - go to Washington!!

: )

Old 05-16-2007, 01:06 PM

131 posts, read 184,300 times
We are also currently living in Fl. As soon as our property is sold we are heading for Everett. There are many things to do in the PNW. I am looking forward to being around folks with a West Coast outlook on life. Florida
sucks. The schools are terrible, Good Ole Boy networks abound here. New
thinkers are discouraged. Washington will be like a breath of fresh air. You will
like it there!

Old 05-16-2007, 01:06 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,443,532 times
thank you all very much! you have really helped me out alot i feel much better now

Old 05-16-2007, 01:15 PM

534 posts, read 3,112,511 times
It's really good that you have family in the area. That will be a big help!

I've lived in Florida (Naples) and would choose Washington in a heartbeat (although I wouldn't mind being able to spend Jan-April in FL).

Old 05-16-2007, 01:20 PM
LMB

405 posts, read 1,894,028 times
We're leaving FL for WA too. It's not job-related though. I have a great job in Orlando that I'm leaving at the end of this month after 15 years. I'm calling it retirement, but it's not really as I'll continue to work on contract from home. We want to live closer to the rest of the family in the PNW, and Orlando has changed dramatically for the worse in the last 5 years. We can't wait to get out. Our move date is only about a month away!

Old 05-16-2007, 01:30 PM

93 posts, read 418,770 times
Yes!! One thing I always heard about Florida: "Florida's a dump, too many sexual offenders, very conservative." After hearing this so many times, that really made up my mind. : )

Old 05-16-2007, 02:28 PM

353 posts, read 934,911 times
I much prefer the WA weather!

Old 05-16-2007, 02:39 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,054,934 times
Your cat will enjoy Washington weather more too!

...eh, maybe not. A lot of people have cats in Washington, though.

Thanks.

--'rocco
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington